Lib Hypocrisy - Guards At Schools

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Lib Hypocrisy - Guards At Schools

Post by kantuckyII »

David Gregory mocked the NRA's Wayne LaPierre for proposing that armed guards be at every school in America. But the NBC host seems to have no problem with armed guards protecting his kids everyday where they attend school in Washington, D.C.
"You proposed armed guards in school. We'll talk about that in some detail in a moment. You confronted the news media. You blamed Hollywood and the gaming industry. But never once did you concede that guns could actually be part of the problem. Is that a meaningful contribution, Mr. LaPierre, or a dodge?," asked Gregory.
Later the host suggested that guns don't prevent violence in schools (he cited the mass shootings at Columbine and Virginia Tech). "But you would concede that, as good as an idea as you think this is, it may not work. Because there have been cases where armed guards have not prevented this kind of massacre, this kind of carnage. I want you would concede that point, wouldn't you?," Gregory pleaded.
The NBC host would go on the rest of the segment to suggest that armed guards might not be effective in preventing mass murders at school. Which is perhaps an interesting theoretical argument.
But when it comes to Gregory's own kids, however, they are secured every school day by armed guards.
The Gregory children go to school with the children of President Barack Obama, according to the Washington Post. That school is the co-ed Quaker school Sidwell Friends.
According to a scan of the school's online faculty-staff directory, Sidwell has a security department made up of at least 11 people. Many of those are police officers, who are presumably armed.
Moreover, with the Obama kids in attendance, there is a secret service presence at the institution, as well.
It's safe to say the school where Gregory sends his kids is a high-security school. It's just odd he'd want it for his kids, but wouldn't be more open to it for others.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Lib Hypocrisy - Guards At Schools

Post by kantuckyII »

As bad as I think Obama is, I'd never want harm to come to his children but at the same token, they aren't any better than your children!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

That school is a private school and they pay for the extra's including the security staff.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

SO? Again, are their children of more (or less) value than everyone else's? HECK NO! It won't cost a bit more to provide a security officer at the school than it will another school teacher.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Most schools around here are letting teachers go or not replacing everyone when they retire. Look at Green TWP who just passed a school levy after it had failed many times before. Besides more children have died on school buses than school shootings.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

2 billion for this

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Following the killing of 20 children and six educators in Newtown, Conn., an Ohio-based gun group says it is launching a test program to train teachers how to use firearms.

The Columbus Dispatch reports that the Buckeye Firearms Association says it will initially accept applications from 24 teachers for its Armed Teacher Pilot Program. The three-day firearm-training class will be held at the Tactical Defense Institute in West Union. The association will pay for the training, including lodging and ammunition.

Association legal chairman Ken Hanson said in a statement that teachers and school board members have been "asking us for years" for this kind of training. He said the group's long-term goal is to develop a standard curriculum and make the training available to any teacher or school official.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

farmer wrote:Most schools around here are letting teachers go or not replacing everyone when they retire. Look at Green TWP who just passed a school levy after it had failed many times before. Besides more children have died on school buses than school shootings.

False. There wasn't a fatality in Ohio on a bus from 1967 until 2011 or 2012. Not one.

The arguement to allow teachers and kids to remain unsafe because it's costly is a horrible one made by morally bankrupt people. Of course, they could always arm the teachers . . . wouldn't that be something, first responders in a position to STOP the shooter instead of recover his body after the rampage and subsequent suicide?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I know of more than one before 1967 that were run over by a school bus in Ohio in one school district. So how many school shootings happened in Ohio. Is it 1 or 2? This last shooting was not in Ohio.

I didn't say how many students were killed in Ohio because the shooting was not in Ohio. The bus accident in KY this year where the school bus was not intack with the frame of the bus. If you look at the US more have died on school buses in a year than shootings. But the shootings get in the media and people want to jump.

I have been in enough schools to know for a fact that many teachers have no businsess being around a gun. As well as some good teachers would not be able to teach because they are worried about those in the school having guns. Guns in school is not the answer if someone who is not in their right mind is intent of causing damage. A gun does not good if the person uses a bomb instead.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Also if armed guards were in every school in Ohio. That would mean during the day more armed guards would be in schools that sheriff officers patroling a county in some countries. Like Lawrence County.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

If we can afford plastic grass for the kids to play football on then we can afford guards in the schools

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

So schools that play football on grass are exempt?

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

That was a stupid thing to say Farmer

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

kantuckyII wrote:If we can afford plastic grass for the kids to play football on then we can afford guards in the schools
Most districts float bonds to pay for improvements. How about putting out a levy to pay for armed guards?

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

kantuckyII wrote:That was a stupid thing to say Farmer
now now the rules say be respectful

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

[quote="kantuckyII"]That was a stupid thing to say Farmer[/quote

That is an OUTRIGHT ATTACK ON ME. Which is uncalled for and against the rules.

Some schools can not afford plastic grass so using your logic they should be exempt. Schools do not have a lot of money. Where many are cutting back now. So this is your LAST AND ONLY WARNING ABOUT CALLING ME STUPID.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

farmer wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:That was a stupid thing to say Farmer[/quote

Some schools can not afford plastic grass so using your logic they should be exempt. Schools do not have a lot of money. Where many are cutting back now. So this is your LAST AND ONLY WARNING ABOUT CALLING ME STUPID.
He said that your statement was stupid. He didn't call you stupid.

He said, "That was a stupid thing to say Farmer."

He did not say, "Farmer you are stupid."

There is a difference.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

OK so my statement was not stupid since his statement before must be stupid since all schools do not have plastic fields. Which I pointed out and he knew was wrong so instead of clearifying it or saying he was wrong it was easier saying my statement was stupid.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
farmer wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:That was a stupid thing to say Farmer[/quote

He said that your statement was stupid. He didn't call you stupid.

He said, "That was a stupid thing to say Farmer."

He did not say, "Farmer you are stupid."

There is a difference.

our you answering yourself?

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

mustang_lvr wrote:our you answering yourself?
Reading is essential for success in life.

Return to “The Off season”