Been a somber summer...(I'm back)

General Chat
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Been a somber summer...(I'm back)

Post by OHHS old timer »

Been a sad couple of months. May 19th...I had to put my buddy, Winston down. A boxer-lab mix, he was a faithful and fun loving friend to all in neighborhood. The cause was stomach cancer...a silent killer. One saving grace was that I started volunteering at a local animal rescue facility in Walton County. Alaqua Animal Refuge is a great place. Working with all of the animals there is very rewarding. Right now, I'm tending to some goats who were rescued...their owner passed away and the family asked for help. I do wish the older goats would stop butting me in the arse...I swear those little turds are smiling...lol

One thing that really helped getting over Winston was a book...Rescuing Sprite...a wonderful book by Mark Levin. I highly recommend it!!!

Well, I think I've rambled enough for now.

One final thought....I got my back-to-back Stanley Cup gear in the mail. GO LIGHTNING!!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Been a somber summer...(I'm back)

Post by OHHS old timer »

OHHS old timer wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:55 pm Been a sad couple of months. May 19th...I had to put my buddy, Winston down. A boxer-lab mix, he was a faithful and fun loving friend to all in neighborhood. The cause was stomach cancer...a silent killer. One saving grace was that I started volunteering at a local animal rescue facility in Walton County. Alaqua Animal Refuge is a great place. Working with all of the animals there is very rewarding. Right now, I'm tending to some goats who were rescued...their owner passed away and the family asked for help. I do wish the older goats would stop butting me in the arse...I swear those little turds are smiling...lol

One thing that really helped getting over Winston was a book...Rescuing Sprite...a wonderful book by Mark Levin. I highly recommend it!!!

Well, I think I've rambled enough for now.

One final thought....I got my back-to-back Stanley Cup gear in the mail. GO LIGHTNING!!!
I didn't mentioned that Winston, like my previous two, were rescued from our local shelter. If you're thinking about a dog or cat...check out your local animal shelter.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Sorry to hear that old timer. Kudos to you though for adopting pets from shelters, that’s awesome, would like to see more of that here.

Who Dey!
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:30 pm Sorry to hear that old timer. Kudos to you though for adopting pets from shelters, that’s awesome, would like to see more of that here.
Thanks, PTrojan59. Appreciate that.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Just seen this, oldtimer. Sorry to hear about your dog. I know how you feel buddy. I lost a few dogs in my lifetime. It hurts. They become apart of ya, and family. If it makes ya feel any better you will see him again someday. I truly believe in that. He's waiting for ya at rainbow bridge when you cross.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:55 pm Just seen this, oldtimer. Sorry to hear about your dog. I know how you feel buddy. I lost a few dogs in my lifetime. It hurts. They become apart of ya, and family. If it makes ya feel any better you will see him again someday. I truly believe in that. He's waiting for ya at rainbow bridge when you cross.
Thanks, TRENCH....I sure will see him again. Think I'll take a couple of kids from across the street and let them help me pick out another one.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Oldtimer. Never thought I could have gotten close to cats as I did my dogs but I have. I have a few more heartbreaks coming when they pass. Cats are different than dogs but they still appreciate ya once they get close to ya. I got one that even fetches her toy like a dog does. I have 5 and they all know their individual names as well and have a loving nature. They don't like it when I leave, and are happy when I get home, just about like a dog does. Some people don't like cats, but they would if they gave them a little time, and had one of their own. I love and appreciate all living things the Lord created and put on this earth. I feel sorry for animals sometimes more than people because they can't talk and the cards they've been dealt. Lots of suffering going on that could be stopped and should never happen. Some people just don't care and have no heart.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Well said rottenfoot!!! I would rather be around animals than a lot of people..... People really get on my nerves sometimes! I got a cat and he comes out to meet me almost everytime I get back in the driveway. He is glad to see me back.,.....

Return to “The Off season”