You Guys Want Some Women? Lots Of Them!

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

You Guys Want Some Women? Lots Of Them!

Post by kantuckyII »

Too funny! Never knew this before either..

Mao offered U.S. 10 million women

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Amid a discussion of trade in 1973, Chinese leader Mao Zedong made what U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger called a novel proposition: sending tens of thousands, even 10 million, Chinese women to the United States. "You know, China is a very poor country," Mao said, according to a document released by the State Department's historian office.

"We don't have much. What we have in excess is women. So if you want them we can give a few of those to you, some tens of thousands."

A few minutes later, Mao circled back to the offer. "Do you want our Chinese women?" he asked. "We can give you 10 million."

After Kissinger noted Mao was "improving his offer," the chairman said, "We have too many women. ... They give birth to children and our children are too many."

"It is such a novel proposition," Kissinger replied in his discussion with Mao in Beijing. "We will have to study it

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Let me guess... the US turned down the offer.

Ironton High School Fighting Tigers
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, as it says, Kissinger was goin' study on it. I always thought he was a strange guy when we were kids GFT, did you?

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

I think I'll order a RosettaStone Langage Course to learn the Chinese language.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.rosettastone.com/tv

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

NO THANKS, THATS JUST 10 MILLION MORE ILLEGALS , THAT WILL TAKE OUR JOBS, BUT GEORGE W WORRIES ME, HE MAY SEE THIS AS A STIMULOUS PACKAGE, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

c'mon now. that was funny i thought. :shock: :shock:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “The Off season”