Deleted Topic -Steubenville

General Chat
farmer
SEOP

Re: Deleted Topic

Post by farmer »

Just wait even the Ohio Attorney General is against this video being shown.

This case needs to be tried not in the media, not in social media," DeWine said.

He said Anonymous' attempt to shame the alleged attackers had actually harmed the victim.

Not only is the victim hurt by the initial crime, but "every time something goes up on the Internet, the victim is victimized again," DeWine said.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

well said

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

The victim didn't even know they were victimized until a video hit the web. It is amazing to me how stupid so many young people are today. They commit a criminal act against an innocent person or persons, video their actions, and then put it online. What would make them so detached from the reality and gravity of what they had done?

I remember maybe a dozen years or so ago where some guy had killed some young girl. He tossed her body over a hill and it laid there for several days while one member of his high school after another came out and viewed it. Yet, not a single person came forth and called the police until one did several days later. Most - adults would immediately call the police if they witnessed something like this yet a whole high school for days done nothing. The peer pressure around them somehow made them think that their behavior was acceptable. It is never acceptable to molest anybody. It is never acceptable to bully anybody,ever.

Mom used to always say to me as a kid, and I'm sure yours did as well, if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do it too? It sounds silly, but it is good solid advice. Right is right, wrong is wrong… It does not matter what the group says is right around you.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

kantuckyII wrote:The victim didn't even know they were victimized until a video hit the web. It is amazing to me how stupid so many young people are today. They commit a criminal act against an innocent person or persons, video their actions, and then put it online. What would make them so detached from the reality and gravity of what they had done?

I remember maybe a dozen years or so ago where some guy had killed some young girl. He tossed her body over a hill and it laid there for several days while one member of his high school after another came out and viewed it. Yet, not a single person came forth and called the police until one did several days later. Most - adults would immediately call the police if they witnessed something like this yet a whole high school for days done nothing. The peer pressure around them somehow made them think that their behavior was acceptable. It is never acceptable to molest anybody. It is never acceptable to bully anybody,ever.

Mom used to always say to me as a kid, and I'm sure yours did as well, if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do it too? It sounds silly, but it is good solid advice. Right is right, wrong is wrong… It does not matter what the group says is right around you.
Now that was a good, sensible post.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Wow did tucky really write that ? Congratulations

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

I'm trying to read between the lines here but I believe this thread was originally about the Steubenville Rape Case.

If I'm wrong my apologies but if I'm correct then I do not see a reason to start a new thread on this topic.

Anyway here is what I came across on this matter.

localleaks.blog.ru
localleaks.blog.ru

I found that page via the Drudge Report.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Wow! This is getting crazier by the day!
Things already sounded fishy in Steubenville, Ohio, where the alleged gang rape and kidnapping of an unconscious 16-year-old by two of the town's high-school football players has turned into a complex web of accusation, shock, and, well, Instagram photos. But conflicting reports over an already emotional case became that much more complex today when a WikiLeaks-style site dumped new information about team boosters, the town sheriff, and the alleged "Rape Crew" online — information rounded up, of course, by the anonymous hacking collective known as Anonymous.

In case you haven't been following the scandal, it rose to national prominence last month when The New York Times ran a lengthy report from Steubenville, on the August incident and its intersection of football, the law, and social media. Perhaps one quote, from one of Steubenville High's 19 football coaches, best summed up the controversy: "The rape was just an excuse, I think ...What else are you going to tell your parents when you come home drunk like that and after a night like that? She had to make up something. Now people are trying to blow up our football program because of it."

The idea that a rape victim made up her story is still floating around, despite photos of the girl being carried around while allegedly unconscious by her alleged attackers (right). "The city’s police chief begged for witnesses to come forward, but received little response," reported The New York Times's Juliet Macur and Nate Schweber. Therein comes the cover-up angle that would attract the attention of the folks behind Anonymous— this is a massive football town, after all. The photo in question was on Instagram, so there were definitely witnesses. And according to the Times there was a video of the alleged incident which has since been lost:

Afterward, they headed to the home of one football player who has now become a witness for the prosecution. That player told the police that he was in the back seat of his Volkswagen Jetta with Mays and the girl when Mays proceeded to flash the girl’s breasts and penetrate her with his fingers, while the player videotaped it on his phone. The player, who shared the video with at least one person, testified that he videotaped Mays and the girl “because he was being stupid, not making the right choices.” He said he later deleted the recording.

"Other students (including football players) who watched the alleged assaults and later tweeted rape jokes were disciplined only months afterward," reported Deadspin's Sam Eifling.

