Most Americans support Arizona immigration law

General Chat
toast
All State

Re: Most Americans support Arizona immigration law

Post by toast »

No I do not.

I understand the frustration and we surely need a comprehensive immigration policy. Let's hope we can a get a policy soon that is not driven by the extremes on the political spectrum.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

I support Arizona completely. I'm tired of all the political games that go on because somebody is afraid they'll lose votes from one group or another. They don't belong here unless they go through the proper channels.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

toast wrote:No I do not.

I understand the frustration and we surely need a comprehensive immigration policy. .

I believe we have had a comprehensive immigration policy for years. It just hasn't been enforced for years. I applaud the Arizona governor for finally taking a stance since the Fed government has been too chicken hearted to do it. .

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I love it.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

The same poll also found 57 percent of Americans favor giving illegal immigrants who are already in the country a chance to become legal, if they pay fines and meet other requirements. I'm optimistic things will proceed in that direction.

What part of our immigration policy is not being enforced Falcon? Those here illegally are fined, sent back and imprisoned every day depending on the circumstances. Most of those here illegally came legally on some type of temporary status. They just never left. Are you in favor of rounding up 21 million people, most of which are here to work?

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I support Arizona....I do not support the panzy running the justice department.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I'm 110% behind it all the way! It's a shame that my thread I started about the United States surrendering American territory was removed as well. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told the people in Ecuador during a TV interview there this week that they will be bring a law suit against Arizona for this. What a crying shame, they say American's should stay out of parts of the state in Arizona, they've cancelled the border fence and now they're going to sue Arizona! amazing!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I look for the Supreme Court to back Arizona on any law suit

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I never suggested the current law is being "adequately" enforced. It is being enforced but the whole situation is overwhelming. In 2004 alone 15.8 million people came here from other counties on temporary visas. Many simply don't leave when they are suppose to.

One way to control the problem would be to come down hard on employers who hire those here illegally. The vast majority are here to work, if the jobs dried up they would go home. Deporting them all isn't going to happen, it's not a viable solution. I prefer some type of amnesty. Amnesty can include fines or other consequences.

We need to secure the border and reform the entire immigration system. My fear is at least one side (maybe both) in this debate has no appetite to really try an hammer out some type of reform. They simply see this issue as a way to score political points. We'll see.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hard core but I think if they are caught and removed from this country and come back and are caught again Death should be the punishment.

This would make them thank twice about it.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Have you guys looked into the law? one thing it would do is stop picking up day laborers. You know this is where a lot of illegals benefit and citizens are kept from a job. The law only makes it a misdemeanor as well to be here illegally.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Hard core but I think if they are caught and removed from this country and come back and are caught again Death should be the punishment.

This would make them thank twice about it.

Wow, how do you really feel, come on, don't pull any punches, don't be bashful ;-)

Here you go Newarkcatholicfan

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

1st time deport back to where they came from...2nd time deport them to Antarctica.

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

This is a problem hat will not be fixed until those who benefit from cheap, almost slave like labor, are stopped. Stop the big businesses from partaking in this labor market and watch the number of illegals coming here to work decrease.

I do not blame anyone that comes here seeking to better their families, after all, a great deal of us would not be here if our forefathers hadn't done the same.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I'd be here..well a little over a quarter of me would. :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I thought one man who ran for office had a great plan for citizenship. He said, let them come in...under permit, let them live here for five years under that permit. If they don't break our laws and show themselves to be responsible citizens, then, they can gain their citizenship.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I would say the same thing in that there are those that have no intentions of compromising or actually working to find a solution. Some folks see this as a winning issue in the mid-terms. Pure politics indeed.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The ends justify the means ?

The point raised correctly was ducked by most here. Fine & jail businesses ( and businessmen) who hire illegals and the numbers will fall radically. No job, no benefits, no come here. Simple. But lets make it expensive ( and time consuming on police who won't have time for real crime) to hunt down the illegals & deport them and avoid stopping the people who promote this crap. Oh , and by the way, lets stop and confront REAL citizens here legally because they are Hispanic. This is another typical extreme kneejerk reaction to screwing up a problem further rather than dealing effectively with it. I wouldn't be so quick to declare this "law" will survive the courts. The "application " will kill it.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Most of those here illegally are here for one reasons.......jobs. They work long hours for little pay and often do the tough jobs that would otherwise go unfilled. The vast majority behave themselves.

I can't think of many groups that would be more deserving of amnesty. In the past amnesty has been granted to people in powerful positions within our country for committing cowardly acts. Surely these hard working people deserve as much.

Amnesty could be contingent of paying a fine and learning English, etc...... It doesn't mean a free pass. Once citizens they would be paying income taxes and supporting needed programs. It's a win, win situation.

Return to “The Off season”