Gossip

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The California Highway Patrol recommended this week that actress and singer Brandy be charged with misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter for allegedly starting a freeway crash that killed a woman motorist last month.The 27-year-old performer slammed her Land Rover into the back of a braking Honda at 65 m.p.h.,propelling it into oncoming traffic.Witnesses said Brandy was obviously disoriented and highly upset after the crash.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Paris Hilton last week sued a Web site that was charging people $39.97 to look at her private possessions.The proprietors of Parisexposed said they picked up the items at auction after Hilton failed to make payments on a storage locker where they were kept.Until the Web site was shut down items on display included photos and videos of Hilton in various stages of undress,and medical records revealing that Hilton was taking Valtrex to treat herpes.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Al Franken is giving up talk radio to run for a U.S. Senate seat in Minnesota in 2008,said the Minneapolis Tribune.Several Minnesota Democrats told the paper that Franken had called them recently to let them know his intentions.From his voice to my ears,he's running, said one.Last week,Franken announced that he was stepping down from his show on the liberal talk-radio network.Air America.On the same day.a New York real estate developer announced that he was buying the struggling network.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

J.K. Rowling finished writing the seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series in a luxury Edinburgh hotel room,and marked the occasion by signing a statue.J.K. Rowling finished writing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in this room on 11 Jan 2007, the author wrote on the antique-style statue.A spokewoman for the Balmoral Hotel said that defacing the furnishings is normally discouraged,but obviously,this is a unique case. The final Potter book will go on sale July 21,but was made available for pre-sale on the Internet last week and immediately became Amazons best-selling title.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Anne Heche is getting divorced,and People magazine says the reason is a budding relationship with her Men In Trees co-star James Tupper.In court papers,Heche's husband ,cameraman Coleman Laffoon,cited "irreconcilable differences" and sought both spousal support and joint custody of their 4-year-old son.Heche left girlfriend Ellen DeGeneres for Laffoon six years ago.They met while he was filming a documentary on DeGeneres.People says Heche and Tupper--who recently went through a divorce of his own--were spotted cuddling and kissing on a Jan.13 flight from Vancouver to Los Angeles.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A flight attendant for Qantas Airlines was suspended this week for allegdly having sex with actor Ralph Flennes in an airplane bathroom.Lisa Robertson,38 denied the charge,saying that Fiennes had followed her into the lavatory without her permission.I explained to him that this was inappropriate and ask him to leave,she said.Mr Fiennes became amorous towards me and after a short period of time I convinced him to leave the toilet,which he did.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The general manager of the Cartoon Network resigned last week in the wake of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force scandal that shut down large sections of Boston last month. Jim Samples said that he was "compelled to step down,effective immediately,in recognition of the gravity of the situation that occurred under my watch." Turner Broadcasting has agreed to pay Boston $2 million to compemsate it for the massive police response that occured when devices meant to advertise the show were mistaken for bombs.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

After six years of insisting he would never get married again,Howard Stern 53,proposed to 34-year-old Model Beth Ostrosky on Valentine's Day.Stern and his first wife divorced after 22 years,in 2000.He began dating Ostrosky a year later,but said he would never mess up the relationship by making it legal.last week,he presented Ostrosky with a 5.2-carat diamond ring,saying ,I'm asking you to spend the rest of your life with me. On his radio show,Stern claimed he made Ostrosky take off her cloths before he proposed and that he'd had her uterus removed.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Actress Bridget Moynahan is more than three months pregnant with the child of her ex-boyfriend,Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. The couple seperated in December and Brady is now dating supermodel Gisele Bundchen. Moynahan, 36, is healthy and excited, said her spokewoman.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ray Liotta was arrested for driving under the influence last week after crashing into two parked cars in Los Angeles.The actor was released on $15,000 bail.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Angelina Jolie has been invited to join the Council on Foreign Relations.The actress and U.N. goodwill ambassador was selected as part of an effort to "nurture the next generation of foreign policy makers," said the prestigious think tank.Other members include Dick Cheney, Henry Kissinger, and Alan Greenspan.last week.Jolie and husband Brad Pitt began the process of adopting a child from Vietam,said Us Weekly.The couple has not confirmed that report.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hugh Grant was posing for photos at the Dutch premiere of his new film when a woman rushed onto the red caepet and handcuffed herself to him.The actor looked shocked,but continued to pose and sign autographs for 10 minutes until the fire department arrived and cut him free.The woman was identified as a reporter for a Dutch TV station.He did look relieved when he disappeared into the theater,said a witness,she could have been a maniac.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Madonna has a rule for her daughter, Lourdes: No boys for her until she turns 18,the singer told the World Entertainment News network.Madonna began to get nervous after her 10-year-old child got a lot of attention at a recent movie premiere,said The National Enquirer. Everyone told Lourdes how gorgeous she is, a source told the tabloid.It made (Madonna)nervous to think that in just a few years guys would be hitting on her only girl.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hugh Hefner is getting married for the third time,said the New York Post last week. The 80-year-old Playboy founder has secretly proposed to one of his girlfriends, 27-year-old Holly Madison,and plans to tape the wedding for his reality TV show,a source told the paper. "Hef thinks business all the time and looks for a new hook," said the source,"although he also does really love Holly."

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Anne Nicole Smith was laid to rest two weeks ago in the Bahamas in a pink coffin with her name spelled out in rhinestones.The funeral drew 130 mourners,including Guns N Roses guitarist Slash,and featured competing eulogies from Smiths estranged mother,Virgie Arthur,and from Howard K. Stern and Larry Birkhead,who are fighting over the paternity of Smith's infant.Stern who called Smith "one of the smartest people I Know," drew applause,but Arthur,who had tried to get injunction against the burial,was roundly booed.Entertainment Tonight reportedly paid Stern $4 million for the rights to cover the service.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Actress Salma Hayek revealed two weeks ago that she is pregnant and engaged to be married.Her relationship with French fashion mogul Francois-Henri Pinault had been a closely guarded secret.Penault,whose company owns Gucci,Yves Saint Laurent,and other fashion lines,has a family fortune of $7 billion.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A planned Van Halen reunion was thrown into doubt when guitarist Eddie Van Halen checked himself into rehab for an unspecified substance problem."I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best,"said Van Halen in a message to his fans."At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A luxury rehab clinic is suing Courtney Love to collect a $180,000 bill.The Beau Monde center in Southern California,which offers gourmet food,spa treatment,and whale watching in addition to addiction treatment,says Love paid #10,000 in advance but skipped out on her balance after conpleting the program.Love's lawyer says there's simply been a misunderstanding about what she owed.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Two weeks ago Paul McCartney and Heather Mills reached an agreement to settle their bitter divorce,according to several published reports.In the agreement,Mills will drop her demand for sole custody of the couple's 3-year-old daughter in exchange for a lump sum payment of $48 million and one of McCartney's mansions.She will also drop her demand for $6.6 million a year 'to get by." Since the couple split last year,Mills has charged the former Beatle with physically abusing her,while the British press has called Mills a heartless gold digger and alleged that she once worked as a high-priced call girl.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Angelina Jolie last week adopted a fourth child,a 3-year-old Vietnamese boy she named Pax Thien Jolie.The actress flew to Hanoi to collect the child from the orphanage where he has lived since birth.'i will stay at home to help Pax adjust to his new life," said Jolie,requesting privacy. "Photographs and press coverage will make him upset.i'm very worried about that.I would like to say I'm sorry for bringing this into Pax's life." Jolie's partner,Brad Pitt,was not officially named as the father because Vietnam does not allow unwed couples to adopt.

Return to “Games, Birthdays, Welcomes, Trivia & More”