The Second Coming - Liberal's god

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

The Second Coming - Liberal's god

Post by kantuckyII »

Inauguration Poster Likens Obama to Jesus

Street vendors and souvenir stores across Washington, D.C. are selling posters depicting President Obama as Jesus Christ — and one national news publication called him the “Second Coming.” The poster, which does not have the official endorsement of the White House, features an image of the president in prayer with the headline, “Prophecy Fulfilled.”

“Barak is of Hebrew origin and its meaning is ‘flash of lightning,” the poster notes, referencing a passage in in the Old Testament book of Judges. Hussein, they allege, is a Biblical word meaning “good and handsome.”
“So you see, Barak was destined to be a good and handsome man that would rise like a flash of lightning to win victory in a battle against overwhelming odds,” the poster read.

Image This week’s cover of Newsweek depicts President Obama as the “Second Coming” – a biblical reference to the return of Christ.
It’s not the first time that Obama has been deified by his supporters.

Actor Jamie Foxx called President Obama “our Lord and Savior” during a recent television appearance. “It’s like church over here,” Foxx told the audience. “First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and Savior Barack Obama.”
“Barack Obama,” he shouted as the audience cheered.

Florida A&M professor Barbara Thompson published a book titled “The Gospel According to Apostle Barack.” The book likens Obama to Jesus Christ and Martin Luther King, Jr.

“I learned that Jesus walked the earth to create a more civilized society, Martin (Luther King) walked the earth to create a more justified society, but, Apostle Barack, the name he was called in my dreams, would walk the earth to create a more equalized society, for the middle class and working poor,” she wrote in an excerpt published by The Daily Caller. “Apostle Barack, the next young leader with a new cause, had been taken to the mountaintop and allowed to see over the other side.”

A controversial painting of President Obama, posed as Jesus Christ on the cross, was part of an art exhibit at Bunker Hill Community College in Boston.

The Michael D’Antuono painting is called “The Truth” — and features the president with his arms stretched out — wearing a crown of thorns
The original debut of the painting four years ago was cancelled due to public outrage, Design & Trend reported.

At the time D’Antuono told Air America that he didn’t mean to “disrespect people’s religion. It’s meant as a political piece.”

Image And at the Democratic National Convention street vendors were selling an array of products including a prayer garment embroidered with President Obama’s name — along with a calendar that declared him “heaven sent.”
The entry also included a photograph of Obama along with a passage of Scripture from the New Testament. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life,” the entry read — referencing John 3:16.

The month of November includes an image of individuals with their hands on Obama’s back — with the words “The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.”

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: The Second Coming - Liberal's god

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ImageImageImage

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Dead Horse? well...whatever

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:Dead Horse? well...whatever
ImageImage

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Flogging a dead horse (alternatively beating a dead horse, or beating a dead dog in some parts of the Anglophone world) is an idiom that means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile; or that to continue in any endeavour (physical, mental, etc.) is a waste of time as the outcome is already decided.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

The thing is a highly doubt there is one person on here that feels that Obama is anything more than a man. He is not a savior, not the "second coming", and certainly not Jesus. He is just a man who is our President. The only one who keeps posting crap like this is Kantucky so yes he is beating a dead horse and this crap is getting boring.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Its not surprising to see the democrats do this and rise Obama up to something he is not and will never be. They put him on a pedestal which makes him look stupid and foolish since day one and it will end until he is gone.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Hey tuck you didn't give up on the bengazi thing yet did you ? I hear Hillary is testifying Wed. if she don't black out again, maybe you can give us some refreshing news then :aaaaa46
Last edited by C-Bolt on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:The thing is a highly doubt there is one person on here that feels that Obama is anything more than a man. He is not a savior, not the "second coming", and certainly not Jesus. He is just a man who is our President. The only one who keeps posting crap like this is Kantucky so yes he is beating a dead horse and this crap is getting boring.
Well said Burg. I don't know even one Democrat that puts President Obama on a pedestal. We're just happy he is going to be president for the next four years! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I agree........Thank God!!.......... :12224

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Image ................................... :12224

Bryce
Freshman Team

Post by Bryce »

toast wrote:I don't know even one Democrat that puts President Obama on a pedestal.
You must not do very much reading on here, read much in the world of news or see material that is put out by the democrats or you would not have made that comment. The democrats on here have him risen higher than any human being should be. It is ridiculous.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

abuck76 wrote:Image ................................... :12224
God will have the last laugh

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

No Bryce we have not...You cons are blinded by your hatred.........You cons have put him so high...You cons have put him up on the pedestal.........We progressives simply know he is the man to do what is needed to be done........Nothing more nothing less............It is cons on here that have put him in the same category as Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and have called him the Anti-Christ!!!.........You, the cons on here have elevated him to diety status.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...............We progressives just call, Mr. PRESIDENT............And tuck, he always does, but he may not be laughing with you, but at you.............. :12224

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The poor foolish Cons. Chokes to see Obama as Prez again. Real pain I'm told. The reality is another D waits in the wings to grab the WH again over the worthless Rs. Crying in your beer is here to stay for quite awhile. :lol:

Bryce
Freshman Team

Post by Bryce »

What do you mean by "you cons". Apparently you do not read much on here either or you would have seen MANY times that I am not a Con. Never was. I have been a Democrat for over 40 years and was always proud to say so until the 2008 election. Did I vote for Obama then or in 2012? No. These have been the ONLY two elections where I needed to smarten up and vote against a Democratic Presidential Nominee. I could tell from the first time Obama was elected as a Senator, that he was going to bad news. And he has proven me right in every turn. But you and others are blinded what he what he has promised.

And by putting him in the same category as Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and the Anti-Christ.....well that definitely does not put on a pedestal. It puts him under a barrel where he belongs.

You can have YOUR president. He is not mine and never will be. Anyone that wants to call this guy a "President" is a fool among men.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

You have elevated him , not us......And I did call you a republican......I called you a con........You do know there is a difference?.......I called myself and like thinkers , prodressives, not democrats..............You also know there is a difference..............To deny that cons have demonized OUR President to Anti-Christ status is simply being disingenuous......... :12224

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

abuck76 wrote:You have elevated him , not us......And I did call you a republican......I called you a con........You do know there is a difference?.......I called myself and like thinkers , prodressives, not democrats..............You also know there is a difference..............To deny that cons have demonized OUR President to Anti-Christ status is simply being disingenuous......... :12224

You all have deified Obama since day 1. Its pretty sad really. Of course we shouldnt expect less from your ilk.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

tigercannon71 wrote:
abuck76 wrote:You have elevated him , not us......And I did call you a republican......I called you a con........You do know there is a difference?.......I called myself and like thinkers , prodressives, not democrats..............You also know there is a difference..............To deny that cons have demonized OUR President to Anti-Christ status is simply being disingenuous......... :12224

You all have deified Obama since day 1. Its pretty sad really. Of course we shouldnt expect less from your ilk.

See if you can find one post from any of us who support our president were we have did just that. I can't recall anyone on here ever making the statement that he is akin to Jesus other than Kantucky saying that we do.

Return to “The Off season”