Eating at home or eat out

General Chat
The Oaf
SEO

Re: Eating at home or eat out

Post by The Oaf »

Paladin wrote:The wife hates to cook now so we split about 50% eating in & out. However, we often bring home half the meal. so I get some fine leftovers to warm up. When she cooked seriously, she was a great cook. Now, with lots of excellent restaurants in the area, I love to eat out and have outstanding leftovers to warm up.
Being an old "leftover" yourself!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Rather eat at home---All the good places around here cost too much

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

Prefer to eat at home......

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Nothing wrong with a pizza out, fast food ( Wendys & Taco Bell for me) or some ice cream ( Dairy Queen), but if $$$$$$$$$$$ isn't a problem, there are some fine restaurants up here--

Alberini's
Cafe 422
Vernon's Cafe
Leo's
The Chop House
Sunrise Inn ( its in the "family")

And when The wife says I'm not cooking tonite.............................. :lol:

http://alberinis.com/

http://www.cafe422.com/

http://www.thechophouse.us/

http://www.vernonscafe.com/

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

C-Bolt wrote:What ya mean I'm not rich either,I try to stay away from them places that you have to tip,I may go and splurge 2 or 3 times a month but most of my time is hanging out at the cheaper fast food joints or making stuff at home.I'll check back with ya in about a month and tell you how things are going,but if I don't that means obama done took all my money and I can't even afford Internet :lol:
Oh, I thought you were poking at me for being tight with tips. I DO tip when I go out, between 15 and 20%. Usually 15%, i just don't get why we're supposed to do 20% now. They say for the cost of living but darned, our meals increased in price so didn't our tip, based on a % of our bill, go up already? I read where one person in an online article suggested 25%, I promise you, I'll stay at home then. :122246

Ever notice too that some people seem to think that they just should get a tip, no matter how badly they treat you? I know what I want out of a waiter. I want them to make sure our drinks are filled, not enter themselves into our conversations and not pester us to death.

Last time I went to Texas Road House I was so flustered I haven't been back for over 6 months. First, our waitress ask us how our food was at least 5 times, then, two managers came by and ask us...then, there had to have been a 'BIRTHDAY CONVENTION' around us. Every two minutes here they came..clap clap clapping. Now, here's the thing. We were eating out with friends who don't live around here now. They were only going to be in town a day and we were wanting to enjoy an evening with them..not reassure neurotic waitresses and managers that their food was ok...and they just walk up and start talking right when you're in the middle of a conservation. That drives us nuts. For now, I'm done with that place!

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

I've noticed a lot of the joints already figure in the gratuity as part of the bill. Have you noticed this where you dine? My standard for tipping is based solely on how long my beverage stays empty. The longer I wait the less the tip. The waiter/waitress are forewarned.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

There's times I understand the 'gratuity' being figured into the bill. A large party or...especially when a bunch of kids come in from a prom or something. I watched a poor girl there one evening at Applebees cleaning up several tables they'd bunched together. You couldn't see the table for the plates glasses etc etc and she'd waited on them for a long time. They never left her a single dime! HOWEVER, in that situation, I think the restaurant should have given her 15% of the bill. I mean, they did sell the food but they probably didn't.

I agree, I DO NOT like a tip added on just for nothing. That's flat out wrong in my opinion. I want my food brought to me..little interrupting conversation and my cokes or water refilled. I mean, that's what the full service restaurant is offering, pampering isn't it?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I agree tuck I have no part of that 25% percent crap! 15 is usually what I do but maybe a little more if the service is good and the waitress is really hot LOL,,speaking of Texas Roadhouse last time I went there we saw moths flying all over the place and figured they was either in the food or the peanuts,kinda turned me off from going there again especially at their prices. F-4 my brother in law told me about a place they went to over in western ohio and he said they charged him a 12 dollar tip right on the bill for just 2 people and they didn't get that much,he was so mad he had it out with the manager and told him he would pay for the food only and that's what he did, then he paid the waitress a more reasonable tip and left

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

I understand gratuity being figured in for large parties too. These type groups take up the half the shift for most of the workers. But, I shouldn't have to pay for subpar service. I've found when the waiter/waitress knows the criteria for being rewarded for service rendered they do a fine job. Those folks have a tough job, and I respect what they do, but they know up front if they take care of the beverage glass they'll be taken care of when I leave. They don't control the cooks, so I tend to cut them a break when it comes to the timeliness of the meal.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

C-Bolt wrote:I agree tuck I have no part of that 25% percent crap! 15 is usually what I do but maybe a little more if the service is good and the waitress is really hot LOL,,speaking of Texas Roadhouse last time I went there we saw moths flying all over the place and figured they was either in the food or the peanuts,kinda turned me off from going there again especially at their prices. F-4 my brother in law told me about a place they went to over in western ohio and he said they charged him a 12 dollar tip right on the bill for just 2 people and they didn't get that much,he was so mad he had it out with the manager and told him he would pay for the food only and that's what he did, then he paid the waitress a more reasonable tip and left
That is the way to do it

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

either one.......both good and money is not a problem......

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

home

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

If I'm craving something I like but can't cook, chicken liver and chicken n dumplings, I'm off to Cracker Barrel!

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

home

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:If I'm craving something I like but can't cook, chicken liver and chicken n dumplings, I'm off to Cracker Barrel!
Cracker Barrel ---wish we had one here

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Heard there is a new place in Straitsville----will have to check it out

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

eat out tonite............

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Tried the new place in New Straitsville this morning and wasn't too bad

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Cocos...Chicken Curry

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Out it looks like, junk food drive thru.

Return to “The Off season”