Weather Radar

General Chat
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Weather Radar

Post by OHHS old timer »

Almost high noon with cloudless skies and a temp of 67...

Might hit 70. It was kinda cold last week....highs around 55-61 with lows in 30s. Was below 32 mark on two mornings. Actually had to put long pants on...dang northwest wind.

This has been above normal winter here. Usually, we have 7-10 mornings of below freezing temps. Only 4 so far. Well there is still March...as we are used to having one hard freeze before the 15th. Then, we can till the garden and start planting.

Sending warm weather to all in SEOPS Land....

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Well.....another lovely day down here

It is 76 with just a few wispy clouds. Humid? Nah...about 30%

And the Old Timer took full advantage of it. Spring cleaning is DONE!! Windows are open and fresh air is gently blowing through the place. A very thorough cleaning with Lysol and a little bit of Odo-Ban mixed in.

Decided to have an early dinner....Subway steak and cheese with some Wendy's ff and a hand dipped choco shake. And the dog has been enjoying all the smells...as well as bugging me for a ff or a piece of steak....what a begger...lol

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Felt pretty darn good here today! High of 55 and I love it. Not too hot and not too cold. Makes for good working weather 8-)

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

For the second time in seven weeks...at app. 9:15 yesterday

A waterspout came on shore at PC Beach. First one was Feb 15. This one did more damage: convience store roof ripped off, RVs flipped over..a tree fell on a house. Beach chairs everywhere...

About 10 mins later, another tornado touched down in Lynn Haven. There, a Grease Pro had its roof torn off...several homes had their roofs removed as well. A semi was flipped over also.

Bottom line...NO deaths, NO severe injuries...just cuts, scrapes and bruises

NWS folks are on the beach today to determine how strong the tornado was....first estimates are a strong EF1 or weak EF2. Other parts of the area got straight-line winds of up 76 mph....cat. 1 hurricane force

Across the bridge....straight line winds for about 5 minutes. No real damage...just porch chairs and some small branches thrown all around.

One thing...the temperature dropped from 73 to 60 in the space of 5 mins just as the winds came through. Then it poured for 30 mins after the strong winds.

Just another spring here in NW Fla...

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

As of May 2...

Had to turn on A/C. Just a tad on the humid side the past few days.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

A gorgeous morning!!!

Temp at 05:30 was 61 with wispy clouds as the sun started to rise. For the next week: highs will range from 77 today to 84 expected on Wed. Low will range from 61 this morning to 69 Tues night into Wed. morning. Zero chance of rain.

Quite a respite from what has been a rainy summer down here. Don't have the hard numbers but my estimate is over 20+ inches. Take into that we lost 10s of thousands of trees....equals alot of flooding.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

A lovely 54 this morning as the sun rose. High around 75 and we have this pattern for next couple of days..

Ahhhhhhhh

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Well..Sunday was interesting

Had highs around 73 at 2PM. Then, after some rainfall and night came, temp dropped. In northern parts of Okaloosa and Walton counties, there was some light snow. It did not stick. Temp drop from 73 at 2 PM down to 36 by 3 AM.

High hit 52 today. Cold tonight once more before temperature picks up...with Friday high around 72 with rain again

Of course this is diddly to what you guys get.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Another this is nothing compared to your weather...

Had 5 hours at 32 degrees or lower this AM...got down to 30

Again....pales in comparison to S. Ohio

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:23 am Another this is nothing compared to your weather...

Had 5 hours at 32 degrees or lower this AM...got down to 30

Again....pales in comparison to S. Ohio
Have a light snow clipper system moving in today and tomorrow, but nothing like an actual snow storm like last week. Been bitterly cold though. Slight warm up coming, but only to get back down in the single digits at night by the weeks end. Heating bill raging out of control up here in Ohio, oldtimer. :lol: :(

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Radar is lit up like a Christmas tree west and southwest of here in Indiana/Kentucky, and moving east/northeast. Hope it dies down some before it gets here. :( Looks pretty vicious. :shock:

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

After a daily dose of thunderstorms this past Sunday thru Thrusday....a return to normal. Nearly clear skies Friday and for the next few days.

And yep, the mowers were out everywhere Friday and Saturday. My veggie garden is doing well. Got tomatoes, scallions, bell peppers, cucumbers and cabbage.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Been under a heat advisory the past two weeks...

Last 8 days, daily Temps have been 91-98 degrees. Today was 98 at 1 PM...feels like temp was at 111 degrees.

Places north of me hit 100 today. Over in Tallahassee, it was 104....the record is 105.

We might hit triple digits this weekend. Only had about an inch of rain where I live.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Similar temps here in Portsmouth as well old timer. It’s been brutal the last week and a half. High 90’s with the index well over 100. Today wasn’t as bad, high of 89 I believe. We have been under heat advisory’s several days. A few severe Thunderstorms within the last 2 weeks as well. Next week looks good as of now. No rain, temps in the high 80’s low 90’s.

Who Dey!
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

PTrojan59 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:24 pm Similar temps here in Portsmouth as well old timer. It’s been brutal the last week and a half. High 90’s with the index well over 100. Today wasn’t as bad, high of 89 I believe. We have been under heat advisory’s several days. A few severe Thunderstorms within the last 2 weeks as well. Next week looks good as of now. No rain, temps in the high 80’s low 90’s.
Know what you mean about heat/humidity @PTrojan59 !! Looks like we too are in for some rain. Chance of precip about 50-70% starting Satuday...going through most of next week. Hopefully, it will be enough to fill all 4 of my 55 gallon rain drums!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Of course it would start raining a couple of days after I posted.....

Been getting mainly am showers and a couple dropping alot of rain in 15-20 minutes. Still could use some more though.

Mowed this morning...my rain barrels are full...veggies looking delish....

Have a great Independence Day folks!!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

I will not complain about how hot and humid it is here in NW Fla.....

Official temp today in London (from Heathrow Airport) was 104 F. We hit 101 for an hour last month.

I can only imagine the number of heat related incidents. There was a blurb about the the asphalt on runways bubbling.

Have a great tomorrow!! High is projected to be 89-91 for moi

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Been a rainy month so far. Had four good hot and humid days...another soaking rain around noon today. All good rain...no super saturation.

Which is a blessing....Sept. 10 is the historical peak for hurricane season, with another peak around the 12th of October. Geez...10 Oct is the 4th anniversary of Hurricane Michael.

Enough said...

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Had a monsoon downpour yesterday morning. According to official records, we got 4.13 inches of wet stuff In an hour....causing a flash flood warning for the usual areas down here.

Several flooded roads, etc. By noon, however, the sun reappeared and all was well once again.

Total rainfall yesterday was 5.73 inches...yikes

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

A beautiful morning!!! A very comfortable 71 outside. Projected high of 87 with a low around 67 as a little cool front sweeps through.

Don't worry....we get back to hot and humid by Friday

Return to “The Off season”