J D Brisket

General Chat
WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

J D Brisket

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

I give that place a big old two thumbs DOWN!! Menu is not blessed with that many items and it is all served on "paper" plates and the silverware is the basic white plastic ware. The food prices are not cheap and the servings are by no means over sized. Went in hungry and left still wanting more to eat. Drove around building and saw the drive up menu board which could be an eye test. Either have 20/20 vision or take your glasses with you if you want to order from it. All in all JD Brisker is going to have to make some big changes or its owner D.W. Swick will have to lay it to rest also.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: J D Brisket

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

A wise man once told me this: If you are going to open a barbq business, give it six months to think on it. After that, have $300,000 on reserve in the bank. After that, think on it for another 6 months. Then have another $200,000 on reserve in the bank. Then after that, don't do it!

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

What's wrong with needing your glasses at the drive up? I hope you wore them to DRIVE THERE. LOL.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

wildthingRV wrote:What's wrong with needing your glasses at the drive up? I hope you wore them to DRIVE THERE. LOL.
wildthing, fyi I don't need my glasses for driving. They are called "reading glasses".

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I've heard the same thing about the lousy service, food on paper plates, small portions, and high prices. A combination like that won't last long in Portsmouth or anywhere else for that matter. I know I won't be eating there anytime soon, if ever.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I've heard the same thing about the lousy service, food on paper plates, small portions, and high prices. A combination like that won't last long in Portsmouth or anywhere else for that matter. I know I won't be eating there anytime soon, if ever.
neevr been or even seen it yet,,someone told me it was in new boston though I thought?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I think it's in the old Arbys building next to KFC.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

BBQ can be served on a paper plate, but the portions have to be adequate and the prices reasonable. I don't see myself driving to New Boston to do what I do so well on my own back deck.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Thats why I smoke my own BBQ. brisket, pork butts, chicken, ribs. Plus
the beers are always on ice.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

blue53 wrote:Thats why I smoke my own pork butts,
i remember reading somewhere that you have to take the bone out of their tail before you could smoke a pig's arse.... is that true? :roll:

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

KVDW wrote:
blue53 wrote:Thats why I smoke my own pork butts,
i remember reading somewhere that you have to take the bone out of their tail before you could smoke a pig's arse.... is that true? :roll:

LOL, that would be a boneless ham.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I've heard the same thing about the lousy service, food on paper plates, small portions, and high prices. A combination like that won't last long in Portsmouth or anywhere else for that matter. I know I won't be eating there anytime soon, if ever.
neevr been or even seen it yet,,someone told me it was in new boston though I thought?

I'll fix ya a big ole brisket next time I'm in town and I guarantee you won't leave hungry!! :12224 :12224 :12224

I am holding you to that,,,and some of blues smoked chicken.......

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

and a walnut pie, sounds good to me.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

blue53 wrote:and a walnut pie, sounds good to me.

yea,,but you better eat some of that pie pretty quick.... 8)

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I thought it was good

Return to “The Off season”