Coffee Cup restaraunt in Nelsonville destroyed by fire!

General Chat
BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Coffee Cup restaraunt in Nelsonville destroyed by fire!

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Yes, they are rebuilding. I heard it is going to be a "green" restaurant and once built, it will be only the second of its kind in the entire state. Not sure of an exact date they are to start rebuilding, but I think it will be soon.
One of our favorite eating spots when visiting for the football playoffs...............

just curious, what is the definition of a "GREEN" restaurant..... :?: :?:

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Great place to eat, great pies!!!

Hope everyone is recovering and the rebuild will begin soon.

Can't wait to go back, always stopped there to eat on way to Logan for different sporting events.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:just curious, what is the definition of a "GREEN" restaurant..... :?: :?:

I think it means the building will be environmentally friendly and will not waste energy.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

They weren't cheap before so I bet there prices will be real high when they reopen.....

I was never a big fan of the place anyways.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Forgive me for being the eternal skeptic here, but geesh, we are nearly 3 months post fire and the site still isn't completely cleared of debris. There's been a dumpster sitting there with the same waste in it now for at least three weeks, and nothing has happened.

Kind of makes me wonder if the place will ever be rebuilt, in all honesty. We are now at a quarter of the year with no business operation or income. And not one iota of movement in rebuilding what was lost at this point.

Hope that things start moving forward, but at this point, I'm not going to hold my breath.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:just curious, what is the definition of a "GREEN" restaurant..... :?: :?:

I think it means the building will be environmentally friendly and will not waste energy.
There goes the 75 watt bulb in the restrooms

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Steely Dan wrote:Forgive me for being the eternal skeptic here, but geesh, we are nearly 3 months post fire and the site still isn't completely cleared of debris. There's been a dumpster sitting there with the same waste in it now for at least three weeks, and nothing has happened.

Kind of makes me wonder if the place will ever be rebuilt, in all honesty. We are now at a quarter of the year with no business operation or income. And not one iota of movement in rebuilding what was lost at this point.

Hope that things start moving forward, but at this point, I'm not going to hold my breath.

They are going to rebuild. The owners are meeting with different architects for design proposals of the building and it will be a green restaurant, the second of its kind in Ohio. They couldn't even advance to that point until they knew for sure the insurance was paying for the rebuilding. These things don't happen overnight.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

I ate a nice steak with all the trimmings there about 20 years ago..... barely made it out the door before throwing it all up in the parking lot and was sicker than a dog for a couple of days.
Haven't been back since. :(

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

too early for food poisoning

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I feel for the employees I hope they all were able to find other employment! when we lost a major piece of our logging equipment to fire two days after Christmas the insurance company had the check in our hands 30 days later...we purchased the equipment back rebuilt and was back in business in 3 and half months...then the weather was the issue but anyways back to my point I would have thought the insurance would have paid them by now...actually if I was them I would find a new spot to build closer to the interchange in Dorr Run because in 2 years the majority of the traffic is gone here in town...when the by-pass opens

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I've left this alone for nine weeks, now time for a revisit. The only thing going on at the site of the former restaurant is overnight parking by truckers, and people throwing their garbage on the lot. Not one bit of activity in terms of additional site clean-up, surveying, building materials, equipment, nothing. Going on six months since the fire, and no progress.

What gives? Did they employ the medieval architectural firm of Friar Tuck, Brother John, and Brother Paul to do the plans? They must be locked up in a scriptorium with their quill pens, metal-gall ink, and parchment, working feverishly on these green building plans..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding. 96, do you have anything new to share? I've not seen anything in the Athens Mess about the rebuild effort for months now.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Haven't heard anything lately.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I have heard directly from the owners and they still plan on rebuilding, at another location, utilizing an existing building (which will require some significant retrofitting/remodeling). They are currently in negotiations with the site owner to purchase. Stay tuned, sounds like more to come.

Hopefully this will work out, it sounds like they have some pretty cool ideas in terms of the layout of the new restaurant, if everything works out.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

Steely Dan wrote:I have heard directly from the owners and they still plan on rebuilding, at another location, utilizing an existing building (which will require some significant retrofitting/remodeling). They are currently in negotiations with the site owner to purchase. Stay tuned, sounds like more to come.

Hopefully this will work out, it sounds like they have some pretty cool ideas in terms of the layout of the new restaurant, if everything works out.
been along time with no word on this
seems like they might have given up or are they waiting for the highway to be finished to see if they can get a good location

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Wonder if they ever got the insurance money ? I always thought it wouldn't be a good idea to build at that old location with the new highway almost here, but I have not heard anything about a new place where they might have relocated,did they take the money and run :aaaaa46

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep, interesting. :aaaaa46

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

at one time they said they had found a place but that seems like a year ago

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Originally, they were set to rebuild. However, from what I heard, the situation became complicated in that the land is located in the flood plain. The costs to build on the site to make it out of the flood plain were too high to make it worth it.

The owner has since relocated out of state, so I doubt it will ever be rebuilt or reopened.

Nelsonville needs a restaurant like this, so hopefully someone will open one up in the future.

mustang_lvr
SEOPS Hippo

Post by mustang_lvr »

this is a downer

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I miss the coffee Cup, It was the only good reason to go to Nelsonville

Return to “The Off season”