Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Anyone Else Going?

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Anyone Else Going?

Post by kantuckyII »

I saw them in Charleston a few years back, then, the last time they were here, Ironton was playing the same night and I didn't get to go. This year, I was tickled that they were here on a Friday and Ironton was playing on a Saturday.

Anyway, great show, anyone else going? the ladies in the ticket booth told me the other day that they expected them to be sold out this year.

some video of their show: http://www.trans-siberian.com/multimedia/video.shtml

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Anyone Else Going?

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Nope

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Hmmmm I know you don't go out in civilization without someone dressed in uniforms

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I tell you, what an awesome show it was tonight! I really loved them a few years back but this show tonight was even far more greater than the first time I saw them. It was sold out from what I could see. They started a few minutes after 8, took no break and the show wasn't over to 10:50! The lighting was just awesome. If you have never seen them in person, you've cheated yourself

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

I personally have seen them 5 times!!! Every time the show has something different! Anyone who hasn't seen them must go!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

It was only my second but..I couldn't believe how much they'd added to the show from the first time. The 'ONLY' Complaint I could have had is..wow, almost a 3 hour set without a break? that's one long time to sit! Poor old guy had to get up and go twice...rofl!

usahockey1980
Riding the Bench

Post by usahockey1980 »

I like their music. Hopefully they will be back next year.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I want to go. Heard it was great.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

They're going to be in Columbus, I think, two shows around the 3rd of January. I'm thinking about going up there to see them again, I just enjoy it that much. I like odd music though

Here's their schedule, they'll be in Lexington as well on the 17th of December, that would be an awesome date, a week before Christmas!

Their tour schedule is brutal. I don't know how they hold up, especially doing the two a days!

http://www.trans-siberian.com/tour1/index.php

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

They actually have two groups. One year we were watching them here on the same night my nephew was watching them in Alabama. My husband loved them and we have seen their show several times. The light show is fantastic. Do they still make it snow during their performance?

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

They have an East Coast group and a West Coast group.

My wife, daughter and myself saw their very first concert in Cleveland. They played in the Palace Theater. I'm sure they never dreamed they would be as popular as they are!

We are going to see them tomorrow in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and then Cincinnati in December. Always a Christmas tradition for us.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

They did, infact, have the snow falling but..the show had changed a good bit since the first time I saw them. Very nice show...very good evening. Didn't know they had two groups...doesn't make a lot of sense though because, all the people on their website were there, including the moderator and the guy who sings, 'Prince Of Peace' who is from Dayton...maybe they have two websites?

Don't know if that one girl playing the violin was actually there playing or just for eye candy, couldn't figure that one out.. ;-)

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

when you see them live, they are great.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Yeah, for some reason, a recording of there's wouldn't be that appealing to me but..I LOVE strange music, unusual music especially

Return to “The Off season”