Relay For Life Fundraiser

General Chat
BUCK I
Freshman Team

Relay For Life Fundraiser

Post by BUCK I »

Lawrence co Relay For Life team Faithful Fighters will hold an "Open House Fundraiser" on Saturday, Feb 21st 11:00 am to 3:00 pm at First Tabernacle Church 10th and Spruce Street in Ironton.

We will have a rep from Tastefully Simple, http://www.tastefullysimple.com, with lots of products available to taste and our team receives a 50% of profit from all sales, plus the company will match in the form as a donation for Relay for Life. We done this last year and it was great and we made over 1000.00 for our team, and the products are great!

Mary Kay- will be available for display and orders with 40% going to our team.
http://www.marykay.com

Close to my Heart- Scrapbooking and Rubber Stamping will also be on display again with proceeds from sales going to Relay. http://www.closetomyheart.com

Lia Sophia- jewelry, which I hear is beautiful will also be on display doanting proceeds from sales. http://www.liasophia.com

Come and bring lots of friends for an afternoon of fun and the pleasure of knowing you are helping fight cancer.
If you need info or diections, pm me or call Debbie Filkins 740-532-1603, or Kathy Markins 740-534-9355

you can also shop online and donation proceeds, just get in touch with us for details.

itownpaw
All Conference

Re: Relay For Life Fundraiser

Post by itownpaw »

Sounds like a great time for a great cause... I will be walking in May with the kids from school....

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

I'll be doing my part as I did last year....

Need more volunteers....It's a very good cause....

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Would love to help out. I will look on line for some stuff, but if someone wanted to drop a check, who do we make it out to and where can we drop it off to? Thanks. You all are doing great work!! Anything to help beat this snake of a disease.

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

Makes checks to American Cancer Society, and you can pm me or call any of the numbers listed. I did send you a pm, because they also have business sponsorships you may be interested in.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Good luck on your fund raiser. Our team has already had two fund raisers and two more planned for April. Our Relay isn't until August, when it is really hot. I wish ours was a little earlier, but this way we have more time to raise money. It all goes to a great cause which I have seen working first hand. Please everyone, get out there and support the Faithful Fighters and your Lawrence County team. The blessings you receive from this is beyond words.

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

grndma1 wrote:Good luck on your fund raiser. Our team has already had two fund raisers and two more planned for April. Our Relay isn't until August, when it is really hot. I wish ours was a little earlier, but this way we have more time to raise money. It all goes to a great cause which I have seen working first hand. Please everyone, get out there and support the Faithful Fighters and your Lawrence County team. The blessings you receive from this is beyond words.

Thank you and good luck to your team also. Everyone, support your Relay in your area. grndma 1 is so right, it is an experience that you will never forget. Unfortunately we all know someone who has had to fight this horrible illness, and to see those survivors take that first lap is just so touching. And the luminary service and laps at dust is just as great.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Thats the only two times I cry during the Relay. Last year was the hardest to watch the survivors walk the first time without my husband but I know he was walking there in spirit. The Relay is such a wonderful event to remember those who have lost their battle with cancer and to honor those who have survived it.

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

Bless you grndma 1, I am blessed, as my main reason to relay is for my niece who is a survivor. Her story is a miracle only GOD is capable of. www.caringbridge.org/meganfilkins
She now volunteers at the James in Columbus and is her final year of RN school where she wants to be an oncology nurse. Her story is so inspirational and she has spoken to several groups. She has fought melanoma since graduating from Ironton in 2004, and having it come back in her brain in May of 07, yet she still lives a full life.
She is my HERO and Im so proud to be her aunt! I will relay as long as Im able, it is so rewarding to be a part of.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Good Luck with everyone and their efforts for the Relay 4 Life.
My wife, mother, monther-in-law, 3 aunts, and 1 uncle are all survivors.
My wife and mother-in-law are from Jackson county, and have shared
their stories with many.
Thanks for the Relay 4 Life and all that it does to help us all out.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

same here from the bait family , my dad survived cancer. is that the same day as the shindig, for ozz's relative.

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

This is a fundraiser onFeb 21st. The actual Relay is May 15 & 16 at the Ironton Track. Your dad should come and participate as a survivor. That is alot of what this is all about. They also sell luminaries for 10.00 each and at dark they light each bag with the name of the person either "in memory" or "in honor " of and say each name while everyone quietly walks the track...very touching.

Return to “The Off season”