Remember Angela Garbarino Who Was Beaten By Cop?

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Remember Angela Garbarino Who Was Beaten By Cop?

Post by kantuckyII »

I wondered what ever become of the case. First, I gotta say, she sure brought a lot on herself with her behavior there was no excuse for it but..on the other side of the coin, the police officer was way out of line too, especially turning off the video camera. I just don't buy she got those injuries from falling but..seeing how he turned of the camera, and then she was lying in a large pool of blood, who would know?

Here's the video of the incident

And here is the result of it. I had wondered what had happened. She sure settled this quick
National attention was focused on Shreveport in February when Angela Garbarino was found badly bruised and lying in a pool of her own blood in a room at the Shreveport Police Department following her arrest for DWI. Video from the interrogation room shows Garbarino struggling to get away from officer Wiley Willis. It cuts off then shows her on the floor in the blood. The Mooringsport woman says Willis turned the video off and beat her. The video and Garbarino's accusations led to the case being reviewed by the Caddo district attorney's office and the FBI. Willis was fired for violating departmental policies. Garbarino received a $400,000 out-of-court settlement. The city also agreed to drop all charges against her.

swbaseballfan
All State

Re: Remember Angela Garbarino Who Was Beaten By Cop?

Post by swbaseballfan »

i dont know what keeps cops from snapping more often. they put up with a lot from criminals. looks like this cop took it a little too far though

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

ha! you reckon?! :lol: she kinda looks like Edwena Sissorhands :122246

not only did he take it..uh, 'too far' I think he probably violated every procedure on the books here. He should have got a couple more cops...and he should have kept that camera running.

Yeah, she sure isn't innocent here though. That's would seem to be indisputable. Had he not done what he did..I'd think she'd been getting some more charges on her and understandably so. I don't know how they keep their cool sometimes either.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

He should have never turned the video recorder off and he should of had another Officer in the room, preferrably a female Officer.

That must of been one heck of a fall to sustain all of that on her face. :122246

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Glad to see the trash was fired from his job of protecting the citizens in his town.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

I deleted my own post on another thread? But I can't help myself...WHAT IS WITH THE DISRESPECT?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is absolutely ridiculous on here.

Law enforcement officers are public servants, but they are not perfect. You are dreaming if you think cops will always make the right decision. Granted, this fool embarrassed the whole profession, but that stress comes with the job.

Too many Americans treat Med/fire like they are perfect saviors, yet treat police like they are just trying to hurt them. It's terrible. Let's show more respect for those behind the badge. When it all comes down to it, they are just like you and me.

And btw, if you think you are so much better than these ladies and gentlemen, go get certified, get a commission and start protecting!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

The cop broke the law. If we have a bad day or a very stressful situation, we can't just pummel someone, can we? He should have done as OHbuckeye1 stated. Had he done that..the situation would probably have been under control and this woman would have gotten additional charges

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

whodeyAtown21 wrote:I deleted my own post on another thread? But I can't help myself...WHAT IS WITH THE DISRESPECT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Law enforcement officers are public servants, but they are not perfect. You are dreaming if you think cops will always make the right decision. Granted, this fool embarrassed the whole profession, but that stress comes with the job.

Too many Americans treat Med/fire like they are perfect saviors, yet treat police like they are just trying to hurt them. It's terrible. Let's show more respect for those behind the badge. When it all comes down to it, they are just like you and me.

And btw, if you think you are so much better than these ladies and gentlemen, go get certified, get a commission and start protecting!

That's where I think you are wrong. While I respect their authority and commend them on the job they do, I believe a lot of them let that position of authority go to their heads and take it a little to the extreme and actually believe they are above the law because they are the law.

Just my two cents.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

whodeyAtown21 wrote:I deleted my own post on another thread? But I can't help myself...WHAT IS WITH THE DISRESPECT?!?!?!?!?!?!

I do , the honest ones..............

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

if i was a cop i'd get fired the first day......."well mam, you were going 25 mph over the legal speed limit, what do you think we should do to fix this problem?"

you would see me on the HBO version of the show cops, it would be more like taxi cab confesions :twisted:

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

Law enforcement officers need to have some degree of "invincibility" about them, but always remember they are a public servant.

Cops like this take it WAY too far. But a lot of people look at law enforcement in a very hateful and negative way and that really sucks.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

whodeyAtown21 wrote:Law enforcement officers need to have some degree of "invincibility" about them, but always remember they are a public servant.

Cops like this take it WAY too far. But a lot of people look at law enforcement in a very hateful and negative way and that really sucks.

Maybe that's beacause at one time or another they have treated like crap by an overlly aggressive an obnoxious cop.

whodeyAtown21
SEOPS

Post by whodeyAtown21 »

I guess every profession has a negative stereotype, but hating a cop is like spitting in the face of an EMT or firefighter.

Return to “The Off season”