Dear Old Ironton High School

General Chat
ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

Very true post!!!! gotigers.... Some people gripe and won't even be paying taxes on the new school....
Last edited by ghostwriter on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

I pay taxes for it and I don't have any kids.

I actually pay taxes twice for it since I own two pieces of property.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

so they are going to keep that in the new school. :shock: :shock: . i would think they would redo it the same , with NEW MATERIALS. :)

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

The Instructor wrote:I pay taxes for it and I don't have any kids.

I actually pay taxes twice for it since I own two pieces of property.

Same here!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'M ACTUALLY PAYING ON ROCK HILL'S NEW SCHOOLS, WHERE I LIVE. BUT I STILL LOVES MY TIGERS. ;-) ;-)

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:so they are going to keep that in the new school. :shock: :shock: . i would think they would redo it the same , with NEW MATERIALS. :)

I believe they are keeping the old part and incorporating it to the new part.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

CAN THEY NOT REDO IT WITH NEW MATERIAL, AND LOOK NEARLY THE SAME. FROM AN OLD CONSTRUCTION WORKER, THAT DON'T MAKE MUCH SENCE, THEY STILL MAKE LIMESTONE. :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

I suppose they can do it.

I know very little about construction.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it just seems they'd want the entire building in new material, no structural cracks , or damages. jmo. i've never been involved in building anything where they reused existing material, other than religning the blast furnaces at armco, they of course, keep the blast furnace. just put new fire bricks in it.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

There used to be a lot of NOOKIE in the high school auditorium!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

First thing about the design of the school, with the state involved you build what the state wants you to build

Second, I have mentioned this on other posts but does anyone know if they are going to test or check the foundation under that staircase, because if the demo damaged that foundation then it will not sit right when the new part is built, and if thats the case and something goes wrong with that "precious" staircase and kids get hurt are the citizens of Ironton ready to take the blame for it.

I bring this up because that is why we went on building a new elem here, the foundation of the old building did not sit well with the new addition

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the stairs to the building i know are being redone, and don't make fun of dear old ironton high, many thousands of mad tigers , could get you. :shock:

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

please, if it wasn't for Hornet alumi Ironton wouldn't be able to run a city government right now.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thats funny, i don't care who you are. :lol:

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

2trap_4ever wrote:please, if it wasn't for Hornet alumi Ironton wouldn't be able to run a city government right now.

You could say the same thing about how your School District....I do believe it is ran by an Ironton Alumni.... :-D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THATS VERY TRUE TOO.----------------- BROTHER. :)

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

The Instructor wrote:There used to be a lot of NOOKIE in the high school auditorium!

Don't forget about the side stairways from the auditorium.... :lol: :lol:

hamilton86
Waterboy

dear old ironton high

Post by hamilton86 »

I believe some people need to understand its time for a change! These kids deserve the best!! Soooo let the ones that are in control take their liberty. I think the new school is fantastic!! :lol: 8) :lol:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

2trap_4ever wrote:please, if it wasn't for Hornet alumi Ironton wouldn't be able to run a city government right now.

or VFW Post 8850................ :lol:

jbl
Waterboy

Post by jbl »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I'M ACTUALLY PAYING ON ROCK HILL'S NEW SCHOOLS, WHERE I LIVE. BUT I STILL LOVES MY TIGERS. ;-) ;-)

You may pay taxes to the Rock Hill district, but those new schools are paid off. Taxpayers only paid on them for a couple years and then Duke Energy's PILT paid off the debt on the new schools.

Return to “The Off season”