Further information, too, has been hard to come by — until today. A site called Local Leaks has rounded up leaks, anonymous tips through Anonymous, and previously undisclosed documents, all for the purpose of what it says is a project "giving a voice to the victim of this horrible crime, and began unraveling this conspiracy of silence designed to protect a group of these high school football players." Here's what you'll find inside and surrounding what the two groups are calling The Steubenville Files:

Jim Parks, who runs this "Roll Red Roll" fansite for the football team, "revealed that he had an exceptionally close relationship with many of the players on the football team, including those members of 'The Rape Crew.'" Anonymous has hacked his email, which apparently contains some provocative pictures of young women. Local Leaks says: "Tips received from anonymous high school students in Steubenville have indicated it is possible James Parks was receiving images from 'The Rape Crew' of their 'various conquests.'"
Parks has defended himself:
As you are probably aware, this web site was recently hacked into illegally numerous times by a terrorist group. The outrageous claims they made while controlling this site were totally false, completely absurd, and totally unfounded. They were clearly both libelous and slanderous, and were not even intended to reveal truth, but rather simply to get media attention and terrorize the Steubenville community. Innocent people have been greatly harmed.

Unfortunately, several national media outlets, including the New York Times, have recklessly decided to aid and abet these acts of illegality and give the terrorists exactly what they wanted by disseminating inaccurate and legally actionable information and accusations. Incredibly, they have done so without even bothering to contact this web site for comment.
We wish to make it clear that we will pursue legal justice against the perpetrators of these evil acts and all of those in the media who chose to help them.
(No, we're not sure how The New York Times decided to "recklessly decided to aid and abet these acts of illegality" by reporting on the town, but there you have it.)

The hackers think the "Rape Crew" consists of more than two people. As LocalLeaks notes, Trent Mays and Malik Richmond, the two boys charged with the rape, have been released on bail and had their cases moved to the juvenile system. LocalLeaks posted the names of two more students — the boy who tweeted out the picture of the girl being dragged around, and the boy whose house was where the rape allegedly occurred. The leak suggests that the boy who hosted the party in question was not punished because his mother is the prosecuting attorney for Jefferson County, where Steubenville is located.

The Sheriff for Jefferson County is allegedly a friend of the football team. "LocalLeaks has confirmed that Sheriff Abdalla and Head Football Coach Reno A. Saccoccia have breakfast a couple of times a week together at the Spot Bar in Steubenville," reads the leak.

Head Football Coach Reno Saccoccia reportedly has links to the juvenile court system. "Reno Saccoccia’s sister in law, Marguierete Clark – is the secretary for the juvenile court Judge Kerr. Coach Saccoccia is actually employed as a mediator in juvenile court system!" reads the leak.

Saccoccia has already been scrutinized for not taking disciplanary action when the photos surfaced. From The New York Times report:
Saccoccia, pronounced SOCK-otch, told the principal and school superintendent that the players who posted online photographs and comments about the girl the night of the parties said they did not think they had done anything wrong. Because of that, he said, he had no basis for benching those players.
Approached in November to be interviewed about the case, Saccoccia said he did not "do the Internet," so he had not seen the comments and photographs posted online from that night. When asked again about the players involved and why he chose not to discipline them, he became agitated.
"You made me mad now," he said, throwing in several expletives as he walked from the high school to his car.
Nearly nose to nose with a reporter, he growled: "You're going to get yours. And if you don't get yours, somebody close to you will."

The documents and tips funneled through Anonymous are just that — anonymous — and so it's impossible to verify much if any of the new allegations. Local Leaks does claim that "all the LocalLeaks volunteers began working around the clock to organize, analyze, fact-check, verify – and prepare this disclosure for release." They add:

Finally, we KNOW from the evidence that there are not only more attackers in this “Rape Crew” out there that need to be apprehended and brought to justice, but we are absolutely certain there are more victims as well. If you have been victimized by these young men, we BEG of you to PLEASE come forward. Tell your parents, confide in a counselor – anything. If you trust no one else, then contact us – we will keep you safe and work with you to help you receive the justice you deserve.

Update 3:12 p.m. Anonymous was able to recover a video which a former Steubenville student, described in the video as Michael Nodianos, made several comments and joked about the alleged victim on the night of the alleged rape. Referring to her as "dead girl," he says in the video: "They raped her more than the Duke lacrosse team" along with some other "jokes" about her unconsciousness which he seems to find funny. Warning—this is pretty disgusting:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Ohio State issues statement regarding alleged rape in Steubenville

Ohio State released a statement Friday regarding an alleged rape that occurred in Steubenville, Ohio, a town of about 18,000.

Steubenville, which is located just less than 200 miles from Columbus, finds itself in the national spotlight after two 16-year-old Steubenville High School football players, Ma’lik Richmond and Trent Mays, were charged with raping a 16-year-old girl at a string of parties in August.

“Sexual assault is a terrible act of aggression and violence, and our hearts go out to all victims,” the statement reads. “The situation in Steubenville is particularly disturbing, and our thoughts are with those affected.”

In particular, OSU’s release comes after a video taken on the night of those parties started to make its way around the Internet Wednesday.

The video, which can be found under different names on YouTube, features Michael Nodianos, a Steubenville High School graduate and former OSU student, talking and laughing about the alleged rape for more than 12 minutes amid a group huddled in what appears to be a living room.

Nodianos, who has not been accused or charged of any crimes, could not be found on “Find People,” OSU’s staff, faculty and student directory, Friday, though such information (his name, university email address and major) was accessible Thursday.

Nodianos did not respond to The Lantern's request for comment.

While the university cites that it is “not at liberty to comment” because of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations, the school confirmed through its statement that “the student in question” was in attendance at the university “only through Dec. 12.”

