Being Built in Burg

General Chat
WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Being Built in Burg

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

What is being built across from McDonald's in the Burg?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Being Built in Burg

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Not sure, but it wouldn't surpirse me if it's another restaurant or fast food joint. If you have cash the one thing you can't do in the Burg is go hungry. lol

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

No,Take away SSU,SOMC and your nice high school and it would implode.That's the three things Portsmouth has going for it now...

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Hear now that it's another Auto Parts store. Need another one of them in Burg about as much as another eating joint. Why don't a nice restaurant that serves American food come to The Burg. What ever happened to Pop's that was to built some where up around Krogers?

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Too bad the ruling board in the Burg wont vote the Burg WET........Hard to attract anything that doesnt provide a menu for the entire population.....or at least give them a choice........I am sure Applebee's in New Boston would vote NO on the Burg going WET.......JMHO

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

O"reileys auto parts

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Why would anyone in their right mind put in another Auto Parts in right next to an AutoZone? Plus we already have Bahners and Halls Auto Parts which are both established businesses that have customers that have used them for many, many years and are loyal to them.

I wonder if it will end up like the building that went in across from Bahners that was supposed to be an Upholstery Shop and is now an empty building with a For Lease sign on it.

As for the new Pops, the last I heard Jeff Brown who owns Browns Services was supposed to have bought the original sign and was going to open a new Pops up by where his Browns Services offices are across from Krogers. I don't know what ever happened to that idea.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

It's not uncommon for O'Reiley's to do this. They do it most everywhere. They will even put in a new store between 2 existing auto parts stores if there is land available. They did it here in South Zanesville between Auto Zone and Advanced Auto, and are doing a great business there.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Runner wrote:It's not uncommon for O'Reiley's to do this. They do it most everywhere. They will even put in a new store between 2 existing auto parts stores if there is land available. They did it here in South Zanesville between Auto Zone and Advanced Auto, and are doing a great business there.

Are they cheaper and with better service? At Auto Zone every time I buy something there they offer to put it on or install it for for free. I worked in service stations for years back in the 70's and 80's and know my way around a vehicle, but if someone offers to install it for me for free and I don't have to get dirty then more power to them. Do they do things like that?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

They will run auto zone out of town fast....

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

The one here is not quite as cheap as Auto Zone or Advanced. But they are withing a few dollars on most parts. But the quality of their parts are better than either of the other two and very comparable in quality with parts from Napa. Many garages in this area are now using them when they get parts.

Auto Zone and Advanced has lost a little of the business from garages, but not much. Napa is the big loser here locally.

Return to “The Off season”