Navy commander loses carrier job over lewd videos

General Chat
toast
All State

Navy commander loses carrier job over lewd videos

Post by toast »

Here's something I'm sure we can all agree on. His comments were disgusting and appalling. One has to wonder why his superiors didn't take action sooner. The investigation continues.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/2 ... deos_N.htm

moose
Varsity

Re: Navy commander loses carrier job over lewd videos

Post by moose »

Busted to Rear Admiral. :( How ironic.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Remind me of the rank and titles in the Navy. I knew an Annapolis graduate years ago who rose to "Commander", but I've forgotten the specific progression.
Captain - Lt Commander - Commander - Admiral - is that right?
I do remember that "Captain" in the Army is very different from "Captain" in the Navy.
Who drives the ship - a captain? - a commander? Is that "title" the same or different from the "rank"? I think I have heard/read this man referred to as both "captain" and "commander", but I would think that the guy in charge of an aircraft carrier would be some level of Admiral.
At any rate - what was he thinking? - and how did it get overlooked [passively approved?] for so long? Is this going to turn into a Navy version of "Tailhook" in the Air Force?

Tiger Lady
SE

Post by Tiger Lady »

caglewis wrote:Remind me of the rank and titles in the Navy. I knew an Annapolis graduate years ago who rose to "Commander", but I've forgotten the specific progression.
Captain - Lt Commander - Commander - Admiral - is that right?
I do remember that "Captain" in the Army is very different from "Captain" in the Navy.
Who drives the ship - a captain? - a commander? Is that "title" the same or different from the "rank"? I think I have heard/read this man referred to as both "captain" and "commander", but I would think that the guy in charge of an aircraft carrier would be some level of Admiral.
At any rate - what was he thinking? - and how did it get overlooked [passively approved?] for so long? Is this going to turn into a Navy version of "Tailhook" in the Air Force?

The Captain is the driver of the ship, not the enterainment center of the ship......the superiors of this skippper should also spend a few days grazing in the pasture with him.....

U.S. Navy Officer ranks

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Just the lack of dignity would seem reason enough to me.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

toast wrote:Here's something I'm sure we can all agree on. His comments were disgusting and appalling. One has to wonder why his superiors didn't take action sooner. The investigation continues.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/2 ... deos_N.htm
Where are his "comments" in this link ? I don't seem to be able to find them.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Yeah this guy dishonors the navy,his shipmates and the uniform. a little crude humor is expected, but this crosses WAY over a couple lines. Dishonorable discharge is deserved.

Return to “The Off season”