Canceled TV shows....

General Chat
robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

MariettaPride21 wrote:Differnt Strokes

Yeah, I like that'n. However, Gary Coleman grew up, and although he's still a little feller, he just couldn't pass for a grade schooler any more.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

Haha.....he's one weird dude.

Marietta Freshman 7-2!!
robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

"Jake In progress" has been canceled, while the WB's "related" has "concluded". Unlike "Jag" or "3rd Watch", it wasn't given a fitting ending. However, "Related" wasn't exactly a ratings giant. I doubt if either it or "Jake" will be sorely missed.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

"Four Kings" is now "four-GONE!" Just got the axe while ago!

Another dud bites the dust!

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Besides the aforementioned shows, fans of the following shows had best set their VCRs or TIVOs, as their future appears to be short, judging by Mr. Neilsen:

BIG LOVE...HBO drama about a polygamist...I aint seen it & don't plan to, as that kinda stuff aint interesting to me, so I can't comment further.

THE LOOP..."Comedy" about a young airline exec; not too funny, not too watched.

HEIST...About a team of pro robbers and the cops trying to nail'em. it's a whole new take on the cops-n-robbers genre as the crooks & fuzz sometimes interact, with the crooks knowing who the cops are. Good show, but ratings-challenged.

CONVICTION...a Dick Wolf show about the work of some young ADAs(Asst. District Attorneys). NOT a Law & Order spinoff, but the courtroom and ADA office dialogue is similar. Not a bad show, but the airwaves are just too full of the Law & Order theme to sustain another similar show. As a former cop, I can tell you this...The L&O shows are about as realistic cops & courtroom shows as you're ever gonna see in fictional TV.

SONS & DAUGHTERS...another unfunny "comedy" about an extended family living in the same 'hood. Its ratings aint too funny either; airing two episodes a week, Tues. eve. on ABC.

MODERN MEN...The whole premise is stupid and the script is worse; three lifelong male friends hire a "life coach" to help them with women. A monumental waste of Jane Seymour's talent. Shoulda never aired; yet another goof by the WB execs. According to Mr. Neilsen, this'n's going, going...

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

The WB's "What I Like About You" ended last week. Not too bad a show, but it was never a water-cooler-talk ratings hit. Lasted 4 years, a rarity in the WB's Wide World of Garbage.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

CBS is replacing "Out of Practice" and "Courting Alex" with "The Amazing Race". Now, while those two shows haven't been canceled(yet), it doesn't bode well for them to have been yanked this time of year.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Seems "Heist" got the axe today.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I liked the show Revolations on NBC, it aired last year. I would like to see it come back but i have not read anything about it. The WB has a decent show on Wensdays in One Tree Hill. I would not be suprised if someone else did not pick Charmed up and keeps the show going. I would say TNT, but they just do the old shows and i can not really think of any time lately that they have air something new, but TBS could pick them up maybe.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Better TIVO or VCR the following shows if ya like'em; they're quite ratings-deficient now:

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT...Its episode order was cut from 22 to 13. When that occurs for a scripted series, that means it's dead when those episodes are all shown.

THE BEDFORD DIARIES...No one will miss it.

BLUE COLLAR TV...already "on hiatus", replaced by another dud. This means it's history.

JOEY...Put on hiatus a SECOND TIME, after returning to abysmal ratings. That means it's gone.Finally, NBC has gotten it through their thick heads that its audience will NEVER be big enuff to sustain it.

STACKED...Once the novelty of ogling Pam wore off, the show's lack of substance "chicken" came home to roost. It's unofficially outta here, but we know what THAT means....

STILL STANDING....Episode order cut from 22 to 18. Tick...tick...tick...

YES, DEAR...Episode order cut from 22 to 13. Ominous...

SURVIVAL OF THE RICHEST...idiotic concept, cheap reality trash..can't be canceled quick enuff for me.

MODERN MEN...Another stupid concept, an enormous, shameful of Jane Seymour's talent...will bite the dirt any day...

