handicapped window hangers............................

General Chat
tigerfan83
Freshman Team

handicapped window hangers............................

Post by tigerfan83 »

OVERRATED!
Almost everyone has one.
Even people that walk better than me.

People that use thier grandparents window hanger to park in front of Wal Mart should get a ticket.

Wake up America!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I WOULD NEVER USE MINE WRONGFULLY, AND ONLY USE IT WHEN I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO. BUT IT IS HARD TO JUDGE A COVER BY IT'S WALK. REMEMBER , THESE ARE ISSUED FOR MANY DIFFERENT REASONS.

BUT USING THEM INCORRECTLY, OR TAKING A HANDICAPPED SPOT WHEN NOT HANDICAPPED IS VERY LOWDOWN, WHOEVER DOES IT. I SEE IT ALL THE TIME , THE FIRST PART OF THE MONTH. THERE SHOULD BE RIGID FINES, FOR 1ST TIME OFFENDERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

I let it slide at Wal Mart. Chances are good that people who shop there really are handicapped.

It's the people who park in fire lanes that bother me. If you're not the fire chief or waiting on someone who is robbing the place, stay out of the fire lanes. And the people who park in front of the door so that you have to go around their vehicles to get inside are even worse. A couple years ago I asked one of those guys if he wanted me to open the door so that he could drive right on inside. That got me a handicapped sticker :shock: for 6 months until my back healed.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THAT'LL DO IT EVERY TIME MOOSE. :razz: :razz: :razz:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Mr. Orange n brown has one and we use it on days his knees and back are bad.. my youngest always says when daddy isn't with us ah man wish daddy was with us so we can use that little blue card :shock:

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'VE HAD 14 SURGERIES, A BROKEN BACK, A STEEL KNEE. AND A HOST OF OTHER PROBLEMS, AND MOSTLY WALK WITH A CANE. BUT IF I'M SOMEWHERE WITH A SHOPPING BUGGY, I WON'T TAKE A SPACE. NO MATTER HOW FAR I GOTTA PARK AWAY.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

You can't always judge by how people walk whether they are handicapped or not. I have a sister-in-law who walks fine but has serious breathing problems and can't walk far and cancer patients who are taking chemo are weak and can walk ,but can't walk far before giving out. I know there are a lot of people who abuse the handicapped parking spots but as my Mom always said, " You can't judge the book by its cover." Most people who have the placards do need them.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I'VE HAD 14 SURGERIES, A BROKEN BACK, A STEEL KNEE. AND A HOST OF OTHER PROBLEMS, AND MOSTLY WALK WITH A CANE. BUT IF I'M SOMEWHERE WITH A SHOPPING BUGGY, I WON'T TAKE A SPACE. NO MATTER HOW FAR I GOTTA PARK AWAY.

MY HERO !!!! :lol:

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

My dad got one from the VA cause he has a deteriorating ankle. As he walks sometimes he just falls cause it goes out on him. He uses its every now and then. I like it when he goes to games with us and we dont have to park a mile away.

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

I'm one of those 'sign hangers'. Chances are if you would see me walk in, I'd be fine. It's when I'm coming back out after walking around I am ready to be picked up at the door, let alone make it to the car. Sometimes, they are legit, but, I agree, I think there is alot of abuse out there with them too.

Once a Tiger (or Tigerette), always a Tiger!
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

never really pay attention to who parks in them, I know I NEVER do, and thats all that matters to me.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

It isn't anyone else's business as to why someone needs one.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

It is hard to judge a person who really has a disability but if they are driving a jacked up 4x4 it tends to make you wonder a bit. Since you have to climb to get in and out of the 4x4.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

IronTigerMum wrote:I'm one of those 'sign hangers'. Chances are if you would see me walk in, I'd be fine. It's when I'm coming back out after walking around I am ready to be picked up at the door, let alone make it to the car. .

