WEATHER COMPETITION THREAD.

General Chat
C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: WEATHER COMPETITION THREAD.

Post by C-Bolt »

Just watched WC last night and they acted like most of Ohio will miss Pax to the south if that's the big valentines day storm they were referring to.yay.they say there is a lot of ice in that storm and we don't need another one of them,last time was bad enough,my poor roof can only take so much

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

WC has Ohio above all that stink-un $hit. Suppose to stay away from us. I seen channel 10 this morning, they are the ones that said we may get a little bit of snow. But the bitter cold persists tonight, -5 over night. Ole furnace has took a beating this winter. Welcome warm up next week is coming. Georgia to Virginia is suppose to get slammed. Hope it all stays down that way. Soooooo sick of it, I'm ready to by a Buuuicckkk!! Bring on the nice Spring thunder boomers, I'm ready. :-D

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sun is beating down today and water is standing in low spots on roads and alleys that will turn to ice tonight.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:Sun is beating down today and water is standing in low spots on roads and alleys that will turn to ice tonight.
Yep, turn to solid ice tonight. Hazardous driving in spots.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

1 to 2 coming in Friday...........Clipper coming in and will hold fast over central Ohio putting out near 6 inches by Saturday morning................lol

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:1 to 2 coming in Friday...........Clipper coming in and will hold fast over central Ohio putting out near 6 inches by Saturday morning................lol
:lol: :lol: If it does, I'll pm ya, to give ya my address. Bring your snow blower over and do my walks. I got plenty of gas. :lol: :lol: :lol: :122245

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Hope noreply has got a better one then I had or you will be wanting to shovel and if you do that back gravel driveway be ready for logan pd to come and investigate shots fired :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I remember ole ES saying the quality snow blowers will adjust to different heights in the front, so it don't pick up gravel along with the snow, if you are doing a gravel drive. If not the pregnant house will get pegged by rocks. Hate to get the LPD all stirred up over blowing snow and rocks. :lol: :lol: :lol: How big and nice is your snow blower noreply? You know me Bolt, if I ever bought one, it would be a one time thing. I don't make the mistake of buying cheap, when it comes to mechanical things. Buy once and put out the money, and buy quality, If not, you will have more money in something buying twice from a mistake. Saving money on stuff can be good but it also can cost ya. :lol: :lol: :lol: If I were you, the idea of a blade for that tractor is better, but get a pretty good one and be done with it the first time. RK said he would come up and measure the hole hook ups and drill them out for ya, so you can hook it up with that kit. All he wants is a 30 pack for doing it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

That was one cheap thing I should have stayed away from,but they not all like that,in hindsight the thing had bad reviews from people complaining about them but I ignored them and got it anyway,my mistake.Glad I bought that cheapo genny it had excellent reviews,turns out they are a Honda clone but about 1000 dollars less. :122249,but I know you trench you go out and get that fancy smancy Honda and make your wallet lighter:lol:You might have been buying quality at one time ,but not these days even the big boys take short cuts to save all the money they can,Big Dick went up to that John Deere dealer and got a fancy smancy lawn tractor for a big price and when we popped the hood found out it had a little cheap B&S engine,turns out that paint scheme they use is what makes them so pricey ,I told him he should have just went out to Wally's and got one of them cheapo yard machines for about 1000 less with the very same power plant, but he always wanted a Deere,he already had to take it back once for a problem with the deck.The guys at the dealer snickered and said "oh no here comes another one" :lol: :lol: :lol:,oh and another thing about that fancy smancy Deere, Big Dick found out he can't even put chains on the wheels because they didn't leave enough clearance between the tire and deck.imagine that

There not too many options on that plow,I looked them up after that ice storm and found one that might work for a couple hundred, but people were complaining they didn't come with all the parts,so rk will have to forget that, I think I hold off on that one and hope for the best,I have lost some weight lately so it not been all bad :122249

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

C-Bolt wrote:Hope noreply has got a better one then I had or you will be wanting to shovel and if you do that back gravel driveway be ready for logan pd to come and investigate shots fired :lol:
I gave about 500.00 for mine at the Sears store..........it is one of those that doesn't have the auger.........it throws snow about 20 feet...............I have learned to not go into the wind with it....lol........and it took twice to do that...lol

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:That was one cheap thing I should have stayed away from,but they not all like that,in hindsight the thing had bad reviews from people complaining about them but I ignored them and got it anyway,my mistake.Glad I bought that cheapo genny it had excellent reviews,turns out they are a Honda clone but about 1000 dollars less. :122249,but I know you trench you go out and get that fancy smancy Honda and make your wallet lighter:lol:You might have been buying quality at one time ,but not these days even the big boys take short cuts to save all the money they can,Big Dick went up to that John Deere dealer and got a fancy smancy lawn tractor for a big price and when we popped the hood found out it had a little cheap B&S engine,turns out that paint scheme they use is what makes them so pricey ,I told him he should have just went out to Wally's and got one of them cheapo yard machines for about 1000 less with the very same power plant, but he always wanted a Deere,he already had to take it back once for a problem with the deck.The guys at the dealer snickered and said "oh no here comes another one" :lol: :lol: :lol:,oh and another thing about that fancy smancy Deere, Big Dick found out he can't even put chains on the wheels because they didn't leave enough clearance between the tire and deck.imagine that

