Anyone every used Bathfitters? also does a house sell better

General Chat
orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Anyone every used Bathfitters? also does a house sell better

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

with or without a tub?
We have a tub that is 20 years old looks like heck been through 4 kids and we want to up date but can't figure out how to get a new one in we've changed some of the walls etc. since putting that one in.. so if anyone has used them or knows of someone please let me know! Thanks! :-D

Bassmaster
S

Re: Anyone every used Bathfitters? also does a house sell better

Post by Bassmaster »

I was talking to someone the other day and I think they paid something like 7 grand to get their's done. :oops:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Bassmaster wrote:I was talking to someone the other day and I think they paid something like 7 grand to get their's done. :oops:

wow maybe we'll have to figure something out... :shock:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

WOW! :shock: :shock: :shock: :!: :!: :!:
7 G's :!: :!: I didn't think it was that much :!: You could almost do it yourself cheaper.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

My sister looked into it when she was remodeling the bathroom in her rental property. she said she found lots of complaints about MOLD with it. check into really good since you have children with medical problems.

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

My daughter had them come out to just give her a estimate on her two bathrooms. Once they got there he told her how much...pretty high....and she thanked him and told him that she would look at her finaces and if they thought they could afford to have them do it she would get intouch. Well the guy kept on telling her how if she didn't let Bathfitters do it, that her bathrooms wouldn't be done right and her home wouldn't have as good of a value. He kept on telling her how much money he needed from them in order to get the project started. She told him again to leave, and he told her that he took alot of time from his life to come to Portsmouth to give them an estimate. She reminded him that she told them that she only wanted an estimate when she called to have them come. Finally she had to yell at him to get out of her house, and that she was really thinking about having them do her baths, but that after talking to him she changed her mind! The guy told her that in all of his years of being a saleman, he had never been thrown out of anyones house...she told him that there was a first for everything, and shoved him out the door. Boy, was she mad!!! I mean, she had picked up his tool bag and took it to the door for him!!! Yes, my daughter is a fisty woman, but this guy was being a butt....he should know that you won't get jobs thinking you can man handle a woman into agreeing to giving him money for a job, she didn't know if she wanted them to do yet.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Thanks philly you have answered my question we decided if we couldn't afford them we would take a wall out to get a new one in :shock: it'd be cheaper

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

orange-n-brown365, that is what my daughter decided. I,m not trying to talk ya out of using bathfitter's, but if I was looking into putting that much money into a project, I would want to know my daughters story. Good Luck with your new bathroom. My daughter is starting hers in the spring. Luckly her boyfriend his pretty handy around the house and can do the job for her.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Philly wrote:My daughter had them come out to just give her a estimate on her two bathrooms. Once they got there he told her how much...pretty high....and she thanked him and told him that she would look at her finaces and if they thought they could afford to have them do it she would get intouch. Well the guy kept on telling her how if she didn't let Bathfitters do it, that her bathrooms wouldn't be done right and her home wouldn't have as good of a value. He kept on telling her how much money he needed from them in order to get the project started. She told him again to leave, and he told her that he took alot of time from his life to come to Portsmouth to give them an estimate. She reminded him that she told them that she only wanted an estimate when she called to have them come. Finally she had to yell at him to get out of her house, and that she was really thinking about having them do her baths, but that after talking to him she changed her mind! The guy told her that in all of his years of being a saleman, he had never been thrown out of anyones house...she told him that there was a first for everything, and shoved him out the door. Boy, was she mad!!! I mean, she had picked up his tool bag and took it to the door for him!!! Yes, my daughter is a fisty woman, but this guy was being a butt....he should know that you won't get jobs thinking you can man handle a woman into agreeing to giving him money for a job, she didn't know if she wanted them to do yet.

he should have stayyed out of the Portsmouth Area then...huh :lol:

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

biggdowgg, Yea, it'll teach him!!! Lucky he made it out of town!!!

Also I believe she said that it was going to cost her around 4,000.00 to do a basic bathtub with a corner shelf, and a small shower stall. Which the guy said would cost more because the bathroom was so small and difficult to work in!!! If you have money to spend they may be the way to go, but most people can't afford to just throw away money.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

well thanks to all but it looks like bath fitters just lost another job :-D
especially the mold part my daughter has allergies and that is one big one on her list :-D
mom I'll be pming you soon

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

You know I don't know anything about Bathfitters but it makes sense about the mold problem especially because of their claim that they can get it all done in one day. Plus they don't take any of the old stuff out (they say that on the commercials) but just fit new stuff over everything. So, if everything is still damp and, if it's an older bathroom, and probably has mold creeping in the corners and they just slap stuff over it....of course there would be a mold problem since they'd just be sealing it all in to grow. I agree ONB with your kids I'd start knocking out the wall. We've done it and the demolition is really kind of fun. :) It's living with the mess for days that's the headache. :?

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

ballparent wrote:You know I don't know anything about Bathfitters but it makes sense about the mold problem especially because of their claim that they can get it all done in one day. Plus they don't take any of the old stuff out (they say that on the commercials) but just fit new stuff over everything. So, if everything is still damp and, if it's an older bathroom, and probably has mold creeping in the corners and they just slap stuff over it....of course there would be a mold problem since they'd just be sealing it all in to grow. I agree ONB with your kids I'd start knocking out the wall. We've done it and the demolition is really kind of fun. :) It's living with the mess for days that's the headache. :?

DAYS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: gee I thought we'd do it in a day :lol:
this should be an interesting project especially when he breaks out the chainsaw cause you cannot build or rebuild nothing in our family without one :shock:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: A chain saw! :shock: :shock: Do you live in a log cabin? :-D :-D

well most of my house is made out of pine my hubby cut took to the amish to cut :-D
all the walls in my new part of my house is pine! don't have to worry about painting it ;-)

Return to “The Off season”