Hospital in Ironton

General Chat
tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Hospital in Ironton

Post by tigerfan83 »

Can anyone in Ironton tell me what is going on with hospital, there is a big hole on the 9th street side nad they quit. Any info would be great :122248

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Hospital in Ironton

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I saw that today and I was wondering the same thing.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

tigerfan83 wrote:Can anyone in Ironton tell me what is going on with hospital, there is a big hole on the 9th street side nad they quit. Any info would be great :122248

Which "9th Street" site? 9th and Park-Vernon or 9th and Kemp-Pleasant? I wasn't out at all yesterday or today.
I worked at the Ironton [Lawrence County/ River Valley] hospital for 23 years, and before that, gave birth to my two children there. It breaks my heart to see it closed and torn down.
I'm glad to hear about prospects for having a hospital again in Ironton, but we had one for many years, didn't we? And it got mismanaged and sold down the political drain. That makes me a little skeptical of all political plans and promises. When I fell last January and needed medical attention and subsequent surgery, I had to go "across the River" to get it. That's sad, and I hated having to do that.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I went by there yesterday to look at that. I was wondering if they didn't put that hole in there to remove some items easier than it would be to try to take them out a door? It is being gutted first, correct?

Return to “The Off season”