There not too many options on that plow,I looked them up after that ice storm and found one that might work for a couple hundred, but people were complaining they didn't come with all the parts,so rk will have to forget that, I think I hold off on that one and hope for the best,I have lost some weight lately so it not been all bad :122249
You might have got lucky buying that cheaper genny, and big Dick might have got unlucky buying that Deere. but most anything ya buy no matter today or 200 years ago, you better get quality because 90% of the time the cheap stuff shows it's ugly head after awhile if it has to be used all the time. Ole big dick and his Deere, sounds like the deck is a factory overlook, and a design mistake. The motor, well, you can't expect a regular john deere motor on a riding mower, I know they use to but most of these riding mowers have the B&S motor. They aren't a bad motor really. Now, if ya go buy a Steiner or Grass hopper or something like that, you won't see the B&S in those baby's. If you go bigger than a regular john deere 24 horse or more riding mower, such as a farm tractor, you won't see the B&S motor. They use the B&S or Kohler motors in most lawn riding mowers now days. No way around that really. Steiner is the way to go if you don't want the B&S motor in a lawn tractor. Heck, I haven't checked in awhile on those Steiner's but usually when ya go too cheap buying anything, you will be shopping again soon. That's the beauty of spending the way ya want to save money in the short run, makes the world go round, they know you will be back sooner buying the cheaper stuff. That's why they make so much of it. Your plow: You say only so many options, go with the better option, it will be more sturdy and last longer. RK will be up to put it on and do all the tinkering. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Everyone has their own opinions, and most have a budget and only so much to spend, but these places know people will be back buying too cheap of stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol: 70% of snow Friday per channel 10. Just snow showers they are saying but might be enough to shovel. :roll: :roll:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:Hope noreply has got a better one then I had or you will be wanting to shovel and if you do that back gravel driveway be ready for logan pd to come and investigate shots fired :lol:
I gave about 500.00 for mine at the Sears store..........it is one of those that doesn't have the auger.........it throws snow about 20 feet...............I have learned to not go into the wind with it....lol........and it took twice to do that...lol
Sears has some good stuff usually. I'll pass on their craftsman mowers though. Replace belts too much.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

For 500 bucks that should be a good one.Probably a 2 stage thrower with big powered wheels which is what you want,mine didn't have any of that and the handle was way too short.I didn't get lucky on that genny trench,they are made good whether you want to believe it or not. If I just got a lucky one, why did so many other people like them also? Did they all get lucky too? The only bad thing about them is they don't come with wheels but that is an easy fix.You just like all the expensive stuff,nothing wrong with that, but the grass is not always greener on the other side.If its something you use a lot like contractors you might want to spend a little to get more out of it, but the little pissy jobs we do the cheap stuff works just fine,but go ahead and open that wallet its your money,the overpriced dealers will hug and kiss you :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Never meant being lucky that way, You got lucky on the price if it's a good one. Nothing wrong with that either. How much have you had to use it? :lol: :lol: :lol: Open your wallet also, when the cheap stuff breaks and don't perform well and have to keep messing with it, you buy twice, I'll buy once. :lol: :lol: :lol: Contractors buy commercial grade quality for everyday use, But there is such a thing as quality grade products for regular use, for the homeowner. Quality is a known fact on anything and really is greener on that side, believe that or not. Saving a few bucks on stuff is good, but it sure can come back and bite ya in the A$$ later, and you have to know that by now. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure there's lots of people that will agree on quality. You get what ya pay for, 90% of the time. Why do you think things cost more than others, it's made better and cost more to make is why. Bolt, you are wrong about me always buying expensive, I always get the middle priced stuff usually, to be safe and not make a mistake of too cheap/too expensive. :-D Yeah, sounds like noreplys is quality made for 500 bucks. Good choice noreply.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The blower i have is more like paddle wheels sort of works like a paddle boat. They pick up the snow and throw it back inside then out the shoot.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:The blower i have is more like paddle wheels sort of works like a paddle boat. They pick up the snow and throw it back inside then out the shoot.
Sounds like a good one. What horsepower is it, and name brand noreply?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Trenchfoot wrote:Never meant being lucky that way, You got lucky on the price if it's a good one. Nothing wrong with that either. How much have you had to use it? :lol: :lol: :lol: Open your wallet also, when the cheap stuff breaks and don't perform well and have to keep messing with it, you buy twice, I'll buy once. :lol: :lol: :lol: Contractors buy commercial grade quality for everyday use, But there is such a thing as quality grade products for regular use, for the homeowner. Quality is a known fact on anything and really is greener on that side, believe that or not. Saving a few bucks on stuff is good, but it sure can come back and bite ya in the A$$ later, and you have to know that by now. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure there's lots of people that will agree on quality. You get what ya pay for, 90% of the time. Why do you think things cost more than others, it's made better and cost more to make is why. Bolt, you are wrong about me always buying expensive, I always get the middle priced stuff usually, to be safe and not make a mistake of too cheap/too expensive. :-D Yeah, sounds like noreplys is quality made for 500 bucks. Good choice noreply.
I'll agree on one thing with you, the price was lucky to get one made that good,they are a little more expensive now but still not near as much as a hondog.Have not had to use it yet just plunking around with my compressor which takes a lot of juice and a test run on the mighty central air,buts its nothing to worry about people reviewing them have had them for years and one guy even ran his for 2 straight weeks during an outage,never a reported breakdown just people complaining about having no wheels because it is heavy,I strap mine to a cheap hand truck,works like a charm.I believed at one time pricey things were made better but not now, there is too much shortcutting that goes on in the factory that people don't even know about,manufactures have relied too much on cheap overseas parts that go on all the cheap stuff and expensive.I told my brother in-law you didn't trust that washing machine because it was so cheap, he laughed and he said he knows a guy that works in a factory that installs parts from China for washing machines for all different brands and he said he same parts went in all of them :lol: so tell me how they are so much different trench? That laundry mat down by you just got new commercial speed queens a couple years ago and last time I was in there about 7 of them were red tagged out of commission.every time I go in there now there are at least 5 of them are out of commission,they must be pure junk! AHH if you got the money you like the most expensive thing in the joint :lol: at least you used to,maybe you have learned now its not all about the price tag,I do take a lot of chances on cheap stuff but more often then not it has worked out alright .cheap chainsaws,lawnmowers,you name it,just take care of them and they will take care of you, but they can all break down no matter what the price,now there's one thing I won't skimp on and that is shoes,you won't fall on deaf ears when talking about quality shoes with me. :122249 but I won't pay 150 for a pair of air lebron's either lol

