Post by RiverRatZap »

The Virgin Mary Pretzel auction is going on NOW on Ebay! :lol:

Listing

It's already up to $20,356.00 :shock:

ballparent
S

Re: Better Hurry!!!!!!

Post by ballparent »

Over $20,000 dollars...is that crazy or what? :lol: I've got some burnt toast that if you look at it just right, in just the right light you can see Elvis. I should auction it, I might make a fortune.

Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

I have an iron that you can see the face of Jesus on the bottom of it....wonder how much it would bring?

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I will love to watch this one!

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

Only 1 day 4 hours left. Kantucky you better get to bidding!! :mrgreen:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Im not sure,,but cant you make them pretzels in any shape youw want when you are fixing them?

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

Description

Virgin Mary Pretzel Replica!!

Why pay $10,000.00 or more for the original when you can still pay thousands but thousands less for a replica??

I am broke with a darn good sense of humor! Have heart and know not only did you help someone who could REALLY use thousands of dollars but I made you laugh as well! Now hurry and bid today before someone copy’s my replica idea!

Only 1 pretzel will be sold (the rest will be eaten!)

*** ACT NOW: And get your DVD copy of "The Making of the Virgin Mary Pretzel Replica!" - DVD comes to you Autographed by me, to be cherished for minutes then later sold on EBay or posted on YouTube whichever comes first!

Additional DVD footage: "The Blessing of The Virgin Mary Pretzel Replica" as we have our local priest "Bless Your Replica Pretzel" before delivery!

Pretzel comes complete with a certificate of authenticity 1 of 1 Pretzel card!

Note: I make no claims or warranty that I am the original person to sell the "Virgin Mary Pretzel". I am merely riding their coat tails because I am broke and need it more than they do!

Army
S

Post by Army »

Be sure you let KantuckyII know about this :!: :-D

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

This is almost as good.....four strands of what "may" be Washinton's hair sold for $17,000. :shock:
Strands of hair, possibly George Washington’s, sold for $17,000
Feb 23, 2008 @ 01:30 PM
By The Associated Press
Herald-Dispatch.com
LEXINGTON, Ky. — The auction didn’t get hairy — it wasn’t even a first in the country — but four strands of what may be George Washington’s hair sold at auction for $17,000.

A man from Richmond, Ky., bought the hair during an auction Friday night. The buyer declined to give his name.

Christa Allen, a Colorado woman who once lived in Owsley County, sold them. Allen said she got the hair, which was pressed under glass in a locket and accompanied by a watch, from her father, a Philadelphia attorney.

Jamie Bates, owner of Thompson & Riley, which auctioned the hair, had hoped the auction would bring at least $75,000.

“I’ve never sold George Washington’s hair before; I don’t know,” Bates said before the auction.

Allen told potential buyers how the hair was handed down from person to person since it was clipped from Washington. The Historical Society of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, looked at Allen’s evidence and gave her its backing.

Eric James, president of The James Preservation Trust, discussed the chain of ownership of the hairs from the time Washington was briefly disinterred and his hair snipped in 1837.

While presidential hair sales are rare, its not unheard of.

In the 18th and 19th centuries, celebrity hair procurement was common: People collected snippets of hair as remembrances, making hair wreaths or hair jewelry from the locks of the departed.

But, handicapping a hair sale is tough. Confirming the root of the hair — particularly hair as old as Washington’s — is an exacting process borrowing in equal parts from history, heredity and luck.

Easier for collectors is to follow the lineage of a lock of Elvis Presley’s pompadour.

Allen said she’s holding on to a few strands of Washington’s locks. Allen didn’t give a heads up as to what she planned to do with the hair.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Just goes to show how stupid we are as a race.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I left something in the toilet the other day that looked a little like George Bush. Maybe I should have fished it out and sold it on Ebay.

Of course, now that I think about it, most of what I leave in the toilet reminds me of President Bush.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thats a hoot bg77, i never thought of it that way. i musta done the same this evening, but he had some LONG LEGS. ER, IT COULD HAVE BEEN EARS. :) :) :) :)

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I left something in the toilet the other day that looked a little like George Bush. Maybe I should have fished it out and sold it on Ebay.

Of course, now that I think about it, most of what I leave in the toilet reminds me of President Bush.

:shock: :lol:

Return to “The Off season”