Teen attacks burglar with baseball bat

General Chat
mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

1 hour, 19 minutes ago

MESA, Ariz. - A burglar who broke into a Mesa home got more than he bargained for when 14-year-old boy attacked him with a bat. Ninth-grader Michael Six locked himself in his bedroom, grabbed an aluminum baseball bat and hid in his closet and after seeing a man use a screwdriver to break open a sliding-glass door of his home.

Six dialed police and was talking to a 911 operator when the intruder used the screwdriver to get into his room.

As the burglar rummaged through Michael's backpack, Michael stepped out and swung the bat.

The burglar cursed as Michael nailed him on the back and shoulder, and Michael can be heard on the 911 tape yelling, "Sorry, man!"

The intruder took the bat from the boy and fled. Police later arrested Thomas Gonzales Garza, 30, of Chandler.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

IT'S A GOOD THING HE WAS 14, OR THE BURGLER COULD SUE HIM, IN THIS DAY AND AGE. :oops: :oops:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:IT'S A GOOD THING HE WAS 14, OR THE BURGLER COULD SUE HIM, IN THIS DAY AND AGE. :oops: :oops:
True and sad.

I remember hearing on the news a man broke into a school and he fell from a beam in the gym and broke his arm. He sued and won.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

He was lucky that when the man took the bat from him, that he didn't hit him with it. Such a scary world we live in.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I HEARD THAT. :-D

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

The burglar got off pretty easy. He wouldn't have gotten off so lucky in some of the homes I know of. ;-)

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Kid should have brained him. Lucky he didn't break into my house all my kids know how to shoot and where the ammo is. My son would have popped him the way he's been taught "2 in the chest and one to the head, good as dead". My oldest daughter would have emptied the clip and reloaded. ;-)

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
~Patrick Henry
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SAME HERE, BROTHER, THEY BOTH GOT BALL BATS IN THEIR ROOM, AND KNOW WHERE THE GUNS ARE. HE'D NOT HAVE MADE IT OUT OF THE BAITCAVE. TO COMPLAIN. :shock: :shock:

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

Dead men can't talk. ;-)

Return to “The Off season”