According to “Find People,” Nodianos was an electrical and computer engineering major.
Nodianos, a former Big Red baseball player, according to a nearly 6,000-word story in the New York Times, opens the video by making “she’s deader than” analogies regarding the alleged victim, who did not die, but was reportedly unconscious during the alleged rapes.

According to the Times, Richmond and Mays are under house arrest and awaiting a trial that has been set for Feb. 13.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I was 150% right in posting this to start with. I should have trusted my instincts and not let any made me feel otherwise. The video by anoymomus is wild. I couldn't imagine being smart enough to hack into everyone's PC and phones too

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Tuck, I know you mean well, but the link you posted has very sexually graphic material and also has the names of the minors involved in this case. Do you really want that on this site? It may actually be illegal to have that on here.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, point taken, but my feelings were that if some young guys could see that from the outside, they might realize just how sick these guys were and the real gravity of their actions. I do appreciate what you're saying though.

Much of this is all on main stream media now anyway. It's even gaining international exposure. I bet other Ohio school programs will have some examining light cast on them now too. I believe the impact of this is only starting to mushroom

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."

Kantucky II you are 100% correct in addressing this issue on this site. 

You have a pm from me

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Thank you! I appreciated it. Again, it is my hope that some kids will see this and realize, looking from the outside, just how sick this whole thing is and that there's something seriously missing in these boy's makeup (and apparently, girls too because I'd venture to guess there were other girls there as well)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

As a matter of a fact, when the facts are all sorted out about this. I'd love to see discussions center around it with schools all across the state and nation. Being proactive might stop some of this behavior in the future and spare a lot of young people's lifes being filled with misery

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

Sorry, but my eyes don't see any "kids" in this video. I see people with no respect for humanity and the laws of God and our country.

The person doing most of the talking in the video stated right off that he is an adult. He was at OSU this fall semester. Most of the people in the video appear old enough to be adults or to be held accountable as adults. They are so proud of this video that they spoke about watching it 10 years from now.

The "other" sports message board that most posters on here were/are members has this scandal as front-page news. It has a link to take you to the video. NY Times has the video embedded on their Website. This is a major story centered around high school sports in Ohio.

If one of the guys involved in this mess was my son, I would personally drive him to jail and dump him off!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Tuck, I know you mean well, but the link you posted has very sexually graphic material and also has the names of the minors involved in this case. Do you really want that on this site? It may actually be illegal to have that on here.
Cops don't like people showing vidoes depicting juvenile sexual situations,don't know if they would jump on this, but a lot of people have gotten in trouble over junvenile sexually oriented material on their computers.I notice some of these vidoes on you tube has been removed

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

henrysteele wrote:Sorry, but my eyes don't see any "kids" in this video. I see people with no respect for humanity and the laws of God and our country.

The person doing most of the talking in the video stated right off that he is an adult. He was at OSU this fall semester. Most of the people in the video appear old enough to be adults or to be held accountable as adults. They are so proud of this video that they spoke about watching it 10 years from now.

The "other" sports message board that most posters on here were/are members has this scandal as front-page news. It has a link to take you to the video. NY Times has the video embedded on their Website. This is a major story centered around high school sports in Ohio.

If one of the guys involved in this mess was my son, I would personally drive him to jail and dump him off!
Well said!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I saw this on CNN last night. They tried to interview the coach, but he had no comment for the reporter.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

The more I think about this, the more PM's and Emails I've received on this, I am feeling better and better about posting this. This doesn't and shouldn't be buried. It should be out in the limelight so their behavior can be scrutinized and discussed.

The city of Steubenville now has launched a website to bring forth facts as 'they know them or see them now' http://steubenvillefacts.squarespace.com/

All in all it would seem to be their saying, we disgusted by the actions of more than these two but we can't do anything about it without some more hard evidence

From the site:
Nothing in Ohio’s criminal statutes makes it a crime for someone to ridicule a rape victim on a video or otherwise say horrible things about another person. Further, nothing in the law allows someone who says repugnant things on Twitter, Facebook, or other Internet sites to be criminally charged for such statements. Steubenville Police investigators are caring humans who recoil and are repulsed by many of the things th

ey observe during an investigation. Like detectives in every part of America and the world, they are often frustrated when they emotionally want to hold people accountable for certain detestable behavior but realize that there is no statute that allows a criminal charge to be made.

-Rules governing prosecutors and law enforcement significantly limit what they can say to the news media or the public before the case goes to trial. Violating those rules can result in the charges being dismissed against the people charged in a case.

-With respect to other charges that could be brought aside from allegations of sexual assault, prosecutors and police have up to two years (for misdemeanors) and up to six years (for felonies) to bring charges. Often, charges are deferred until after a trial, to evaluate the sworn testimony of witnesses at the trial.
Seeing how this site is to cover prep sports, (and especially, football) I think this is VERY news worthy and of interest to it's readers.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The Oaf wrote:
henrysteele wrote:Sorry, but my eyes don't see any "kids" in this video. I see people with no respect for humanity and the laws of God and our country.

Well said!

same here

Return to “The Off season”