Morning weather update

General Chat
mvlnewlex
All Conference

Morning weather update

Post by mvlnewlex »

A Major Winter Storm will impact the Ohio Valley over the next 48 hours. For today, A wintry mix of snow..sleet and freezing rain will develop across interior counties of Southeastern Ohio today. A mixture of rain and sleet can be expected a long the Ohio River. The most significant daytime snow and ice accumulations are expected along a line from Chillicothe to Zanesville. With mostly snow expected in the Columbus Metro.

As colder air moves into the region tonight, the mixed precipitation will gradually change over to all snow across interior counties by midnight. Areas along the Ohio River may continue to see a mixture of rain and sleet through much of the night. However, if temperatures fall below freezing, there could be a significant ice accumulation in the Gallipolis and Point Pleasant area.

The precipitation will be all snow on Saturday. The snow could be heavy at times. The highest snow accumulations are expect along and north of Interstate 70. Northwest winds of 20 to 40 mph will cause near blizzard conditions across the entire area.

Perry-Muskingum-Fairfield-Hocking-Ross-Pickaway-Guernsey-Coshocton-

Today...Snow and sleet with a chance of rain. Snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Highs in the lower 30s.

Tonight...Snow and sleet with a slight chance of freezing rain in the evening. Then heavy snow after midnight. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Lows in the mid 20s.

Saturday...Heavy snow and wind. Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Highs in the upper 20s.

Saturday night...Snow showers. Total snow accumulation of 7 to 14 inches.

Lawrence-Gallia-Meigs

Today...Rain and sleet. Highs around 40.

Tonight...Rain and sleet early in the evening. Then freezing rain and sleet. Snow after 3am. Ice accumulation of a quarter to a half inch. Snow accumulation an inch or less. Lows in the mid 20s.

Saturday...Heavy snow and wind. Snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Highs in the upper 20s.

Saturday night...Snow showers. Total snow accumulation of 3 to 6 inches.

Pike-Scioto-Jackson-Vinton-Athens-Washington-Morgan-Noble-Belmont-Monroe

Today...Rain..sleet and snow. Snow accumulation around an inch or less. Highs in the mid to upper 30s.

Tonight...Sleet and freezing rain in the evening. Then snow and sleet after midnight. Snow accumulation around an inch. Ice accumulation 1 to 2 tenths of an inch. Lows in the mid 20s.

Saturday...Heavy snow and wind. Snow accumulation of 3 to 6 inches. Highs in the upper 20s.

Saturday night...Snow showers. Total snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches.

Franklin-Licking-Knox-Holmes-

Today...Snow..heavy at times. Snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Highs in the lower 30s.

Tonight...Snow..heavy at times. Snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Lows in the mid 20s.

Saturday...Heavy snow and wind. Snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Highs in the upper 20s.

Saturday night...Snow showers. Total snow accumulation of 9 to 17 inches.
Last edited by mvlnewlex on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Re: NEW Evening weather update

Post by mvlnewlex »

updated forecast ttt

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Re: NEW Evening weather update

Post by mvlnewlex »

morning update..

BUMP

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Morning weather update

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The man on 10tv just said AT LEAST DOUBLE DIGITS IN TOTAL SMOW FOR THE COLUMBUS AREA.

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:The man on 10tv just said AT LEAST DOUBLE DIGITS IN TOTAL SMOW FOR THE COLUMBUS AREA.

I sure hope it doesn't SMOW here.... :aaaaa59 :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

looks like rain will be here in an hour or so

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

What I find interesting is that this storm could come down to a matter of just a few miles. I know new lex and others dont like the weather channel, but if you go by zipcodes, Franklin Furnace may get as much as 8 inches of snow by storms end, where Ironton is likely to get 3 or 4 inches.
New Lex: How accurate is the prediction right now, this close to the storm? Could this thing still slide one way or another?

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

The rain just changed over to sleet here in Jackson. They are dismissing the schools now.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

rain started around 9 started sleeting around 10 now its snowing.. listening for school updates but I'd rather they keep them there for awhile actually they really should have CANCELED school knowing this was coming! I heard this storm compared to the one we had on April 3rd and 4th 87 we got 20 inches in 24 hours!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

sending the kids home at noon here!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Started snowing here around 10am.
We have about an inch now

If I remember correct-the snow of 87 came up the east coast and turn and headed west.
Last edited by noreply66 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

rockhill029
Waterboy

Post by rockhill029 »

what counties are sending the kids home and does anyone know how close the storm is to Ironton?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The weather channel show heavy rain heading toward Huntington.Ironton just might get some of that.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

noreply66 wrote:Started snowing here around 10am.
We have about an inch now

If I remember correct-the snow of 87 came up the east coast and turn and headed west.

Oh it was a fun storm too NOT!!!!!!!! don't remember how it came but there was alot of snow and 4 days later I got married :122246

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

That morning in 87 I had to have my daughter at the Nelsonville hospital at 9am and the snow was coming down then. We were at the hospital for about three hours altogether and wasn't watching the snow. When we left around noon, Nelsonville had about 6 inches. Going back to Logan cars were all over the place. I was glad I had my 4-wheel drive Ram Charger.
Had to go to work at 3:00 at the Mill in Logan.When I came out to get in my Ram Charger to go home at 11pm the door scraped the snow when I opened it (I even had a lift kit on it.)

I think the LDN reported 23 inches

mvlnewlex
All Conference

Post by mvlnewlex »

Steady as she goes. No major change in the forecast. May adjust some wording later.

You know what is amazing. The NGM (A 60s 70s and 80s weather model) seems to be doing better with this storm than most of the 2000 age North American and European models.

A lot of meterologists do not even pay attention to the NGM and consider it garbage these days.

I have been following it with this storm. Especially surface temperatures.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

again new lex,thanks for what you are doing on here for us. it keeps me informed. :aaaaa58

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan is on a Level Two with 3 1/2 inches of wet snow.trying to stay a head of the deep shoveling.I have been out three times to shovel.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

level 1 here athens

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

:aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa30 :aaaaa30 :aaaaa30 :aaaaa30 :aaaaa30

SNOW SNOW GO AWAY........................

we are under a level 2 should be a 3 here real soon.

We are still waiting on the elementary bus to get here. those kids should have already been home. I got 2 nieces on that bus.

And my neighbor and his son was in a bad wreck with 2 semi's and has been life flighted to grant

Return to “The Off season”