US Soccer Team Booed - IN AMERICA!

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

US Soccer Team Booed - IN AMERICA!

Post by kantuckyII »

This is incredible! However, some of the sentiment shows why there shouldn't be anyone but natural born citizens be our president and..well, what do I think about that last guy's remarks? He should put his BUTT where his heart is! Get the heck back on across the border bucko!

U.S. soccer team booed in their own country as Mexican fans turn LA into an 'away' gameMajority of 93,000 fans supported Mexico
U.S. goalie Tim Howard swears after trophy ceremony in Spanish

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 10:40 PM on 26th June 2011
Despite being the 'home' side in California's Rose Bowl stadium, the majority of fans - most of them American born of naturalized Mexicans - booed and jeered the U.S. team.

The surprising scenes were followed by angry outbursts from U.S. team goalkeeper Tim Howard, who was visibly shaken after the entire post match ceremony was conducted in Spanish.

Speaking after the game, Howard said: '[tournament organisers] CONCACAF should be ashamed of themselves.

'You can bet your ass that if we were in Mexico City, it wouldn't be all in English''I think it was a [expletive] disgrace that the entire post match ceremony was in Spanish.'

You can bet your ass that if we were in Mexico City, it wouldn't be all in English.
'It never ceases to amaze me all that stuff.'
Tempering his comments, the ex-Manchester United keeper added: 'It was a good crowd today.
'They were up for it, doing the wave, it was what we expected. We know it's going to be like this.'

Speaking to the LA Times, Mexican supporter Victor Sanchez said: 'I love this country, it has given me everything that I have, and I'm proud to be part of it.'
The 37-year-old Monrovia resident reflected the sentiment of most of the 93,000 strong crowd when he added: 'But yet, I didn't have a choice to come here, I was born in Mexico, and that is where my heart will always be.
'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1QRTcQlMn

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: US Soccer Team Booed - IN AMERICA!

Post by kantuckyII »

I cannot believe this hasn't gotten any comments since I posted this. It should make people's blood boil, especially when it's been wedged between Memorial Day and The Fourth Of July!

Mexico isn't a race, Mexico is a foreign country, despite what our left leaning representives would have us believe. We had better get to protecting this country or we're going to lose this country...and I'm talking about Americans...whether they be red, yellow, black or white. Mexicans who live in Mexico should be proud and loyal to their country but if they move here, and want to be called American's...they should love and be proud of America, land of the brave, home of the free!

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

Honestly, consider that most Americans don't particularly care about soccer. This is roughly akin to being upset that immigrants are speaking foreign languages in their homes. When Mexicans take over the Super Bowl, look for a reaction.

Oh, and the US National team played like crap, did stupid things, and deserved to be booed. Not because of their nationality, but because of their lack of effort, focus, and concentration.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

wildthingRV wrote:Honestly, consider that most Americans don't particularly care about soccer. This is roughly akin to being upset that immigrants are speaking foreign languages in their homes. When Mexicans take over the Super Bowl, look for a reaction.

Oh, and the US National team played like crap, did stupid things, and deserved to be booed. Not because of their nationality, but because of their lack of effort, focus, and concentration.
My sentiments exactly.......nothing else needed.........

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

You all know that I attend a lot of the MLS Columbus Crew games because my Granddaughter is a Crewzer. Every time a player is subbed in, the announcement is given in English, then again in Spanish. Same thing when a goal is scored. A large amount of the Nordecke fan club are Mexican. They cheer for the Crew and boo EVERY team that the Crew plays. :122245 And you are right the USA team played horribly, I might even have booed them had I been there. :lol:

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

An American team booed in America? This isnt the first time. LOL. I once heard people booing an Ironton Fighting Tiger team that was 12-0 because they were losing at some point in a game. The reason the game turned into an away game is because not many care about the sport here. Many play the sport but it isnt a big spectator sport here. I am not suprised that Mexico had more fans.

I have two daughters that are not natural born citizens of the USA, but they are both All American. They are also US citizens. I thank God that we were allowed to adopt them and not all Americans are racist pigs.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=5369145
A Spanish Version of 'The Star-Spangled Banner'

Lyrics to 'Nuestro Himno' ('Our Anthem')
Verso 1

Amanece, lo veis?, a la luz de la aurora?

lo que tanto aclamamos la noche al caer?

sus estrellas sus franjas

flotaban ayer

en el fiero combate

en señal de victoria,

fulgor de lucha, al paso de la libertad.

Por la noche decían:

"Se va defendiendo!"

Coro

Oh decid! Despliega aún

Su hermosura estrellada

sobre tierra de libres,

la bandera sagrada?

Verso 2

Sus estrellas, sus franjas,

la libertad, somos iguales.

Somos hermanos. Es nuestro himno.

En el fiero combate en señal de victoria,

Fulgor de lucha

(Mi gente sigue luchando)

al paso de la libertad

(Ya es tiempo de romper las cadenas.)

Por la noche decían: "!Se va defendiendo!"

Oh decid! Despliega aún su hermosura estrellada

sobre tierra de libres,

la bandera sagrada?

English translation:

Verse 1

It's sunrise. Do you see by the light of the dawn

What we proudly hailed last nightfall?

Its stars, its stripes

yesterday streamed

above fierce combat

a symbol of victory

the glory of battle, the march toward liberty.

Throughout the night, they proclaimed: "We will defend it!"

Chorus

Tell me! Does its starry beauty still wave

above the land of the free,

the sacred flag?

Verse 2

Its stars, its stripes,

Liberty, we are the same.

We are brothers in our anthem.

In fierce combat, a symbol of victory

the glory of battle,

(My people fight on)

the march toward liberty.

(The time has come to break the chains.)

Throughout the night they proclaimed: "We will defend it!"

Tell me! Does its starry beauty still wave

above the land of the free,

the sacred flag?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Thought people would get a kick out of the spanish version of the Star Spangled Banner. :122245

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

So an American team was booed on their home soil. It isn't the first time it's happened and I'm sure it won't be the last. But you had to turn it into a political thread and another jab at Obama, didn't you. You are a real piece of work.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I was just wondering myself what the heck a soccer game and our Natural American born President had to do with each other

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I once saw two tiger clan officers laughing at ironton when their QB was intercepted. I wanted to vomit!

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

kantuckyII wrote:I once saw two tiger clan officers laughing at ironton when their QB was intercepted. I wanted to vomit!
If you are going to call them out.........who are they..........?????

Dont be bashful........just takes a little guts to call em out...........!!!!!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

They know who they are

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

If you are talking about who I think you are I doubt they were laughing about an interception. Both of those guys love their Tigers. They were probably laughing at you ;-)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Yeah, who u talking about?

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

There have been some fine and dedicated men serve in the Ironton Tiger Clan over the past 40+ years. Many kids have been helped by these dedicated men over those years.

I for one, can only defend myself. I will be totally honest and say that the only time I ever laughed at an Ironton football game is when one of the coaches stopped really quick and that guy with the website and the camera ran straight up their hind end.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

:lol: ever feel guilty feel what u say?

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

kantuckyII wrote::lol: ever feel guilty feel what u say?
Que'?

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I have to wonder since I am one of the 4 Tiger Clan officers,I gotta know you blaming me?
To answer correctly would mean the truth,the other slander.
And to slander me might get you something you dont want.
Come on Kantucky,tell us who "done" this.You might be walking on some thin ice though. :roll: :roll:

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Dinocrocetti wrote:
Que'?
That ???

Return to “The Off season”