Canceled TV shows....

General Chat
robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

NOT RETURNING TO NBC THIS FALL: series ending, not outright canceled...

WILL & GRACE

WEST WING

CANCELED:

Joey (Who cares?)

Three Wishes( Again, who cares?)

Teachers(Never even saw it)

Conviction(Vic of Dick-Wolf-Itis)

Heist(not bad, but ratings-challenged)

Surface

E-Ring

Book of Daniel (Stepped on too many Christian toes)

Inconceivable (The worst scripted trash in several years; shoulda never aired. If I were the CEO, I'da fired the idiot who let that trash on the air!)

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

NOT RETURNING ON ABC THIS SEASON:

Hope and Faith

Freddie

Less Than Perfect(Less than Funny!)

Rodney( Too chopped up for we who've seen Rodney live)

Sons & Daughters( Who cares? Dull as a rubber sword)

Invasion

In Justice

The Evidence

Miracle Workers

Unfortunately, Monday will see the return of Trash TV, with Wife Swap, The Bachelor. & Supernanny polluting the airwaves again. However, MNF will soon be on Fox, with "Deal Or No Deal" on NBC till football time so who cares what ABC has on Monday eve?

I, or someone, should soon be bringing news of CBS & Fox cancellations.

RH@OU
Waterboy

Post by RH@OU »

I thought ESPN had MNF with Torrico, Kornheiser, and Theisman.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

RH@OU wrote:I thought ESPN had MNF with Torrico, Kornheiser, and Theisman.

You are right; I was wrong.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I didn't expect too much from the new CW network, and I wasn't disappointed. In another smooth move, they've dropped "Everwood" from their new schedule, while keeping clinkers "All of Us" & "One Tree Hill". Everwood was far from the worst-rated show on WB, with a larger audience thanthose other two.

I now know of a high-paying exec job I could do as well as anyone now doing them: prog director at a TV net. Requirements...No brains, poor taste.

However, I expect the CW to be a dud anyway, given the poor quality of mosta the stuff in UPN & WB that they kept. It may last 2 years.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

CBS IS DROPPING:

Courting Alex(Who cares?)

Out of Practice(Not bad; however, not too many people thought so)

Still Standing(Still losing its audience/ratings)

Yes, Dear(Not too bad, but was slowly declining in ratings)

Threshold(Too many alien invasion shows at once. Some go, some blow)

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

More from the CW (Calamitous Wisdom) Net:

Gone, besides Everwood:

Blue Collar TV
The Bedford Diaries(No one will miss THIS trash!)
Living With Fran(Not an awful comedy)
Modern Men(Piece of krap; shoulda never aired)
Pepper Dennis(Not too bad; never given a chance!)
Related (Who cares?)
Survival of the Richest( Lemme repeat...Goshawful trailer trash Reality krap; shoulda never been made, let alone aired!)
Twins (Never saw it, never wanted to!)
What I Like About You (Not at all their worst show, but CW seems intent on dumping their winners & keeping ratings-challenged shows like "Veronica Mars".)

However, they made one move which may keep them on the air for 2 more years: they brought back "7th Heaven", their highest-rated show ever. But I don't believe the CW will survive unless they DRASTICALLY alter their programming. Airing scripted garbage, unfunny comedies, and pukey reality trash to save money will have them off the air in 2 years. They've GOTTA use quality people to CREATE quality shows; just hiring top actors/actresses won't cut it. Not even Emeril can make plums outta lemons. Just look at their abysmal waste of Jane Seymour's talent on a piece of #$@& like "Modern Men"!

Renewing 7th Heaven is a step in the right direction. Let's hope...!

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Bring back Cagney & Lacey!!

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

TheInstructor wrote:Bring back Cagney & Lacey!!

I like "Howdy Doody"

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

For the week of May 22, the lowest-rated English-language show in the Neilsens was Cuts at # 119 outta 144 primetime shows, all nets and baby nets. (Not counting all-movie, all-sports, specialty nets such as The Weather Channel, etc.)

Next was Veronica Mars at # 117, with Eve at #116...all three are UPN shows.

To me, VM is the best under-viewed show out there, but, hey, whaddya expect? It's UPN! They just don't promote their shows, but sit & cry cuz no one watches.

At the rate they're going, I expect the new CW net, created from the ashes of WB & UPN, to last no more than 2 years. Maybe it'll be replaced with something worth a hoot.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

"Weekends with Maury And Connie", a talk show with married couple Maury Povich & Connie Chung, was canceled. This Saturday will be the last broadcast.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

CBS wisely dropped the ratings-challenged(and outright STUPID) "Tuesday Night Book Club" yesterday. Given the overall quality of CBS' shows the last 2 years, I was surprised they'd air such trash, even in summer. I'd sooner watch reruns of "Top Cat".

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

My prediction of the next cancellation: ABC's "How To Get The Guy"...as lame and little-watched as "Book Club". At least CBS doesn't let clinkers hang around...they can'em quick. ABC might take a little longer.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Anybody watch "Huff" on Showtime? Well, after June 25, you'll watch it no more unless ya Tivo'd or VCR'd it. It's canceled.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

THE ABRAMS REPORT (MSNBC)...When host Don Abrams was promoted to general manager of the cable division, he canceled his own show. He also canceled...

LIVE & DIRECT WITH RITA COSBY...A primetime "news" show that did many celeb interviews.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I predict the following shows will either be canceled, or will not return after this summer's run:

WINDFALL

THE ONE

TREASURE HUNTERS

HOW TO GET THE GUY (Apparently already gone, thankfully)

MASTER OF CHAMPIONS (Prolly already done & canceled...one too many "amateur Houresque" shows)

TUESDAY NIGHT BOOK CLUB(This pieca garbage was quickly yanked...shoulda never aired!)

Several other summer series such as "America's Got Talent" will prolly make it onto the Fall schedule, likely as replacement shows, as it appears the new Fall lineup will have more than the usual numbers of clinkers-to-be in it.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Anyone ever watch "Project Greenlight", on Bravo, a reality show about film making? Well, ya won't watch it any more. It's history.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

I predict that "The One" will be the first summer show yanked...it set a record...for LOWEST ratings on a major network show!

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

For once, I made a correct prediction. "The One" was the one that got the axe yesterdey. But who cares?

robycop3
All State

Next to go:ABC's One Ocean View

Post by robycop3 »

ABC, in its infinite wisdom, has once again revived the stupid concept of find ing 43 people ignorant enough to allow themselves to be crammed into a 9X 12 room fulla cameras, the modern equivalent of the "Black Hole of Calcutta", for a brief moment of glory on TV. The viewers stayed away in droves. Hopefully, ABC will "get the message" & dump this trash called "One Ocean View" quickly. Given its terrible ratings in its premiere, its end should come quickly.

The only place where this stupid concept has drawn any more than miniscule viewership is "Big Brother". While it's doing all right in the ratings, it's certainly not getting any support from me!

Return to “The Off season”