Plane leaving New York crashes into

General Chat
OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Plane leaving New York crashes into

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

The Hudson River, all 150 passengers were got out of the water and plane OK.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Plane leaving New York crashes into

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I just read this on www.yahoo.com.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

What a miracle! I wonder is someone who was on board is now singing to themselves Ricky Skagg's "Somebody's Praying"? I do believe I sure would be!

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I have been watching this on the news. And I must say that it is amazing that all were rescued safely! I know that all the facts are not out yet, but thus far it appears that the pilot deserves a lot of credit for saving so many lives. And who would have ever guessed that a flock of geese could do that to a plane?

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Is that what caused it? :122246 :122246

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

Thank to the pilot and God that everyone survived.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Thanks to God who guided the pilot to land the plane safely it was not their time to go

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I sure hope I dont have to move this to the politics forum. :122245 :122245

Bubblegumhuffy
Riding the Bench

Post by Bubblegumhuffy »

Pretty crazy that it was still completely intact after hitting the water. That took one heck of a Pilot. Glad to see everyone was alright.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Is that what caused it? :122246 :122246

Thants what was on the news, I dont think anything is offical but thats what is being reported.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

kantuckyII wrote:What a miracle! I wonder is someone who was on board is now singing to themselves Ricky Skagg's "Somebody's Praying"? I do believe I sure would be!

Not a "miracle" from on high - just good people doing good jobs at their job - just as they do every day and were trained to do in dealing with an emergency!
GOOD, attentive, hard-working, talented, skilled, well-trained, and experienced PEOPLE at all levels of involvement are what produced this fortunate outcome!

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

caglewis, you are wise beyond years. Thanks for saying it.

It will be my pleasure if ever I meet you.

jerry

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Unless that was a private chartered plane of 'Atheist of America' ;-) ...I'm sure that as that pilot was struggling to land that plane, there were passengers on board who were calling out to God (perhaps this pilot too) to save them and a while I'd be the first one to remark and give credit to the pilot and crew and congratulate them for their remarkable job, I believe that God does answer the prayers of people who call out to Him as well. Sometimes the answer is no...and sometimes, like today, the answer is yes.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Fido, saw on the Today show that the pilot is an ex-Air Force fighter jock and a skilled glider pilot.......gotta hand it to them fellas in the blue........... :!: :!:

sportsfanatic85
Varsity

Post by sportsfanatic85 »

I am sure that was a scary situation for all of those involved.

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

kantuckyII wrote:Unless that was a private chartered plane of 'Atheist of America' ;-) ...I'm sure that as that pilot was struggling to land that plane, there were passengers on board who were calling out to God (perhaps this pilot too) to save them and a while I'd be the first one to remark and give credit to the pilot and crew and congratulate them for their remarkable job, I believe that God does answer the prayers of people who call out to Him as well. Sometimes the answer is no...and sometimes, like today, the answer is yes.

I agree :122246

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

I found it amazing that they saw that flock of geese on radar since a flock of geese won't show up on radar. That's the report I heard this morning. NOT trying to start anything, just saying hhhmmmm.

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

Here is a security video of the plane landing in the water. You'll see the plane at about the 2 minute mark from the left side of the screen. A few seconds later the camera will zoom in on the passengers exiting the plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiIZUF6oN-A

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

PurpleBlood1 wrote:I found it amazing that they saw that flock of geese on radar since a flock of geese won't show up on radar. That's the report I heard this morning. NOT trying to start anything, just saying hhhmmmm.

It was doppler weather radar. I heard it said that the return could have been some form of precipitation but would also have been consistant with a large flock of birds and there was no precipitation falling anywhere in the area at that time.

I also heard today that they found the broken-off engine in the Hudson and retrieved it today. This accident has the potential to yield an enormous amount of information because all the witnesses survived and the plane was not damaged by fire - information that can be put to use in design, procedure, and training protocol changes or reinforcement to produce other good emergency outcomes.

Return to “The Off season”