SEOPS Hippo

Re: Favorite cities you have visited

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Tombstone, Arizona

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Not my favorite city but Seoul,South Korea blew my mind. Never been in a place with so many people for such a long time.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Oxnard, California

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

noreply66 wrote:Not my favorite city but Seoul,South Korea blew my mind. Never been in a place with so many people for such a long time.
Were you at Yongsan? Did you spend a winter there? Cold.......just too dang cold! I also felt the people were some of the rudest I ever met.
Did I mention how brutal the winters were in Seoul!? Cold, windy, snowy and just flat out miserable! They can have that pennisula. The place isn't worth the misery.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Poltava, Ukraine.......Rich in history and the people were wonderful! Drinking their version of vodka was a bit rough though. The stuff took the hair off my head and put it on my chest! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

F-4 Phantom wrote:
noreply66 wrote:Not my favorite city but Seoul,South Korea blew my mind. Never been in a place with so many people for such a long time.
Were you at Yongsan? Did you spend a winter there? Cold.......just too dang cold! I also felt the people were some of the rudest I ever met.
Did I mention how brutal the winters were in Seoul!? Cold, windy, snowy and just flat out miserable! They can have that pennisula. The place isn't worth the misery.
I didn't spend much time in Seoul, maybe 3 or 4 week at the most. I spent most of my time at Wonju but went to Seoul to pick up a new troop coming to Wonju. One Sunday in the winter of 1969 it started snowing about 8pm and didn't stop until the next Sunday. Every day after that we had to shovel a path to the orderly room every four hours. We gave up Thursday because we couldn't throw the snow high enough. Five days later I went back to Seoul and five days after that I was on a plane heading home.

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

Beverly Hills, Ca.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

noreply66 wrote:
F-4 Phantom wrote:
I didn't spend much time in Seoul, maybe 3 or 4 week at the most. I spent most of my time at Wonju but went to Seoul to pick up a new troop coming to Wonju. One Sunday in the winter of 1969 it started snowing about 8pm and didn't stop until the next Sunday. Every day after that we had to shovel a path to the orderly room every four hours. We gave up Thursday because we couldn't throw the snow high enough. Five days later I went back to Seoul and five days after that I was on a plane heading home.

I spent a lifetime at Kunsan AB in the 90s. The wind blew so hard off the Yellow Sea the trees grew at an angle. Brutally cold piece of wasteland. Base nearly surrounded by mosquitoes invested rice paddies. Any country utilizing human feces for fertilizer needs more help than a military can provide. Why we are on that Peninsula is beyond belief! The world didn't come to an end when the Vietcong took control over Vietnam and nor will the world end if North Korea invaded the South. Besides, South Korea is capable of holding their own, unless China props the North up.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Kotzebue, Alaska

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

South Korea could be terrible during the rainy season too. Wasn't for the banjo ditches thing would have been washed away.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Machias, Maine

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Isla Mujeres Mx. ( leaving to visit again in couple weeks)

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

King Salmon, Alaska

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Calgary

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was in Chicago once and I think the main drag only gets sunshine from 11:45 am to 12:15 pm.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Cape Romanzoff, Alaska

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

Sacramento, Ca

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio