Supreme Court - Not SO Supreme! Westboro Demons

General Chat
kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Supreme Court - Not SO Supreme! Westboro Demons

Post by kantuckyII »

Last edited by kantuckyII on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Re: Supreme Court - Not SO Supreme! Westboro Demons

Post by rockyraccoon »

They voted 8 - 1, that's a pretty big majority for any supreme court decision. I don't want them making decisions based on Christianity, I want them to be intelligent and democratic.

I hate Phelps and his band of idiots, and I can't understand how the redneck nation can go around talking big talk, but no one has ever overrun these idiots and beat the living dot poop out of them. With that said, if you take away their rights to free speech, then the KII's of the world can't get on here and spout his idiocy.

BTW, they base all their beliefs on scripture. Just their version of it. They say GOD HATES FAGS and I have heard several "Christians" support that same ideology in one way or another. These are your people KII.

eccedomusscientiae
Freshman Team

Post by eccedomusscientiae »

I agree with the Supreme Court decision. I absolutely do not support this group, but even though vile, this groups speech should be protected. I certainly do not want anybody "determining" what is "hate speech" and what is not. When we allow this, we may not be able to worship freely because some people think what my Pastor is saying is "hate speech."

I agree with the previous poster, many so called Christians think that God hates gay people. In my opinion this is not true. May of those same "so called Christians" are cheatting on their wives. I don't think God hates them either, although i believe both are a sin. Just my $.02

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Supreme Court interprets the laws and our Constitution. For them to make a different ruling first changes would have to be made to support that way of thinking.

Westboro are just idiots who enjoy the publicity of people talking about them as they disrupt lives of others. Even though many people would love to be there cheering when those idiots themselves are buried or burned.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

The father of the soldier who Phelps protested back in 2006 said that it was only a matter of time before someone shot one of the protesters. If you have never seen them in action, go to youtube and search Westboro Baptist Church. These people are the lowest forms of life on the planet. They are breathing air that good people could be breathing. I'll gladly go protest their funeral after someone finally puts a bullet thru one of their heads.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

There is a "Captive Audience" provision that says you don't have the right to free speech if you audience can't choose not to listen. It was decided that a funeral does not meet that standard. Many states have put in restrictions on how close they can come to the actual funeral, but now their attorney, who I think is Phelp's wife, is going to start challenging those rules. They support their church by winning lawsuits against poeple who attack them. As in this latest case, the father of the soldier now has to pay them $116,000 in court cost.

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

FIDO wrote:I'm sure donors will gladly cover the costs...This Westboro bunch are evil...To protest a funeral of a fallen soldier is despicable...These very brave young men/women have volunteered to serve our country, mostly in times of war. They, without question/hesitation, serve the civilian leadership of our country...These whack jobs are cowards and are smart enough not to venture into SEO or when their lives, health and well being may be placed in jeopardy....I don't know the law but I know a few crazy A$$ people who wouldn't hesitate to make their lives miserable, if they came close to their LZ!!

I do believe they have a right to voice...I just believe the VOICE in these instances should be held outside of ear shot...JMHO!!
I think I know the same crazy A$$ people also.......nice post Fido..... :!: :!:

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

FIDO wrote:I'm sure donors will gladly cover the costs...This Westboro bunch are evil...To protest a funeral of a fallen soldier is despicable...These very brave young men/women have volunteered to serve our country, mostly in times of war. They, without question/hesitation, serve the civilian leadership of our country...These whack jobs are cowards and are smart enough not to venture into SEO or when their lives, health and well being may be placed in jeopardy....I don't know the law but I know a few crazy A$$ people who wouldn't hesitate to make their lives miserable, if they came close to their LZ!!

I do believe they have a right to voice...I just believe the VOICE in these instances should be held outside of ear shot...JMHO!!
i believe Bill O'Reilly of Fox News said that if there were any costs, that he would personally cover them....

but yeah these wackos are demented people to do such a thing to people who are ensuring their safety...but as much as I hate it, the sup. ct. ruled right since they followed regulations and remained 1000 ft away from the funeral...but they will get what is coming to them, whether in this life or the next...

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

The D wrote:

i believe Bill O'Reilly of Fox News said that if there were any costs, that he would personally cover them....

but yeah these wackos are demented people to do such a thing to people who are ensuring their safety...but as much as I hate it, the sup. ct. ruled right since they followed regulations and remained 1000 ft away from the funeral...but they will get what is coming to them, whether in this life or the next...
The distance rule is their next challenge and they will win it over the "Captive Audience" clause. If your outside, you are not captive, you can walk away, which means they will be able to walk up to the funeral when they win that ruling. I love the "Good thing they don't come to SEO". I thought they were at Coal Grove about 2 years ago. Until someone with no fear of jail kicks the crap out of them, it will go on. You can't shout them down, they love that. Personally I think they should be surrounded by people holding up giant flags on all sides of them so they can't be seen. As long as you don't touch them doesn't mean you can shield them. Then once you get them shielded, have FIDO go in and kick their ass.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

FIDO wrote:Seems I recall reading they decided they better not attend their scheduled rally...I could be wrong....I certainly have been before...I'm a lover not a brawler!!! :mrgreen:

My new friend, Derbyfan, on the other hand; he'll take care of them for a small fee!!! I'll even pay the bail money!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
ill pitch in on the bail money.....these people are sick derranged maniacs....protesting the deaths of the people protecting their right to protest....its just sick...they'll get what's coming to them eventually..

Return to “The Off season”