RIP Lucas Davenport

General Chat
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: RIP Lucas Davenport

Post by OHHS old timer »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:31 pm I'm in shock, I read the thread title and my heart dropped ... I had just texted Eddie about going to the SW vs Minford game last week ... traveling SEOhio I have met so many wonderful people - those who know the game of basketball; those who know & love the game of basketball ; those who know, love and are connected to the game of basketball - Eddie Scott/Lucas Davenport/ LD was that guy ... after meeting Eddie at Chillicothe when his son Coach Connor Scott was the freshman/JV coach/assistant at CHS we became friends instantly ... such a great guy ... we did game updates together from the Convo - we got our SEOPS District Passes courtesy of MATTASH, our last updates from A'town were during the last "3 Weeks of the Convo" in 2020 - fans were not allowed in but we had our press passes ... we met up at Southeastern last year for regional games - Eddie covered all of the updates from around the state- keeping us all up on the scores while doing the updates of the games we were watching - could never believe a person could post from his phone that fast LOL ... we've stayed friends in basketball ... as I92 posted - THIS hurts ... Eddie loved his family, he loved life WITH his wife and family more than anything ... such a proud father of Connor - they were more than father/son they were "friends" - it was great seeing them together ... my deepest condolences go out to the Scott family, all of those whom Eddie/LD called friends - and he had many many - LD could talk to anyone and DID talk to everyone ... you are all in my thoughts and prayers ...
It really stinks to read this. Having chatted with him via DM, Eddie/LD made me feel like I was talking with someone that I had known for several years.

I still remember his "bus trip" idea....lol. The SEOPS sports center updates....man, those were funny sometimes as I sent everyone back to LD at the Convo.

Just for you LD....tonight I'll enjoy some Bulliet Bourbon and a Hoya de Monterrey Excalibur cigar.

My deepest condolences to his wife and 2 adult kids. And condolences to everyone Eddie/LD touched in SEOPS....

May God provide comfort to all in this time of grief and sadness.

RIP Lucas Davenport/LD/Eddie....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
8Kobe24
Waterboy

Post by 8Kobe24 »

Very sad news, Eddie was a great guy!!! Definitely will be praying for his family.

ENJOY LIFE TODAY BECAUSE YESTERDAY
IS GONE AND TOMORROW IS NEVER PROMISED!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

WOW!!!! Have known Eddie for a long time. Went to Burg with him and then played a lot of basketball with him over the years behind the old Wheelersburg grade school.

Prayers to his family in this trying time!!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

This year is really depressing with Turk, mlittles boy and LD

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

It would be nice if we could organize a SEOPS collection

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Hated to hear the news about Eddie. May the family find comfort during these difficult days.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Sorry to hear the news about Eddie. May his family find comfort in during these difficult days.

dbf76@hotmail.com
Waterboy

Post by dbf76@hotmail.com »

Oh my, this is such a shock. I have never met LD or talked to him, but I always looked forward to his updates during March Madness. You could always count on him to update you with stats and humor. So sad. My heart goes out to his family and friends. RIP LD.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Was just going back through my PM's from LucasDavenport ... reading through his posts ... prior years ... last February about this time , he had sent me & mattash a PM wanting to see if there was a way of he & I doing live audio broadcasts from the Convo (when things got back to normal) similar to radio but broadcast some way via SEOPS ... we would do the game broadcasts then have seops users from the different schools who were at the Convo to be pregame, halftime, post game interviews ... just basketball fans/junkies from SE Ohio talking hoops ...

... "passing through, passing through ... sometimes happy, sometimes blue ..." thanks LD - glad that I met up with you ... all the time knowing that we are all only passing through ... so long my friend - pfloyd

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Rest in peace Eddie he and I played on Burgs basketball team together always fun to be around he was always cracking jokes in high school man this is sad he sure will be missed

Burg grad 85
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:47 pm Was just going back through my PM's from LucasDavenport ... reading through his posts ... prior years ... last February about this time , he had sent me & mattash a PM wanting to see if there was a way of he & I doing live audio broadcasts from the Convo (when things got back to normal) similar to radio but broadcast some way via SEOPS ... we would do the game broadcasts then have seops users from the different schools who were at the Convo to be pregame, halftime, post game interviews ... just basketball fans/junkies from SE Ohio talking hoops ...

... "passing through, passing through ... sometimes happy, sometimes blue ..." thanks LD - glad that I met up with you ... all the time knowing that we are all only passing through ... so long my friend - pfloyd
Man would of been amazing

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

scott1297 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:24 pm Rest in peace Eddie he and I played on Burgs basketball team together always fun to be around he was always cracking jokes in high school man this is sad he sure will be missed
How was your team ?

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

scott1297 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:24 pm Rest in peace Eddie he and I played on Burgs basketball team together always fun to be around he was always cracking jokes in high school man this is sad he sure will be missed
How was your team ?

Michael Scott
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Rest in peace, LD. A great poster with a remarkable knowledge, passion and dedication toward high school basketball in Southern Ohio. Peace be to the Scott family, his friends and all those whose lives were positively impacted having known him offline and online.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:32 pm Rest in peace, LD. A great poster with a remarkable knowledge, passion and dedication toward high school basketball in Southern Ohio. Peace be to the Scott family, his friends and all those whose lives were positively impacted having known him offline and online.
... well said formerfcfan ... amen ...

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

mattash wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:16 pm This year is really depressing with Turk, mlittles boy and LD
Along with MadDawg last year... Rest in peace

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

For those of you that are interested….

https://www.dwswickfuneralhome.com/obituary/eddie-scott

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"Eddie attended The Rock Church, was a Financial Advisor, a former teacher at South Webster and Huntington Ross High Schools. He was also a former Administrator at South Point and Portsmouth High Schools."

Michael Scott

Return to “The Off season”