Cleveland OKs new smoking, trans fats bans

General Chat
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

It's only a matter of time before these new laws become state laws.....just like the original smoking ban.

Cleveland is banning smoking in all city parks and recreation areas and within 150 feet of city buildings.

Cleveland is also banning restaurants from serving foods with trans fats in them.

http://www.myfox28columbus.com/template ... .com.shtml
April 26, 2011 07:40 EDT

CLEVELAND (AP) -- As part of a "Healthy Cleveland" campaign, the city has approved new restrictions on smoking and artificial, artery-clogging trans fats.

The city council voted Monday to prohibit smoking at public parks and recreation areas and within 150-feet buffer zones around entrances to city buildings. That takes effect in 2013, along with another new law approved Monday that bars Cleveland restaurants and bakeries from selling foods with trans fats.

The Plain Dealer reports violators of either law will face fines of up to $250.

Councilman Joe Cimperman tells the newspaper people get healthier as soon as they stop smoking and stop eating trans fats.

Healthy Cleveland was launched in February by four hospitals and Mayor Frank Jackson with the goal of making the city the healthiest in the country.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Cleveland OKs new smoking, trans fats bans

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Love it.
I say they should only be able to smoke in their homes(if they own them)with the door and windows shut.

If they rent there should be a fee applied in the rent.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I hate smoking but this just seems a bit overboard, at least to me. One could easily justify an argument for not allowing smoking in a public building because non-smokers have to breathe it too but outdoors? How could one justify that one? The only thing I could see is the cigarette butts on the ground but that would be a littering thing it would seem to me? I can understand the 150' thing too. Especially, in front of businesses. The Ashland Town Center Mall lately has gotten really bad by the back door. There will be tons of young people out there standing there smoking. It's intimidating to seniors to walk past that. anyway, going to be interesting to see the opinions roll in on this one. I'll really love seeing my buddy Boonedawg's comments here ;-)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

You mean you can get jelly doughnuts where you live? it's just like the silly Gulf ban on drilling for oil over the environment but...Cuba and China are going to. Crazy laws!

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Legislating obesity, that is about as funny as a one-arm fella hanging wallpaper.......we can stand outside and fill our lungs with nicotine and then walk into the mall and eat a 3 pound sub with fries and a milk shake as long as they dont have trans fat in them....... I luv it.......

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

FIDO wrote:It's ignorant laws like this that slowly errode your personal freedoms....I guess the ignorant ones are still learning?.....You give a politician an inch and he'll take the entire enchilada..

They'll be legislating jelly donuts next!!!
Fido, I dont think the ignorant ones will ever learn......JMHO

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Love it.
I say they should only be able to smoke in their homes(if they own them)with the door and windows shut.

I can't wait 'til they ban all you fat people from eating pizza and doughnuts.

and if you rent, you should be charged for sitting your fat arse on the commode and breaking it down.

:aaaaa8

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

kantuckyII wrote: The Ashland Town Center Mall lately has gotten really bad by the back door.
With a little effort you could probably stay the hell away from the back door..... but then you'd just gripe about something else. What a whiner. :roll: :mrgreen:

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I'll eat what i want thanks.....jeezus can't you people see what is happening? No government should tell you how to live your life....it's YOURS. Sad to see people roll over and be slaves.......Brave and free men die 1 death but a coward dies a thousand. Whining about second hand smoke? Stop acting like a squat to pee liberal puss, be a man.
Last edited by Boonedawg on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

KVDW wrote:
kantuckyII wrote: The Ashland Town Center Mall lately has gotten really bad by the back door.
With a little effort you could probably stay the hell away from the back door..... but then you'd just gripe about something else. What a whiner. :roll: :mrgreen:
I could..but, I choose not. I'm looking for trouble to be honest with you

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I'm not adverse to putting out a marlboro on some self righteous pricks forehead. But that's just me...NOBODY tells me what to do.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Awwwww. KantuckyII, I think he is talking about you. Sounds like you found your trouble. :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I don't think Boone is one of those with their hair dyed tar black, same as their clothes with 5lbs of metal in his face.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

kantuckyII wrote:I don't think Boone is one of those with their hair dyed tar black, same as their clothes with 5lbs of metal in his face.
I don't either. :-D

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

I get angry when supposed "leaders" decide to dictate to folks what they should or shouldn't do for their own good. I think they should be more concerned with the corruption in their own offices, and the fact that America is being flushed down the toilet by sissy men and the bull dykes that tell them what to think. Whatever happened to mind your own business and I won't knock you on your hip pockets. I'll eat what I like and no S.O.B. is going to tell me otherwise. People need to stand up and be disobedient to these fools...they think they own you. Now be a real American and show them who owns who!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I asked myself the other day, I said self and self said "yeah!" I said self, why dont the gubberment just stop trying to take away my freedoms to eat, drink and smoke as much as I want? Self said, "dont know, maybe they want to control you!" I said, self that doesnt make sense, why dont the gubberment offer incentives to be healthy, you know give tax credits and such for good checkups or for not eating bad things or exercising? Self said, "makes too much sense, gubberment never do that!" LOL

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

kantuckyII wrote:
KVDW wrote:
With a little effort you could probably stay the hell away from the back door...
I could..but, I choose not.
you sound like the kind of guy that would choose to hit a hornets nest with a baseball bat and then complain because you got stung. professional whiner.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

That's ok, as long as I make myself happy, I'm good - period

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

KVDW wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:Love it.

I can't wait 'til they ban all you fat people from eating pizza and doughnuts.

and if you rent, you should be charged for sitting your fat arse on the commode and breaking it down.

:aaaaa8
I agree there should be a fat tax of fat people

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

kantuckyII wrote:That's ok, as long as I make myself happy, I'm good - period
typical these days..................

ME..........ME.........ME !!!

Return to “The Off season”