SEOPS HO

No Smoking, Even Outdoors

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

No Smoking, Even Outdoors
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:02 PM
Print Story
E-mail Story
NORTH ROYALTON, Ohio —

A Cleveland suburb is outlawing outdoor smoking on city-owned property, going beyond the state's indoor public smoking ban.

The new ordinance in North Royalton applies to public parks, playing fields, parking lots and outdoor seating areas. It does not include sidewalks.

Mayor Robert Stefanik says the ban was proposed as a response to smoking at Little League baseball games. He says overwhelming support from residents led the city council to approve the measure Tuesday night.

At first, offenders will be let off with a warning. Later, repeat violators could be fined $100.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/onnnew ... ml?sid=102

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Re: No Smoking, Even Outdoors

:aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 If you want to smoke go for it but please do not do it at sporting events or right outside the doors please remember people have breathing problems and the smoke bothers them...

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

That's awesome.
Hopefully every place in the nation picks up on this.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote::aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 If you want to smoke go for it but please do not do it at sporting events or right outside the doors please remember people have breathing problems and the smoke bothers them...

A big amen on that :!:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

i think we should ban farting in public places also. catch someone farting.... fine them.

:aaaaa12

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I would rather smell a fart then that nasty skankrette smell.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Horray!!!.... :12224

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I would rather smell a fart then that nasty skankrette smell.

I'm not sure you've never been here when my husband has had beans :122247 :lol:

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

I can handle the smoke better that I can tolerate the rudeness of those that smoke that throw their butts into flowerbeds that are at the front of buildings where they smoke. Hopefully a butt dispenser is provided but if not they should at least be courteous enough to drop their butt in a can of pop or something that they dispose of in the trash. It's disgusting to work in flowerbeds where you have to handpick the cigarette butts out of the bed. Yuck.
:aaaaa30

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

ballparent wrote:I can handle the smoke better that I can tolerate the rudeness of those that smoke that throw their butts into flowerbeds that are at the front of buildings where they smoke. Hopefully a butt dispenser is provided but if not they should at least be courteous enough to drop their butt in a can of pop or something that they dispose of in the trash. It's disgusting to work in flowerbeds where you have to handpick the cigarette butts out of the bed. Yuck. :aaaaa30
That's why I say they should have to smoke in their home, if they own the home or the landlord allows this nasty habit to take place. I also think there should be a 1,000 dollar fine for the first time they, smokers are caught throwing there nasty on the ground. The second time they are caught it shold be a 5,000 fine, the third time that goes to 10,000. If stupid enough to do this again it should be a year in jail and a 20,000 fine.

Harsh yep. but this would keep the earth a lot cleaner. But in this soft country we live in things this hardcore will never happen.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PointerFan02
Freshman Team

Post by PointerFan02 »

Doesn't Ashland have something similar to this?

For some reason, I was thinking Central Park was supposed to be smoke free ... even though they smoke on the corner of the park that's next to the hospital.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

PointerFan02 wrote:Doesn't Ashland have something similar to this?

For some reason, I was thinking Central Park was supposed to be smoke free ... even though they smoke on the corner of the park that's next to the hospital.

And I guarantee if you went to that corner you would find it riddled with smoker's debris. I don't have a problem with smoker's or their habit as long as.....it doesn't effect me or my surroundings including the effects on my long-term environment. Kill yourself if they want to but don't throw your butts or breathe your smoke into my world. Keep it in your car or house. Nests of birds are found to have the filters of cigarettes in them (the poor birds use them as nesting material) but yet cigarette filters are full of chemicals and toxins. So, how's that going to effect our future, it all comes full circle, you know. OK, I'm done. :lol:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

ballparent wrote:

And I guarantee if you went to that corner you would find it riddled with smoker's debris. I don't have a problem with smoker's or their habit as long as.....it doesn't effect me or my surroundings including the effects on my long-term environment. Kill yourself if they want to but don't throw your butts or breathe your smoke into my world. Keep it in your car or house. Nests of birds are found to have the filters of cigarettes in them (the poor birds use them as nesting material) but yet cigarette filters are full of chemicals and toxins. So, how's that going to effect our future, it all comes full circle, you know. OK, I'm done. :lol:

and let the stoning begin :122249 :lol:

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:
ballparent wrote:

and let the stoning begin :122249 :lol:

As long as they're organically grown stones.
:aaaaa59

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

:122245 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa24

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Heck...Most people don't have any common sense when smoking outdoors or even in their cars. They toss the "still lit" butts on the ground that everyone has to walk through....especially on beaches where people walk in their bare feet.

Most of the ones that smoke in their cars refuse to use the ashtray that is built in. They too would prefer to throw their butts outside the window and let the wind carry them back onto the cars behind them.

Smokers in cars have been proven to be the cause of many grass fires along the highways....Nope....no sense at all.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Runner wrote:Heck...Most people don't have any common sense when smoking outdoors or even in their cars. They toss the "still lit" butts on the ground that everyone has to walk through....especially on beaches where people walk in their bare feet.

Most of the ones that smoke in their cars refuse to use the ashtray that is built in. They too would prefer to throw their butts outside the window and let the wind carry them back onto the cars behind them.

Smokers in cars have been proven to be the cause of many grass fires along the highways....Nope....no sense at all.

And, how many times have you seen a smoker with a lit cigarette pumping gas. I have and drive by those gas stations really quickly. :shock:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

I always roll the window down some if I am sitting there and say gee we sure have intelligent people in this town they can't read the NO SMOKING SIGNS POSTED HERE AT THE GAS STATION :shock:

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Still love this.

Return to “The Off season”