Obama Has Al-Qaida On The Run

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Obama Has Al-Qaida On The Run

Post by kantuckyII »

I believe this is never going to go away. It was a colossal cluster by Obama in this administration. And I do believe that it will continue to come out there is a terrible cover up
John Bolton: ‘Al-Qaida is on the run — Running right into our consulates, apparently’

Former United Nations Ambassador and senior Mitt Romney campaign surrogate John Bolton ripped into President Barack Obama’s foreign policy at the National Museum for American Jewish History in Philadelphia on Tuesday.

Bolton told the auditorium, packed with approximately 200 attendees, that Obama has adopted a submissive “Mother, may I?” approach to diplomacy, in the vain hope that other nations will return the favor.

“The tragedy of the Arab Spring is, in part, our government didn’t understand what was at work there,” Bolton said. “And we saw the tragedy play out in the most tragic way in Benghazi.”

Attempts by the White House to deflect blame for the lack of security at the Benghazi embassy prior to the Sept. 11, 2012 murder of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens were irresponsible, Bolton said.

“When [Ronald Reagan appointee] Jim Baker or [George W. Bush appointee] Colin Powell was secretary of state, you don’t think they would pay attention to where their people were most at risk?”

While Bolton, now a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, said it was possible the White House had deliberately hidden facts related to the attack to protect its image, he said it was more likely that the Obama administration is so misguided that it genuinely believed its narrative.

“Al-Qaida’s on the run,” Bolton said. “Running right into our consulates, apparently.”

Bolton’s also said Obama’s hot-mic promise to Russian President Dmitri Medvedev in March 2012 that he would have more flexibility to deal with Russian requests after the November election had provided moral support to America’s enemies.

“That’s the first time I’ve ever seen an American president negotiate not for his country, but for himself. When the Russians are blue in the Kremlin, when the Taliban are feeling down in their caves, they play that tape back.”

Follow Gregg on Twitter

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/24/bolto ... z2AE7fqCYd

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: Obama Has Al-Qaida On The Run

Post by dazed&confused »

Care to read the President's Intelligence briefing in August 2001-

It was perhaps the most famous presidential briefing in history.

On Aug. 6, 2001, President George W. Bush received a classified review of the threats posed by Osama bin Laden and his terrorist network, Al Qaeda. That morning’s “presidential daily brief” — the top-secret document prepared by America’s intelligence agencies — featured the now-infamous heading: “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.” A few weeks later, on 9/11, Al Qaeda accomplished that goal.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Osama bin Laden is the "prime suspect" in last Tuesday's terrorist attacks in New York and Washington and the United States wants to capture him "dead or alive," President Bush said Monday.

Speaking with reporters after a Pentagon briefing on plans to call up reserve troops, Bush offered some of his most blunt language to date when he was asked if he wanted bin Laden dead.

"I want justice," Bush said. "And there's an old poster out West I recall, that said, 'Wanted, Dead or Alive.'"

In April 2011, President Obama ordered a covert operation to kill or capture bin Laden. On May 2, 2011, the White House announced that U.S. Navy SEALs had carried it out, killing him in his Abbottabad compound in Pakistan.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Hank Crumpton, a former CIA officer and top counterterrorism official, said in a recent interview that President Bill Clinton's White House missed a golden opportunity to take out terrorist leader Osama bin Laden in 1999.

Bin Laden was in Afghanistan in 1999, Crumpton told CBS's "60 Minutes" in a segment that aired on Sunday. His convoy had been clearly identified by an early edition Predator drone, which at the time didn't have weapons capabilities.

"We saw a security detail, a convoy, and we saw bin Laden exit the vehicle, clearly," Crumpton told CBS's Lara Logan, describing aerial images captured by a drone flying somewhere outside of Kandahar. "The optics were spot in, it was beaming back to us, CIA headquarters. We immediately alerted the White House, and the Clinton administration’s response was, ‘Well, it will take several hours for the TLAMs, the cruise missiles launched from submarines, to reach that objective. So, you need to tell us where bin Laden will be five or six hours from now.' The frustration was enormous."

