SG Band

General Chat
sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

SG Band

Post by sghsrebel09 »

Yes it's true all non-believers. It may not be the best band but it's full of spirit.
We're gonna be at the game next friday.

GOOD LUCK SG

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

Marching Rebels will be at the homecoming game, there is suppost to be a good size amout. Over 30 was what I'm told.

sghsrebel09
Riding the Bench

Post by sghsrebel09 »

We got a band teacher just a few days before school started, I think it was one day actually.

After that she started putting it all together. There are only a hand full of actual high schoolers, most of them are JR. High students who have, in the last two weeks, picked up there insturments for the first time. Most of the bass have just now picked it up. Alot of the drum line are high schoolers, however, last night during practice both of the snares where jr. high. Hopefully we will have an experienced snare drummer to help out.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Great to see the band back after the kids got cheeted out of marching the last 4 games last year.

GREAT TO SEE THE BAND BACK! 8)

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Good luck with reforming your band. NY was down to 13 members 7 years ago and are now up to 49. I hate to see any school lose their music department.

IKnoCheerleading
Waterboy

Post by IKnoCheerleading »

SG's band is decent, especially for a bunch of beginners. The director is good at what she does, however, she needs a chill pill or two... and she should have a better attitude =) She needs to realize if she continues treating everyone like they're after her then the SG'ers will just run her out of the school like they did the last two band directors that acted rudely and selfish toward the band.

madpolecat
All State

Re: SG Band

Post by madpolecat »

I think that the SG band has a bright future folks.

The new director is a tough lady, a lot tougher cookie than those other band directors you say have been "run off."

She's pretty hard core with that oboe, people.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Sometimes you have to give to get in the end! 8)

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

The Rebel band will be much improved in the fall of 2008,

Good luck to Cassandra and the band...

sidelines08
Waterboy

Post by sidelines08 »

oops...tried to fix a typo and erased the whole thing...lol :lol:
Last edited by sidelines08 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I think that is awesome! :aaaaa26

sidelines08
Waterboy

Post by sidelines08 »

Thanks! Last year we started with nothing....this year we're starting strong and heading into a new building where the music programs go to 7-12th grades instead of just 9-12.

Kids will no longer have to choose between sports and music...they can have 4 years of band and choir before they hit Varsity and then have ONE HECK OF A CHEERING SQUAD BEHIND THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Hey heres the link to Fairlands band website.I know they have a killer booster club if you need to know anything.Also I think DragonFan24 is in the Marching Thunder now.There are some good people in it I am sure they would point you in the right direction! ;-)

sidelines08
Waterboy

Post by sidelines08 »

Thanks! Boosters are really going to be a challenge this year and I'm thinking about starting a web-site to help boost support. I didn't know that Fairland had one so I thank you for the link!

earp
S

Post by earp »

YW!I know they have a bunch of photos of where they go to Disneyland every year on there.Fairlands band has been the "Band of the day!" at Disney World to many times to count.

sidelines08
Waterboy

Post by sidelines08 »

I'm hoping to rebuild SG's program so that we can do Disneyland within the next 5 years. It's really a great incintive to get the kids and parents to step up and support the program.

Next year I have some big plans for the program!
Last edited by sidelines08 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Sideline I am glad you found this website. Just keep inmind that alot of people reads everything on here and be careful of what you post. Somethings that are posted on here are taken the wrong way and you don't want to hurt your program in anyway. Goodluck this year!

sidelines08
Waterboy

Post by sidelines08 »

Thanks for the "heads-up"!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya Bettis is right!You can really ruffle some feathers on this site and dont I know it! :lol:

sidelines08
Waterboy

Post by sidelines08 »

Well...sometimes feathers need ruffled...but I try hard not to upset people. I'm just upset that I messed up my previous post. Oh well, it's probably for the best :122245

Return to “The Off season”