Ohio AEP Electric Bills

General Chat
usahockey1980
Riding the Bench

Ohio AEP Electric Bills

Post by usahockey1980 »

My electric bill went up last month by 85 dollars. Is this just me or did everybody's electric bill go up? I am sure AEP will help out the economy in Ohio.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Re: Ohio AEP Electric Bills

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

my dad's went up about 80 mine went up in dec. it was 350 this Jan was 290

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

Our went up around 77 dollars this month...darn cold

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Mine went up 10 bucks!

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:my dad's went up about 80 mine went up in dec. it was 350 this Jan was 290

Jeez, you pay over $300 dollars for electricity? Wow. Do you have electric heat?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I went online and looked at last years bill and this years and noticed we are paying more per Kilowatts than last year, that is why everyone has higher bills.

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

My electric bill was 414 last month and we never turned the heat above 68 degrees.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Mine was $484 and I called and talked to a rep. There has been a 20% rate increase since last year, so that would be about $80 on this bill. Before this my highest bill ever was last February at $410.00. What you need to look at is your avg KWH used per day. The past two months have been a lot colder than normal, and when my useage was compared to last years February bill, the KWH used per day was about the same. There was also 34 day in between reads on this last bill, where it is usally only 28 - 30 days so that is 4 - 6 days more useage. Not much we can do but turn down the heat and turn down the hot water.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

I'm on the budget and pay the same price each month.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Mine was actually 25% less last month compared to the month before.

As for the rate increase for kilowatt hour used, this is old news. We were made aware of this in late 2008 (I had posted the links) that this was going to be a yearly increase until 2012. The first annual increase was January 2009.

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

gahs4ever wrote:What I hate is the estimated useage one month and then when the meter is read the next month you can get quite a bite in the hindparts!

If I do not see them out reading on the day they are scheduled, I go out and read the meter myself and then call to see if they actually read it or not. If they say it was a estimation, I give them my readings and it solves the "surprise" for the next month.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Wait if the 'Cap And Trade' bill goes through as proposed. It is estimated not too long ago that it will cost the average family in America an additional $1,761.00 to $3100.00 a year depending on who you're listening to. These figures have been juggled lately because of talk of supposed compromises that might be put in bills before they are voted on. Especially, seeing how we're so close to mid-terms and not many are willing to really stick it to the American public with stringent new taxes on energy.

What will be sad about the whole thing though is Americans will be paying much higher energy cost to combat 'global warming' (if there is such a thing) because of stringent new anti-pollution measures while countries like China will just continue to pollute in the same fashion that they are now while they continue to ship all kinds of junk to the US. And..we continue to buy it too :122247

Either way, you can figure your electric bill, gasoline and natural gas bills WILL be going up significantly

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

There have been a lot of estimation in the past few months due to weather conditions. AEP is still one of the cheapest at per KWH price. I think it is under 10 cents, but many areas are over 20 cents. I think New York might even be 25 cents per KWH.

Return to “The Off season”