COURTING ALEX...Oughtta have been named "Sominex"...Another loser before it even aired.

And last, but not least, at this time....

FEAR FACTOR....This show featuring roach-eating contests and other culinary delights was on hiatus...but came back to very low viewership. If it doesn't pick up next episode or two, it'll belong to the ages.

David
Waterboy

Post by David »

What website are you getting all this info from?

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

If ya like "Veronica Mars", which to me isn't a bad show, better record it...its ratings are abysmal, and it's going, going............

Same with new show "Pepper Dennis". Good cast, poor storylines...COULD be a good show if it hired writers who could do more than stare at their drinks all day, watching the ice melt. However, this is WB, a net not known for quality, so unfortunately PD is headed outta here.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Neilsens from last week...

Veronica Mars #136

Pepper Dennis # 138

These are not bad shows, but WB has been showing trash so long that nobody's watching.

Other shows in trouble:

SURVIVAL OF THE RICHEST, WB...More reality crap; who cares if it's canceled?

EVE, & CUTS, UPN...not the worst shows material-wise, but ratings-wise, REALLY bad. And ratings are the bottom line.

LOVE, INC., UPN... Another clinker that few will miss.

TRADING SPOUSES, Fox....Another "Who cares?"

WAR AT HOME, fOX...fading fast, only 5.41 viewers last week.

HEIST...and TEACHERS, NBC...Each had Barely 5 million viewers last week

None of these are officially canceled yet, but their future looks grim. I hope COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF perks up!

robycop3
All State

Celebrith Cooking Showdown

Post by robycop3 »

Celebrity Cooking Showdown got the green weenie Thursday from NBC. I never even saw it, but I think it was a rip-off of Iron Chef on the Food Network. I believe it ran three episodes. Apparently people liketa see Kelly Monaco dance, but not Patti Le Belle cook.

fourseam00
Freshman Team

Post by fourseam00 »

deal or no deal

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Seems DOND is pretty hot right now...if NBC doesn't over-expose it as they did Who wantsta be a millionaire?

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Here's a few more that, according to Neilsen, could well be getting Reamed By The Rasping Rod of Rollover within a coupla weex, so ya better fire up yer Tivo or VCR if ya like these:

ABC:

The Evidence
Hot Properties
Noght Stalker
Commander-In-Chief

CBS:

Threshold
Still Standing
Courting Alex

NBC:

Surface
Fear Factor
Sorry, "Joey" fanzz...it's GONE.

FOX:

Arrested Development (At least it appears Fox is gonna run the episodes already made, but they're not making any more.)
Free Ride(It's free ride appearzz OVER!)
Killer Instinct
The Loop
Kitchen Confidential
Reunion (So bad that Fox isn't even gonna air the episodes already "in the can".
Stacked(On hiatus, but its return, due to bottomed-out ratings, is VERY doubtful.)

UPN:

Sex, Love, & Secrets
South Beach
( doubt if too many of you have ever seen either show, but ya aint missed nuffin if ya haint. However, in fairness, thought I'd list'em.)
Veronica Mars(NOT their worst show; considering the resta their garbage, they oughtta give this'n a chance. However, I doubt if it'll make the new WC net.)

WB:

Related (No loss)
The Bedford Diaries( again, no loss.)
Blue Collar TV( On hiatus a second time. Ominous... and I actually liked that show!)
Living With Fran (Production ended; they may show reruns every now & then to fill in for other canceled shows.)
Twins

Again...Remember, these shows haven't been officially canceled, but, according to the past 50 years of TV history, they ARE in reality almost certainly goners. Others will follow, but these are Neilsen cellar-dwellerzz for their respective nets. Thought I'd give ya a hedzz-up in case any of ya like those shows.

masterchief_2
Varsity

Post by masterchief_2 »

The wonder years were sweet

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

masterchief_2 wrote:The wonder years were sweet

that it was.

Return to “The Off season”