Message Boards A dying thing.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Message Boards A dying thing.

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

On the three I post on they are all dead.
Does anyone see things changing?
Even during the high school football and baseball season, the talk was way down.
Now baseball/softball season is here and things have not picked up.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Message Boards A dying thing.

Post by Omega »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:23 am On the three I post on they are all dead.
Even during the high school football and baseball season, the talk was way down.
The heyday of the forum genre was 20 years ago when the internet was relatively young. Now there are simply too many alternatives like Twitter and Instagram where one can express their thoughts and opinions. Throw in live streaming of games, forums lose value as a source of information.

@mattash should be commended for hanging on and keeping SEOP alive. Running a web site is an investment of personal time and money even with advertising. Sadly as video killed the radio star, video will kill this segment of the web. That will be profoundly sad for us old farts. Where else can we pontificate our profound wisdom in relative anonymity?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Message Boards A dying thing.

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Omega wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:41 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:23 am On the three I post on they are all dead.
The heyday of the forum genre was 20 years ago when the internet was relatively young. Now there are simply too many alternatives like Twitter and Instagram where one can express their thoughts and opinions. Throw in live streaming of games, forums lose value as a source of information.

@mattash should be commended for hanging on and keeping SEOP alive. Running a web site is an investment of personal time and money even with advertising. Sadly as video killed the radio star, video will kill this segment of the web. That will be profoundly sad for us old farts. Where else can we pontificate our profound wisdom in relative anonymity?
I agree Matt is awesome keeping this thing up and running.
I constantly post links to this site on my Twitter page and my Facebook page.

Return to “Games, Birthdays, Welcomes, Trivia & More”