Posts disappearing

General Chat
cbolt
SEOP

Posts disappearing

Post by cbolt »

Has anyone ever had their posts disappear after submitting then taking you back to the sign in page? This happens to me constantly and is really annoying! I've learned to copy my post before submitting so I don't have to go back and re-type everything.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Posts disappearing

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:28 pm Has anyone ever had their posts disappear after submitting then taking you back to the sign in page? This happens to me constantly and is really annoying! I've learned to copy my post before submitting so I don't have to go back and re-type everything.
Common occurrence for me Bolt. On my cheap Kindle tablet, my SEOP log in times out when commenting, thus prompting another log in, losing what I have typed. Maybe a work around is checking the "keep me logged in" box when signing in, or at least in my case have my thoughts better organized and type faster.

If it is any consolation, this happens also on other websites I use, so it is not just SEOP. Also though I have not done work in helping to maintain a website in several years, I remember many "canned" platforms had a log in automatic time out feature if there was no user activity after a set time. Kind of a security thing to keep an unauthorized person from being able to comment under your username. Maybe @mattash has a solution. But the copy to repaste is my go to work around.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Re: Posts disappearing

Post by cbolt »

Omega wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:08 pm I remember many "canned" platforms had a log in automatic time out feature if there was no user activity after a set time.
I think you're onto something here. Seems the longer it takes me to post the more likely it is to happen. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I never noticed it until about a month ago.

Return to “The Off season”