The administration also denied the CIA's request to engage their on-ground forces, Crumpton said, which could have acted more quickly. The missed opportunity led the CIA to speed the process of arming the unmanned drones with Hellfire missiles, so that they could act more swiftly if they found bin Laden again. U.S. forces have since come to rely heavily on unmanned aerial vehicles to carry out strikes on targets in hostile territory, much to the disapproval of some human rights groups.

Clinton has been criticized for a supposed failure to seize opportunities to kill bin Laden on multiple occasions. A 9/11 commission report, which brought the original release of the drone footage that Crumpton is referring to, led to accusations from Clinton's opponents that he had neglected to act despite a wealth of convincing intelligence.

Crumpton's interview comes as his book, "The Art of Intelligence: Lessons from a Life in the CIA's Clandestine Service," hits the bookshelves. It focuses on the CIA's response to 9/11 and the rapid implementation of covert operations on the ground in Afghanistan. Read advance excerpts at the Daily Beast.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

This just in from Reuters!!! Huge coverup coming to light!!!! Choice might be vote Obama out now or let him resign later which wii rip this country to shreds
. White House told of militant claim two hours after Libya attack: emails

By Mark Hosenball

WASHINGTON | Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:11pm EDT

(Reuters) - Officials at the White House and State Department were advised two hours after attackers assaulted the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11 that an Islamic militant group had claimed credit for the attack, official emails show.

The emails, obtained by Reuters from government sources not connected with U.S. spy agencies or the State Department and who requested anonymity, specifically mention that the Libyan group called Ansar al-Sharia had asserted responsibility for the attacks.

The brief emails also show how U.S. diplomats described the attack, even as it was still under way, to Washington.

U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the Benghazi assault, which President Barack Obama and other U.S. officials ultimately acknowledged was a "terrorist" attack carried out by militants with suspected links to al Qaeda affiliates or sympathizers.

Administration spokesmen, including White House spokesman Jay Carney, citing an unclassified assessment prepared by the CIA, maintained for days that the attacks likely were a spontaneous protest against an anti-Muslim film.

While officials did mention the possible involvement of "extremists," they did not lay blame on any specific militant groups or possible links to al Qaeda or its affiliates until intelligence officials publicly alleged that on September 28.

There were indications that extremists with possible al Qaeda connections were involved, but also evidence that the attacks could have erupted spontaneously, they said, adding that government experts wanted to be cautious about pointing fingers prematurely.

U.S. intelligence officials have emphasized since shortly after the attack that early intelligence reporting about the attack was mixed.

Spokesmen for the White House and State Department had no immediate response to requests for comments on the emails.

MISSIVES FROM LIBYA

The records obtained by Reuters consist of three emails dispatched by the State Department's Operations Center to multiple government offices, including addresses at the White House, Pentagon, intelligence community and FBI, on the afternoon of September 11.

The first email, timed at 4:05 p.m. Washington time - or 10:05 p.m. Benghazi time, 20-30 minutes after the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission allegedly began - carried the subject line "U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack" and the notation "SBU", meaning "Sensitive But Unclassified."

The text said the State Department's regional security office had reported that the diplomatic mission in Benghazi was "under attack. Embassy in Tripoli reports approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well."

The message continued: "Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four ... personnel are in the compound safe haven. The 17th of February militia is providing security support."

A second email, headed "Update 1: U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi" and timed 4:54 p.m. Washington time, said that the Embassy in Tripoli had reported that "the firing at the U.S. Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi had stopped and the compound had been cleared." It said a "response team" was at the site attempting to locate missing personnel.

A third email, also marked SBU and sent at 6:07 p.m. Washington time, carried the subject line: "Update 2: Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack."

The message reported: "Embassy Tripoli reports the group claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli."

