WARNING: If You Own One Of The Following Cars..............

General Chat
Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

We had a 2000 Ford Windstar that started having tranny problems.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

my Mom had a 95 taurus and the tranny went out around 70,000, she had it rebuilt for somehwere around 18 hundred, only to have it go out 9 months later, the garage that did it went out of buisness before that so she just lost out.

Tartanblues Mom also owns this same car, and hers went out as she was out of state at a funeral, it cost her a lot of money to have it rebuilt also.

OZZIOHIO can tell you about the Sables.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

It is things like this that explain why so many Americans buy foreign automobiles. It seems like something is always going wrong with American cars. You rarely hear bad things happening to Toyotas.

If we are supposed to buy American cars (and I'm sure most of us would like to buy American cars), then the American automobile industry needs to get with the program and learn a thing or two from the Japanese.

Philly
All Conference

Post by Philly »

This is exactly why we bought a 2007 Toyota Rav last year. We had never bought a foreign car until last year. We had so much trouble with our ford aerostar, and I can't even tell you how much money our Dodge Ram truck cost us! It was hard to not buy a American car last year...my poor father is probably rolling in his grave...but we were looking at the cost and how much money it would take to keep this car for as many years as it would run. WE didn't want to buy another one anytime soon. So, when we went out shopping for a new car last year, we never even looked at a American made car.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

i was starting to get worried with it being a ford problem. i have a 93 ranger but they're not on that list

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

gahs4ever wrote:Brutus: Do a word seacrh on 1993 Ford Ranger customer complaints and see what turns up. I didnt look up that particular car, but maybe you might learn something about Rangers.

I know Ive learned more about Ford transmissions in the last week than I ever thought I would.

or you ever WANTED TO KNOW!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

MY WORD, WHAT WERE YOU DOING THAT CAUSED THIS, MOST UNFORTUNATE ACCIDENT TO HAPPEN. WERE YOU BRINGING HOME GROCERIES FOR THE WEEKEND. --------THEY'LL ONLY HAUL SO MUCH. :shock:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

I bleed Ford Blue, wouldn't have anything else. 8)

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I had a 98 Taurus that I picked up from the dealer in April 1998. Went 160,000 miles, and the transmission went out. Had the thing gutted and rebuilt, and at 225,000 miles, the transmission puked out again. Otherwise, was a great car. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Took $500 on trade (it was worth alot more parted out), and didn't look back.

The only automatic transmission I've ever owned, and my last. Went back to a manual transmission, and don't have to worry about it...

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

ma and pa have a 99 windstar I will warn them...

I haven't owned a ford since I had a areostar van hardly any miles and the thing was making noises in the front in traded it off for a astro best move we ever did.
I had a Ford Tempo nothing but problems! It ended up burning up!
We had a Taurus in 1987 it would die driving down the road for no reason :shock:

But I am looking at Honda for the next vehicle

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

Return to “The Off season”