The Rut

GAHS7462
All Conference

The Rut

Post by GAHS7462 »

I know they were calling for the deer rut to peak around Nov.14-16..... I've only seen 2 bucks with does. All the other bucks are with other bucks or by themself. My question would be, has the rut peaked??? Or has all the warm weather got everything messed-up??????

The Enforcer
SEO

Re: The Rut

Post by The Enforcer »

I think the Warm Weather has everything messed up.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I agree..... I've not seen one buck chasing a doe.. Last year I saw a bunch of bucks chasing doe's on Nov. 11th........(2008).. Some bucks are keep their scrapes clean but,there are alot of them that aren't...... Its got me wondering what the heck is going on. This time last year I would have seen lots of bucks. This year I've seen only a spike...... My camera says the big boys are there.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I agree..... I've not seen one buck chasing a doe.. Last year I saw a bunch of bucks chasing doe's on Nov. 11th........(2008).. Some bucks are keep their scrapes clean but,there are alot of them that aren't...... Its got me wondering what the heck is going on. This time last year I would have seen lots of bucks. This year I've seen only a spike...... My camera says the big boys are there.

Whers that at and I will check it out for you???? :122245 :122245 :mrgreen:

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:

Whers that at and I will check it out for you???? :122245 :122245 :mrgre

Good one!!!!!!! Gallia County!!!!!!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I used to hunt Gallia all the time. If you go past the Swamp bar I think its the next road on the right. There some swamps all down thru there and some big Bucks.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The rut has already peaked. There may be some does in right now, but few and far between. It wasnt exactly warm through October and I saw bucks chasing consistently the last week of last month. The peak of the rut when a bucks defenses are down only lasts 4-5 days and that has long passed. There should be another few days of peak action next month as some does come back in that werent bred.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I used to hunt Gallia all the time. If you go past the Swamp bar I think its the next road on the right. There some swamps all down thru there and some big Bucks.

Your in the general area. Real close. I gave up on that area and moved in toward Rio Grande. Had a big 8pt come by thursday evening. He stayed out of shooting range by staying behind the tree's and brush. I've see more deer in that area thursday evening and friday morning,than I did in 2weeks at the other place. I'll be back there thursday/friday when I get back from Alabama.

That buck was with a doe cause I jumped him/her when I went into the woods. He came back about and hour later looking for her with his nose in the air sniffing.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Between the four guys that hunt with me, we all seen Bucks chasing does heavy this weekend. Get in the woods hunters.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I'll be in the woods in the morning... They are making new scrapes just a few days ago......

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”