Christian Singer Admits He Is Gay.

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Christian Singer Admits He Is Gay.

Post by kantuckyII »

someoverkill wrote:Im dumb, could you give me that example one more time?

mine? I wasn't talking about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit but rather, those who are described in the Book of Jude

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

Thanks for the explanation bassmaster. So other than that, all sin is basically the same? I'll buy that.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

someoverkill wrote:Thanks for the explanation bassmaster. So other than that, all sin is basically the same? I'll buy that.

Welcome. That's the way I read in interpret the bible.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

First, have to put my disclaimer here: All sins, any sin, makes us a sinner before God and causes us to be lost and without hope other than through grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

Now then, what are the both of you going to say about how different offenses that were/are met with different punishment and rebuke? I can't believe that you're willing to concede that one sin is greater but won't entertain that some sins bring greater condemnation than others.

ALL SINS separate us from God but...to suppose for an instant that God isn't capable of seeing the difference between different offenses would boggle the mind and it would seem to me that it gives a distorted image of God.

What did Christ say to Pilate as He stood before him? "Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin" Greater sin....

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

i was just as shocked as the next person to hear the news. what gets me the most is that ive been to youth nights at church where the song "thank you" was the invitation song and when it was over, the alter was lined youth, repenting of their sins. that bothers me so much to think that ray had such a gift for drawing people to salvation, and now hes left that gift for a sinners life. so sad...

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Ray wasn't doing the drawing.....I would give that credit to the Holy Spirit. If God can use a donkey He can use any of us. We are just vessels that God uses. ;-)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Bassmaster wrote:Ray wasn't doing the drawing.....I would give that credit to the Holy Spirit. If God can use a donkey He can use any of us. ;-)

Good one...

also, don't forget that Paul spoke of those who were preaching the Gospel, not because they believed it, or that they were wanting in furthered but simply to draw more attacks down on Paul! The Word says about it:
notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

I've been going to church every sunday since i was 6(12 years) & i believe in the bible just as much as any christian but I do not think being Homo-Sexual is a sin. It is just simply, a choice. None of us can judge them, that's HIS job, not ours.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

It is just simply, a choice

Uh..isn't all sin 'a choice' ;-)

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Yeah it is a choice and going to church does not make you anymore a Christian than walking in a garage makes you a mechanic. Even if homosexuality wasn't a sin fornication is. There are a lot of things that I "think" that are right or wrong and then I find that my thoughts are not the same as His thoughts. You better blow the dust off your bible and do a little research. ;-)

godsgeneral
Freshman Team

Post by godsgeneral »

Philos_Finest wrote:I've been going to church every sunday since i was 6(12 years) & i believe in the bible just as much as any christian but I do not think being Homo-Sexual is a sin. It is just simply, a choice. None of us can judge them, that's HIS job, not ours.

Once, while driving, I slowly pulled out around someone who was turning right at an intersection. A mile down the road I saw flashing lights and could not figure out why I was being pulled over. The state trooper said that I could not legally pass someone at an intersection as I did, therefore, was given a ticket. At that time, I was sure that it was okay, I had never heard of such a law. My passing was innocent enough and certainly didn't hurt anyone. However, the judge thought differently. He told me that my interpretation of the law didn't change it and I was still guilty. Nevertheless, I paid the penalty and learned not to do it again.

One day, we all will stand before the Supreme Judge. Our interpretation of His book isn't going to matter much. If He says something is a sin, then it is sin. Whether you or I "believe" it or not. It may seem innocent enough or culturally relevent but He's not buying it. We must know the word in its context, not by what someone "thinks" it means.

cgllmom
Waterboy

Post by cgllmom »

I just talked with my sister on this subject yesterday. She ended up leaving a little peeved at me. People are not born homosexual it is a choice to commit a sin. If you have these feelings you pray that God will give you stregth to overcome and you pray believing He can do this. To be homosexual is the same as to be an adulterer, a drug abuser, and alcoholic, etc. You must believe that God can take the burden from you and He will. The Christian singer who admits he is gay, isn't living for Christ or singing for Christ. He does need our prayers just as any other sinners need our prayers. We are ALL sinners, but throu the blood of Our Lord Jesus we can be free from our sin. If we hear His voice and hear Him knock at our hearts and we reject him we have them blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. Let's all pray one for another and know that God is able to deliver us. God Bless You All!!!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

A good friend of mine is a Christian counselor and he has helped many homosexuals deal with their sin down through the years. He will tell you that over 90% of the homosexuals that he has counseled have told him that they were molested as small children by adult homosexuals, and many times they were family members. They weren't born gay and certainly had no choice in the matter. That is the only way they can reproduce their kind.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

The throwing stones card doesn't work on this one. It's about warning people about the deception about relationships and what God has to say about them. I would much rather hear the truth now than to hear about it when it's too late.

From the NIV bible

1 Corinthians 6:9-11

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHO IS IT, I WAS SCARED TO LOOK, AFRAID YOU ALL WAS PULLING ONE ON US.

Return to “The Off season”