Canceled TV shows....

General Chat
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Re: Canceled TV shows....

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I wonder how many episodes of Mulaney will air on Fox before it's cancelled? The preview that is on all the time is stupid. If that is the best joke they had to show for a preview, they are in a world of hurt.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Same with "jane the virgin" on CW ,that looks like one that will get thrown in the dumpster pretty quick

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

DSC has cancelled Sons Of Guns after star Will Hayden was busted, charged with raping his own 12-yr-old daughter.

Now, while everyone charged with a crime is, in the eyes of the justice system, presumed innocent unless/until proven guilty, simple fact is the fuzz don't bust someone on that sorta charge unless they have solid evidence of guilt, given the potential cost for a mistaken or wrongful arrest.

While I liked that show, I believe DSC has made the right decision. It could be renewed if Hayden were to be found innocent. But we must all be supportive of efforts against the cancer of child sexual molestation/rape by adults.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Only reason I would watch it was to see that girl with the deep voice,I not usually fond of girls with deep voices but there was something about her.I think that was his daughter in the show.Must of been her sister.They say there is some controversy whether it actually happened or not, but if it did what a piece of poopy!

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

While there've been few cancellations of new shows lately, it's apparent that TNT has given up on their revival of Dallas, giving it the ole heave-ho.

'Tis the season for cancellations, and the ole axe will soon be falling as the nets decide certain shows won't bring in the Neilsens they desire, especially in the age 18-49 demographic. (Us old folx don't count too much to most sponsors or TV nets.)

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

And the winner is...

Manhattan Love Story!

This is the first cancellation of a new show on a major net. Its Neilsens were abysmal after 4 eps, and after watching its premiere, I see why! It SUCKED! Not funny. Not dramatic. No action. No NOTHING. Didn't know what genre this show was supposed to be, but it now fits two other genres...BAD and CANCELLED.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

The Lord Answere even minor prayers if He so chooses!

TLC has cancelled the inane here Comes Honey Boo Boo, another of those fake, staged "reality" shows, this one being about a family of fat lazy slobs, featuring the youngest daughter, herself no bag of bones. This show was made with all the erudition of a door stop, and I suspect its "fans" aren't on a much-higher plane.

TLC's given reason for the cancallation is that the show's "matriarch", 'Mama June', was seeing a former boyfriend, a convicted child-molester. She denies that allegation, and all we have is "he said-she said", but I suspect the REAL reason for the show's demise is that most of its viewership have had enough, the novelty is gone, its Neilsens were slipping, and, most-compelling of all, its SPONSORS were bailing out.

I doubt if too many of the readers here will miss that trash. Now, if that whole genre were to be dropped into File 13...

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

NBC has axed Bad Judge and A to Z. However, they're gonna air all eps of BJ, which isn't a bad show, but has bad Neilsens. A To Z was just another unfunny romantic "comedy".

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Fox has axed Utopia, an inane reality show in which a group of people were placed in a remote place with limited resources & were to make the best society possible.

IMO, this show was phony as a Ford Corvette. Who's gonna "be themselves" with cameras and operators all around?

Fox invested a lotta $$ into this show, which bombed right outta the gate Neilsen-wise. This proves one doesn't hafta be too smart to be a TV exec, just have the right birth and know the right people.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

ABC has sent "Selfie" to the showers. Nothing on TV stinx as bad as an un-funny "comedy"(unless it's some dating/relationship 'reality' show) and that's what this was.

There are seven unaired eps, and for now it appears ABC will air them unless the Neilsens dry up even further.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

CBS pulled the plug on The Millers after a large decline of its Neilsens.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Here's a boatload of recent cancellations:

Backstrom (FOX), The Following (FOX), Constantine (NBC), Stalker (CBS), State of Affairs (NBC), Battle Creek (CBS), The McCarthys (CBS), Marry Me (NBC), About a Boy (NBC), One Big Happy (NBC), Weird Loners (FOX), Cristela (ABC), The Taste (ABC), Forever (ABC), Resurrection (ABC), Hart of Dixie (The CW), The Messengers (The CW), The Mindy Project (FOX), Auction Hunters (Spike TV), Helix (Syfy), Revenge (ABC), Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Adult Swim), Moone Boy (Hulu), Sirens (USA), Eye Candy (MTV), Let’s Ask America (syndicated), Looking (HBO), and Allegiance.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Fox is finally axing "American Idol" after next year due to its declining ratings.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Yeah, it's had a good run, but like every show except news, soap operas, & current-events shows, it's drying up. I guess that makes The Simpsons the longest-running non-news/current events show.

Longest-running current show, I believe, is Meet The Press. Correct me if I'm wrong, someone, but I believe the longest-running show of all was Guiding Light, counting its run on radio, coming straight over to TV.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

It was dried up with me when it began lol,I just never was a fan, too boring.Actually it was a little interesting when Simon was still there and he would make all them people feel bad.Surprised it made it as long as it did after he bailed.You are right that is the longest running show starting in 1937

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Was never a fan either. And another one I'm not a fan of is dancing with the stars.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Here's a whole blort of shows recently axed by the "major" nets:

Fox:
Backstrom
The Following
Weird Loners

ABC:
Cristela
The Taste
Forever
Resurrection
Revenge

NBC:
State Of Affairs
Marry Me
About A Boy
One Big Happy
Constantine

CBS:
Stalker
Battle Creek
The McCarthys

The CW:
Hart Of Dixie
The Messengers

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

NBC has axed Hannibal, but will air all the eps for the current season. While not a bad show, it just couldn't attract and hold muchuva viewership.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Apparently, ABC has dropped Wipeout as all traces of it are gone from their website. Despite its being a good show, it suffered from poor announcing, which led to its developing "Neilsen Disease" and thus, cancellation.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Fox has cancelled Knock! Knock! Live after 2 eps. More reality trash gone! Now, if only we were ridda that dating/relationship garbage...

Return to “The Off season”