Then you should only be allowed to park there AFTER the game is over.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How's the BagBoy surviving the snow up north? Tell him we missed him in this years games (thank goodness... LOL )

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

BOO: He's doing fine. We went up last weekend for their end of year football banquet. They had 6 inches of snow on. I guess that's just a warmup for them for winter. :lol:

I think I should be helicoptered in, forget the parking!! ;-)

Once a Tiger (or Tigerette), always a Tiger!
ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

This topic hits a nerve with me since I have a family member that has abused the handicapped hangers for years. They work with handicapped children, many of whom are wheel-chair bound and somehow obtained one from "working" with them even though they aren't responsible for transporting them. They have used the hanger because they are overweight and also get the scooter chairs in the stores,and have no handicapping condition. I realize that many citizens for various reasons need and deserve these hangers but I too frequently I see that the people that are in these front spaces are often extremely overweight. I'm sure they have breathing, walking, and various other problems (who wouldn't) but the fact that their entire body system would benefit by dropping 100-150 pounds is obvious and it steams me that they take spaces that individuals who need not only the front space but the extra room provided in these spaces to unload and load wheelchairs is inexcusable. I realize that losing weight is not easy and that if you have certain problems it makes it difficult to exercise but it's hard for me(uh-oh, I think I'm about to sound like NCF :shock: ) to deal with the idea that I work everyday, work out, and watch what I eat, just to watch others use handicapped spaces and scooter chairs when who knows what benefits their health would hold and improve by just shedding several pounds. And to those who deserve these spaces I'm glad that they've been made available to you and I pray that I never have to use one. IMO I just don't feel that obesity should be a consideration in allowing people permission to park in handicapped spaces and yes I'm aware there may be other conditions besides the obesity but who knows how those problems could be alleviated by the loss of weight. And the not walking to the front door is certainly not going to make it happen.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I have a condition that causes me to gain weight and not be able to lose it easily.. I do not have a handicap card but I have arthritis in my knees from a old injury and surgery when I was younger and lots of pounds less I have arthritis in my neck from on old injury... and I have trouble with my hips not staying in place so therefore it hurts to walk very far... I like you're tiger bait use a cart to help walk through stores sometimes I get out of the car after riding my knees are stiff and I can hardly walk.... I'd love to have one on those days

My husband has one though he has bad disks in his back from being tossed in a tornado as a teenager.. he has had a tree tear all the ligaments in his knee has had surgery on it..
has had another tree break both bones in the same leg and dislocate his ankle so he had to have surgery to have a plate and screws in it... and he has had a triple by-pass. To look at him you'd think ah he is fat ( 6'1" about 275 )and LAZY how come he has one of those cards but without a sign around his neck explaining why he has one you'd never know all that about him.... :)

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

Jozef
Riding the Bench

Post by Jozef »

WOW, sounds like some one just has a problem with FAT people :roll:

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

Jozef quote:
WOW, sounds like some one just has a problem with FAT people.

Wow, looks who's back. :lol: No, not fat people in general but as I said I have a personal experience of someone who abuses the Parking tag that has no debilitating condition other that being overweight, and the abuse of the tag is the topic of the thread and the original post. And for whatever reason many times I have observed that it seems to go along with those that use the front spaces. And as I said JMO and observation. I'm sure many have valid reasons for using the spaces and the tags.

Jozef
Riding the Bench

Post by Jozef »

ballparent wrote:
Jozef quote:
WOW, sounds like some one just has a problem with FAT people.

Wow, looks who's back. :lol: No, not fat people in general but as I said I have a personal experience of someone who abuses the Parking tag that has no debilitating condition other that being overweight, and the abuse of the tag is the topic of the thread and the original post. And for whatever reason many times I have observed that it seems to go along with those that use the front spaces. And as I said JMO and observation. I'm sure many have valid reasons for using the spaces and the tags.

back? :?:

didnt know i had been anywhere :? :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Off season”