What is the worst concert you ever attended?

General Chat
Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

85inside
S

Re: What is the worst concert you ever attended?

Post by 85inside »

I am a big fan of what Billy Rayn Cyrus has done with his life. I am a big fan of anyone who can take a little and make a lot out of it. All of this being said, he gave what is easily the worst performance i have ever seen about 3 years ago at the Paramount in Ashland Kentucky. He played for only about an hour and i paid the same price to see him, that I have paid to see Dwight Yoakum twice.
I love ya Billy Ray, but that night, you stunk up the joint.

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

for reasons that had nothing to do with the performers, It would easily be The Steve Miller Band in Columbus, about 10 years ago. The music was good , but the ppl I was with....well lets jsut say they had "to much fun" and I ended up babsitting all night. But now we look back and laugh, I do have very entertaining stories about that night, :twisted: :122245 even though he denies them.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Sawyer Brown was great Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton was great
but Lee Greenwood was a horses A$$! he told people to stop laying things on the stage for him he didn't want them :122246 and what was there would be tossed..

Then Kenny Rogers came out and told the crowd any flowers laid on the stage would go to a nursing home or hospital and thanked everyone for their gifts!!!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

probably why Lee greenwood has been married like 5 times!! LOL

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I went to a Kenny Rogers concert years and years ago, before his facelift. I will give singers a break singing the songs they do night after night but that night he forgot the words to a song and started asking the audience the lyrics. It happened thru a couple more songs. If I hadn't gone with some friends I would have left early.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Mouth's Better Half wrote:I went to a Kenny Rogers concert years and years ago, before his facelift. I will give singers a break singing the songs they do night after night but that night he forgot the words to a song and started asking the audience the lyrics. It happened thru a couple more songs. If I hadn't gone with some friends I would have left early.

:122246 I saw him back in the late 80's wow that is sad I love him!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I LOVE WAYLON, AND SEEN HIM AT LEAST 10 TIMES. BUT ONE NIGHT IN HUNTINTON, HE WAS SO DRUNK , HE COULD NOT REMEMBER HIS OWN LYRICS. AND TALKING ABOUT THIS BLONDE STANDING BESIDE ONE OF THE SPEAKERS. HE HAD HER COME OUT ON STAGE , AND MADE ABIG FUSS OVER HER. THEN HIS FAMOUS WIFE JESSI COLTER CAME UP ON STAGE AND LET HIM HAVE AN EARFUL. THAT PART WAS GREAT. :122245

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

The up most worst I have ever seen was the Statler Brothers. I lived in Ft Stewart Ga and when my Ex was in Saudi, they gave us spouses free tickets to see the Statlers in Savannah. I went with a friend, and the Statlers acted like they just didn't want to be there! They gave very little effort singing their songs....then when the acting Post Commander, wanted to present them with a 24th Mech shirt, they didn't seem appreciative about it at all. Post Commander just wanted to let them know how much we appreciated them being there, and preforming for the soldiers families. Half of us just wanted to get up and walk out...I mean before we went to the concert, we were down on River Street celebrating St Paddys day, and we left that to go watch the Statler Brothers!!! What a mistake...that green beer was alot better than the Statlers!!LOL

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

I'm sad I love the Statlers and figured they were great in concert!

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

I went to see Alabama at Legend Valley right after they were name the Artist Of The Decade back in 1989. They put on a terrible show and I never cared for them after that show.

Alsio on the card was Billy Joe Royal, the Forrester Sister, Lee Greenwood and Clint Black. Everyone out performed Alabama. Lee Greenwood and Clint Black were without the best of the day.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

If this counts we were on chilly street in Portsmouth a few years ago. They had a band up at 9 pm but the lead singer/guitarest was a no show. They tried to play with out him for a hour or so, then he showed up still with his Bob Evans attire on. They made him work overtime. They sounded pretty good after he joined in.

Sweet Pea
Freshman Team

Post by Sweet Pea »

By far the worst i have seen - Don Henley , 1990, in Columbus. He came out and sang for about 50 minutes, went backstage and then came back out and played one more song. He sang about all of his new album and like 2 or 3 eagles songs....very disappointing!!!

late
sweetpea

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Runner wrote:I went to see Alabama at Legend Valley right after they were name the Artist Of The Decade back in 1989. They put on a terrible show and I never cared for them after that show.

Alsio on the card was Billy Joe Royal, the Forrester Sister, Lee Greenwood and Clint Black. Everyone out performed Alabama. Lee Greenwood and Clint Black were without the best of the day.

Runner, I was at that same concert and I agree Alabama was pretty lame that day.

My worst concert I ever saw was the 2nd time I saw Aerosmith. It was in 1977 or 1978 at Charleston Civic Center. Steven Tyler came out on stage carrying a half empty bottle of Jack Daniels amd he proceeded to try to empty it through the first few songs. He was so drunk he almost fell a couple of times and I believe his microphone was all that was keeping him standing. They started Train Kept A Rollin' and he forgot the words and stopped the song. They started it again and he was mumbling through and forgot the words again and stopped again and that's when people started booing and throwing things at the stage. They started again and once again he couldn't get it right and people were really booing loudly and throwing all kind of things at the stage and the band walked off the stage. They eventually brought the warm up band back out and they played another set.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Kid Rock in Huntington around 2002.

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

mattash wrote:Kid Rock in Huntington around 2002.

Maybe he was so bad because he hung out with me and my band that whole day at Shooters. ;-)

sportsfanatic85
Varsity

Post by sportsfanatic85 »

I would have to say the sugarland and little big town concert. It was not the music, it was great. It was the seating arrangements, people kept getting out of their seats and walking in front of us and up and down the isles. The people behind us were totally plastered and the couples next to us and in front of us were to busy to watch a concert. I think it would have been more enjoyable with different seats. It wouldn't have bothered me so bad, but there were several young children sitting near
us, and the drunks were loud and carrying on, cursing, and stumbling around in the isles near us. Again, the music was awesome.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

styx and reo speedwagon in huntington about 4 years ago. the bands were great but the people were terrible. throwing gum and other stuff all around. i see a trend develping in huntington with the posts on here. stay away from huntington concerts. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Return to “The Off season”