S

Re: Just stupid.

Post by Boonedawg »

hehehehe, that vid is a classic.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

if you have ever spent any time in Ashville,NC you would know that Vid ' accurately describes at least a 1/3 of the population--one of the wierdest, hippi-est cities on the planet. We were served dinner in a vegetarian rest' by a waitress in dred's that stunk so bad I left nauseated. MD

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Who speaks for the Trees?

The Lorax: Yes, I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please. But I'm also in charge of the brown Bar-ba-loots, who played in the shade in their Bar-ba-loot suits and happily lived eating truffula fruits. Now, thanks to your hacking my trees to the ground, there's not enough truffula fruit to go 'round!

The Once-ler: Now, you listen to me, Pop, while I blow my top! Trees? Ha! You speak for the trees? Well I speak for men, and human opportunities! For your information, you Lorax, I'm figgering on biggering and biggering, and biggering, and BIGGERING, turning MORE truffula trees into thneeds! Which everyone, everyone, EVERYONE NEEDS!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Did Horton just hear a Who??? :mrgreen:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Every time I see this video, I always think of this Bible Verse, instantly. It just flashes in my mind: "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen." - Romans 1:25. Creature means, creation here. Whether it's Wickhams, Egyptians worshipping their gods, Aztecs slaughtering humans to offer to their gods of nature or misguided messed up kids shouting out to trees that hear not, nor feel, it's all the same, sad.

I would love to see some old growth forest around here too but I don't think they feel or hear or anything else. I don't think talking to the trees helps any :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I could see them crying if someone had chopped down all their pot, but it's just a tree for crying out loud. :mrgreen:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Speaking of which..I remember being a boy growing up in Ironton, back when there were real wineos, I remember seeing one in front of our house drop and break his pint. I remember being stunned watching a grown man..sit down on the ground and bawl like a little kid over that bottle. It was amazing to see that..left an impression on me for almost 50 years now

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Tucky that was a bottle of Makers Mark...tears were in order. :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Hmmmmm actually, I think it was probably either a bottle of Thunderbird or Mad Dog :122249 . There were tons of winos back in my days of my youth who walked around the neighborhood as their was a bar close and two carry outs a block away. The river bank was only a few blocks and many of them slept there. You just don't see winos like you used to...sigh..

I also remember one who used to walk on our street...always trashed! one day we heard a tractor trailer locking up his brakes and people went running. There was that wino laying in the middle of 3rd Street on the corner of 3rd and Walnut, his head was busted wide open as he had walked out in front of a semi which knocked him about 100'. The guy was dead, first time I saw a dead person like that. I was like maybe 7 or so

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

"I care about trees and old growth forests"

Reasonable statement for a variety of reasons.

"I want the trees to know that I care about trees and old growth forests"

Lunacy. Everyone knows trees are deaf and can only be communicated with through interpretive dance. :lol:

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Spock could talk to trees thru the Vulcan Mind Meld. I tried it once, but it just made the squirrels nervous. :122247

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

rockyraccoon wrote:Spock could talk to trees thru the Vulcan Mind Meld. I tried it once, but it just made the squirrels nervous. :122247
Maybe they thought you were going to mess with their nuts. :122246 :mrgreen:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

kantuckyII wrote:Speaking of which..I remember being a boy growing up in Ironton, back when there were real wineos, I remember seeing one in front of our house drop and break his pint. I remember being stunned watching a grown man..sit down on the ground and bawl like a little kid over that bottle. It was amazing to see that..left an impression on me for almost 50 years now
just curious Tuck, what is a real "wineo", could you define that one cause sometimes I think some of my friends are wineos and I dont want to mislabel them...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Do your friend's sleep on cardboard on the river bank? Do they drink their breakfast, lunch and dinner? Are they EVER sober? drunk when they wake, drunk when they go to sleep and in between? can they get drunk on a pint? Do they shake like a willow tree in a thunderstorm when they don't have anything to drink?

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

without trees being harvested they wouldn't have nice warm houses..paper to write on electricity to run their computers and charge their cameras its amazing what trees are used for...and it also puts food on my table :122249 hubby was doing a job a couple months back a tree hugger designer came in and was tell him how to do his job about what trees to cut...so my hubby politely explained to him that big ole hole meant it was rotten and in 6 months it would land on the beautiful landscaping he was preparing to design so it needed to go down now..the group he was cutting for not so politely told him to pack up his gear and go home... wonder if it fell yet??

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

kantuckyII wrote:Do your friend's sleep on cardboard on the river bank? Do they drink their breakfast, lunch and dinner? Are they EVER sober? drunk when they wake, drunk when they go to sleep and in between? can they get drunk on a pint? Do they shake like a willow tree in a thunderstorm when they don't have anything to drink?

No, but some of them do "live in a van down by the river". :mrgreen:

What he's getting at and what obviously went right over your head is it's "wino", not "wine-o".

There are no more wino's anymore. They are all Meth Heads, Crack Heads, and Pill Heads now.

Return to “The Off season”