Intrade, other betting sites predict Obama victory

General Chat
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Intrade, other betting sites predict Obama victory

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Online betting/trading sites have the odds in favor of President Obama winning re-election. It's pretty neat how they work. The "trading price" is the % chance that person has of winning nationally, as well as a state-by-state count. For Ohio, Intrade has a 67% chance of an Obama victory and a 30% chance of a Romney victory as of the time I am typing this message. The D's also have a 71.4% chance of retaining control of the US Senate.

http://www.intrade.com/?request_operati ... ePage=true

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Intrade, other betting sites predict Obama victory

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This one shows the odds for Obama 2/5 and Romney 2/1.

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb ... ction.html

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Updated Intrade stats now give Obama a 68.9% chance of winning Ohio and Romney a 30.0% chance of winning Ohio............ all you high rolling teabaggers should put your money where your mouth is and make some serious cash if you think Romney is actually going to win this thing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.intrade.com/?request_operati ... ePage=true

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

So if I buy or invest 300.00 bucks worth of Romney winning Ohio , and he does , how much profit would be made ? -- what size slice of the pie does Intrade take ? they have to make some cash somewhere along the way .... and yes I'm serious I'll take some of that action.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

ManitouDan wrote:So if I buy or invest 300.00 bucks worth of Romney winning Ohio , and he does , how much profit would be made ? -- what size slice of the pie does Intrade take ? they have to make some cash somewhere along the way .... and yes I'm serious I'll take some of that action.
I'd bet through an online sports book.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Odds of Obama winning Ohio are up to 71.2% today............better place the Romney bets, you will make a killing!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.intrade.com/v4/home/

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

As Deep Throat said..."Follow the money."

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

More money to be made on Romney now on William Hill:

Odds now are Obama 1/4 and Romney 3/1. Still haven't heard if anyone has put their money where their mouth is! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb ... ction.html

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I have to admit. At times, I almost hope that Obama does win. Because the laugh will be such a darn good one LOL The only thing that keeps me from absolutely hoping he wins is the fact that for one, all the people I love live here in this country and two, I do too.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

KII, we are coming out of the most difficult financial recession we have had since the Great Depression. That recession is the result of the anything-goes policies of the Bush administration. Now we can debate that comment but I'm willing to stake my future on the fact that the economy will accelerate coming out of that malaise in the next few years. It is just taking time to work off the excesses of that period. What you are trying to live down is what what Dick Cheney put into action, that "deficits don't matter." That was the Reagan philosophy. Trickle down doesn't work. If Obama is re-elected as I think he will be and the economy recovers as I think it will in the next few years, will you give credit where credit is due?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

As far as I can tell, no one on here who is insisting Romney will win on Tuesday has made any monetary bet on this. I wonder why? They would make a FORTUNE!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I would but dont like giving my financial info to a web site I'm not 100% familiar with --- give me the same odds and I'll place 300.00 bucks on Romney with you directly. you game ?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

ManitouDan wrote:I would but dont like giving my financial info to a web site I'm not 100% familiar with --- give me the same odds and I'll place 300.00 bucks on Romney with you directly. you game ?

I don't gamble. I'm too conservative for gambling. I also wouldn't even do your 1 year self-imposed SEOPS ban bet from the other forum. I don't want your money and I don't want you to leave SEOPS. Just having all the teabaggers on here around and whining about Obama winning 4 more years is all the winnings I need! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

in other words you are not that confident or you would hold that hand out and take my money.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

ManitouDan wrote:in other words you are not that confident or you would hold that hand out and take my money.

I'm 100% confident. In fact, I already have a running list of topics I will start on threads come Wednesday. Such a long list.........it should get me through Christmas anyways! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Going to be a banner night for the Ds. In addition to Obama, most are now projecting that the Ds with end up with more Senate seats and gain in the House, even though they have more seats to defend. In Ohio, Senator Sherrod Brwon is trouncing R Josh Mandel . And in a major upset, in Indiana for Richard Lugar's R seat in the Senate, R pollster Christine Mathews is calling the race over as D Joe Connelly will upset R Richard Mourdock ( he of" god intended for the rape to happen" ) 47-36. "Its all over but the crying" she says ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Off season”