While some information identifying recipients of this message was redacted from copies of the messages obtained by Reuters, a government source said that one of the addresses to which the message was sent was the White House Situation Room, the president's secure command post.

Other addressees included intelligence and military units as well as one used by the FBI command center, the source said.

It was not known what other messages were received by agencies in Washington from Libya that day about who might have been behind the attacks.

Intelligence experts caution that initial reports from the scene of any attack or disaster are often inaccurate.

By the morning of September 12, the day after the Benghazi attack, Reuters reported that there were indications that members of both Ansar al-Sharia, a militia based in the Benghazi area, and al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, the North African affiliate of al Qaeda's faltering central command, may have been involved in organizing the attacks.

One U.S. intelligence official said that during the first classified briefing about Benghazi given to members of Congress, officials "carefully laid out the full range of sparsely available information, relying on the best analysis available at the time."

The official added, however, that the initial analysis of the attack that was presented to legislators was mixed.

"Briefers said extremists were involved in attacks that appeared spontaneous, there may have been a variety of motivating factors, and possible links to groups such as (al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and Ansar al-Sharia) were being looked at closely," the official said.

(Additional reporting by Susan Cornwell; Editing by Mary Milliken and Jim Loney)

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Bush administration- terrorists attack US, Al Qaeda based in Afganistan. We invade Iraq because of "weapons of mass destruction."

Obama administration- no successful terrorist attacks on US soil. We leave Iraq, winding down war in Afganistan, Bin Laden dead, Khadaffi dead.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Look feller, Bush is not president now and neither is Bill Clinton, Barack Obama is. We are dealing with his failures which seem to equal his predecessors all put together

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Get under your skin?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

No I'm just little frustrated. I guess I should've taken some classes years ago on trying to help people who challenged like yourself understand.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

OK, I'll leave it there. You have a vote and so do I. That's what makes America great!

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

kantuckyII wrote:No I'm just little frustrated. I guess I should've taken some classes years ago on trying to help people who challenged like yourself understand.
Help people who challenged......that makes no sense sir.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:No I'm just little frustrated. I guess I should've taken some classes years ago on trying to help people who challenged like yourself understand.
It's OK. I think he meant I'm mentally challenged and we know that is PC for another word. I've been called worse.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

dazed&confused wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:
It's OK. I think he meant I'm mentally challenged and we know that is PC for another word. I've been called worse.
Wow, is that the pot calling the kettle black, or what?? lol

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

It is perfectly all right to compare presidents............Dazed stated some obvious things...........Obama has kept us safe.........No terrorist attacks here...........killing Al-Queda everywhere..........Bush wished he could have a record like Obama's....... :12224

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Hedge had them on the run right toward us

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Excuse the typos I've been and still am outta town and its hard to type on phone as its hard to see it.

Anyway, whatever if any shortcomings Bush and Clinton had, it does not excuse Obama's. as far as terrorism threats to the continental US, Obama has enjoyed the safeguards Bush put in place, I still wonder though of Obama should have closed Gitmo but he did promise it after all when he ran the first time

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

kantuckyII wrote:Excuse the typos I've been and still am outta town and its hard to type on phone as its hard to see it.

Anyway, whatever if any shortcomings Bush and Clinton had, it does not excuse Obama's. as far as terrorism threats to the continental US, Obama has enjoyed the safeguards Bush put in place, I still wonder though of Obama should have closed Gitmo but he did promise it after all when he ran the first time
Wonder why the Hedge put the safeguards in place------HE SLEEPING ON THE JOB----Did you hear that?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

They came in the country and trained under Clinton and..after seein this mess by your demigod Obama in Libya, there's probably another cell in this country getting ready to pounce at any minute

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

kantuckyII wrote:Excuse the typos I've been and still am outta town and its hard to type on phone as its hard to see it.

I'm surprised someone with an extreme intellectual capacity can make a typo.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

...and I'm surprised you've not entered a trade school

Return to “The Off season”