NorthernLight
Freshman Team

Post by NorthernLight »

I can finally get in on this thread :lol: . 7" here in Greensboro, NC in last six hrs.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Bill Kelly ch.6 has lowered his Friday snow to 30% chance,he say hit and miss snow showers through out the day.I'm liking it better all the time,hope this is the last one.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:Never meant being lucky that way, You got lucky on the price if it's a good one. Nothing wrong with that either. How much have you had to use it? :lol: :lol: :lol: Open your wallet also, when the cheap stuff breaks and don't perform well and have to keep messing with it, you buy twice, I'll buy once. :lol: :lol: :lol: Contractors buy commercial grade quality for everyday use, But there is such a thing as quality grade products for regular use, for the homeowner. Quality is a known fact on anything and really is greener on that side, believe that or not. Saving a few bucks on stuff is good, but it sure can come back and bite ya in the A$$ later, and you have to know that by now. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure there's lots of people that will agree on quality. You get what ya pay for, 90% of the time. Why do you think things cost more than others, it's made better and cost more to make is why. Bolt, you are wrong about me always buying expensive, I always get the middle priced stuff usually, to be safe and not make a mistake of too cheap/too expensive. :-D Yeah, sounds like noreplys is quality made for 500 bucks. Good choice noreply.
I'll agree on one thing with you, the price was lucky to get one made that good,they are a little more expensive now but still not near as much as a hondog.Have not had to use it yet just plunking around with my compressor which takes a lot of juice and a test run on the mighty central air,buts its nothing to worry about people reviewing them have had them for years and one guy even ran his for 2 straight weeks during an outage,never a reported breakdown just people complaining about having no wheels because it is heavy,I strap mine to a cheap hand truck,works like a charm.I believed at one time pricey things were made better but not now, there is too much shortcutting that goes on in the factory that people don't even know about,manufactures have relied too much on cheap overseas parts that go on all the cheap stuff and expensive.I told my brother in-law you didn't trust that washing machine because it was so cheap, he laughed and he said he knows a guy that works in a factory that installs parts from China for washing machines for all different brands and he said he same parts went in all of them :lol: so tell me how they are so much different trench? That laundry mat down by you just got new commercial speed queens a couple years ago and last time I was in there about 7 of them were red tagged out of commission.every time I go in there now there are at least 5 of them are out of commission,they must be pure junk! AHH if you got the money you like the most expensive thing in the joint :lol: at least you used to,maybe you have learned now its not all about the price tag,I do take a lot of chances on cheap stuff but more often then not it has worked out alright .cheap chainsaws,lawnmowers,you name it,just take care of them and they will take care of you, but they can all break down no matter what the price,now there's one thing I won't skimp on and that is shoes,you won't fall on deaf ears when talking about quality shoes with me. :122249 but I won't pay 150 for a pair of air lebron's either lol
Cheap vs Quality. When it comes down to it, Quality will eat cheap up like a tiger on a kitten. :lol: :lol: :lol: A logan laundry mat, that don't surprise me, what I hear about that place your talking about the washers was probably vandalized or not taken care of. That place is dirty looking anyways and let go. heard a lot about that place. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Off season”