MY INAUGURATION PICS/TRIP DETAILS!!!!

General Chat
Irontonian
Freshman Team

MY INAUGURATION PICS/TRIP DETAILS!!!!

Post by Irontonian »

We're back from DC and I must say it was AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
I had the time of my life and it was an honor to be invited to be a part of history. Congressman Charlie Wilson's office was great and they made sure we were very well taken care of. The invitations, tickets, and programs are beautiful and very elegant. There may have been millions of people there but the congressman and his staff made us feel like we were their priority. Unfortunatley, Not everyone with tickets got into the ceremony due to some security issues and time constraints. And in case some are wondering if I actually got into the inauguration (pass the gates)....YES WE DID!! Thanks to a certain police officer (Cheif Gates ROCKS!!!!). :122245

The people in DC were awsome as well. Smiles, greatings,and handshakes were everywhere. I met so many new people there. They were all great, it was such a positive enviroment. Everyone bonded instantly. We all bundled together to keep warm. It was like we all became friends instantly (I even bonded with sum of the police/homeland security)...Not one negative thing to say!about the entire trip!!
Even the weather was tolerable! I wish I could've taken all my friends/family so they could've experienced it all. It was one of the best times of my life!!

It was so crowded that you couldnt move. The magnitude of it all is hard to put into words so I climed trees, statues and even porta-potties to try to get the best "crowd" pics I could get. The up close pics are coming too. :-D Here are some pics (havent uploaded them all yet) but here are just a FEW...

Last edited by Irontonian on Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Irontonian
Freshman Team

Re: Inauguration Pics

Post by Irontonian »

Irontonian
Freshman Team

Re: Inauguration Pics

Post by Irontonian »

:lol: Oh, and this one's for you Kantuck... :lol: ;-)
I know how you just love these "new" flags so I brought ya one home!!!

Hey Kantuck I got some more stuff for ya. I brought home:
2 Obama Flags
Obama Tote bag
6 Obama Shirts
Obama skull cap
Obama Scarf

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Re: MY INAUGURATION PICS/TRIP DETAILS!!!!

Post by dragoncoach56 »

You saw history made young lady. I am glad for you and I wish I could have had my family there to celebrate with the rest of the country. And regardless of what some of these idiots on here think even if McCain would have won it would still be an event I would have loved to attend .

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

An Obama skull cap? geesh, what does that do to people when they put that on their heads?! I bet it would kill a Republican! ;-)

WOOOOOOOOOOOO hold on! It's not an Autumn Skull Cap you brought me, is it?! ouch!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I asked this question in your pm and clicked here and found out how wonderful you became part of history congrats!!! :122245

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Great pics!!!....awesome.......I'm jealous..............Happy for you and proud of you................. :12224

Irontonian
Freshman Team

Post by Irontonian »

LOL, Kantuck I dont know if that skull cap will fit your head so your prob safe from any brain washing!!!

Dragoncoach:Thank you and I wish I coulda packed up everyone and taken them along. It was one of those moments when you just think "I wish everyone could experience this"! I agree, I woulda went to McCain/Palin ceremony too. Just wouldnt have brought back so much stuff.

Orange-n-brown: You have a PM

Irontonian
Freshman Team

Post by Irontonian »

abuck76 wrote:Great pics!!!....awesome.......I'm jealous..............Happy for you and proud of you................. :12224

Thanks!!!! :-D

Maybe we can all go to the next one (for his second term)!!!!!

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Could you hear what people on the podium were saying? Did you get cold?

That must have been a great experience. When are you gonna post some more pictures?

Irontonian
Freshman Team

Post by Irontonian »

moose wrote:Could you hear what people on the podium were saying? Did you get cold?

That must have been a great experience. When are you gonna post some more pictures?

Yes, we could hear very well. The crowd was very respectful and quiet during the speeches and stuff. YES! YES! YES! It was FREEZING!! Even in all 5 layers of clothes, 2 sets of gloves, 3 pairs of socks, fuzzy boots, hand/foot warmers, heavy coat, and hat. my thumb is still tingly and i think it was starting to get frostbite.But it was well worth it, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!

Here's one of my favorite pics (still working on the videos and the rest of pics):

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

I think that is Hammerdown in that last picture in the white hat/hoodie, isn't it??

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Irontonian wrote:
moose wrote:Could you hear what people on the podium were saying? Did you get cold?

Yes, we could hear very well. The crowd was very respectful and quiet during the speeches and stuff. YES! YES! YES! It was FREEZING!! Even in all 5 layers of clothes, 2 sets of gloves, 3 pairs of socks, fuzzy boots, hand/foot warmers, heavy coat, and hat. my thumb is still tingly and i think it was starting to get frostbite.But it was well worth it, and I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!

Here's one of my favorite pics (still working on the videos and the rest of pics):

the crowds is what really amazed me.. I had never watched a swearing in before and I was just so floored at the people that came..

Irontonian
Freshman Team

Post by Irontonian »

Irontonian
Freshman Team

Post by Irontonian »

sorry about all the editing...Im trying to resize them all (way too big)

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

WOW! You are a part of history! Looks like you had a great time!

Irontonian
Freshman Team

Post by Irontonian »

Lancer_Fan wrote:WOW! You are a part of history! Looks like you had a great time!

I had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks FIDO!!! It was an honor just to be there

Irontonian
Freshman Team

Post by Irontonian »

hammerdown wrote:did you find any good resturants in dc? :122245 i would say you were pressed for time but did you get to go in the under ground tunnels from the congessman's office to the capitol? it looked to be a trip of a lifetime thank you very much for sharing it with us. ;-)

I ate at a great corned beef sandwich shop, but other than that it was subway and popeyes chicken (the best).
I didnt get a chance to visit anything in the natl mall (all blocked off) we're planning on going back in spring and I will have to check out the tunnels then. I didnt know anything about them!!!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:
Irontonian wrote:

the crowds is what really amazed me.. I had never watched a swearing in before and I was just so floored at the people that came..

i am in the 127th row back, 297th from the right side, thats me wearing a reds hat :lol:

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

You always take the best pictures. Did the little ones go also? I'm guessing they didn't, since you didn't buy everything they had for sale. :122245 I'm so happy for you that you got to go. Did you watch the parade as well? Be sure to post more pictures.

Return to “The Off season”