Westboro Church (Everyone Please Read)

General Chat
BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Westboro Church (Everyone Please Read)

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

I heard they are gonna protest sgt.Justin Allens funeral Tuesday. Has anybody heard anyting about this? What a Shame if it is true.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Westboro Church

Post by kantuckyII »

I just don't believe that our country's founders had this in mind when they penned 'freedom of speech' There should be some way to outlaw this, I think that Washington and others would have scratched their heads at us in amazement of our stupidity for allowing it!

However, I checked their website and this funeral is NOT on their list to protest at

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

This is true, we here in the Grove are trying to set up counter-protest as well as the patriot riders will be here to help against them.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I have also been told the same thing, that there will be a protest. The folks in Coal Grove want everyone possible to line the streets of Coal Grove tomorrow in a show of support for this brave young American soldier. I just wonder how these people who are doing the protest think they got the right to do such a thing. If it weren't for the American Soldier, they wouldn't even dare to think about a protest, let alone do one. Everyone get out tomorrow and show your support, line the streets of Coal Grove.

God Bless America and let Freedom ring.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Westboro Church (Everyone Please Read)

Post by kantuckyII »

Again, here is their protest schedule However, here is a news release from their website as well. They're some mighty sick puppies!

When you hear of Westboro, don't forget, the ACLU has fought in court to allow them to continue their hate speech in a totally inappropriate place against innocent people who are suffering their worst nightmare come true

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

COAL GROVE, Ohio (WSAZ) -- Funeral services are set for a soldier from Coal Grove killed in Afghanistan last Saturday.

The funeral for Sgt. Justin Allen will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Dawson-Bryant High School.

Visitation is planned for Monday night from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the school.

Allen was on his fourth tour of duty when he was killed.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

i think members of the manitou family will be present to honor this soldier and his family. MD

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I have heard a lot of people in this area say that the Westboro church would never dare show up in this neck of the woods. Let's see if they put up, or shut up.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

I say we don't resort to actual violence but a truck load of teenage boys and girls with a load of rotten tomatoes to pelt them with sounds like a great plan! :twisted:

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

The heck with just teenage boys and girls, give me a tomatoe too.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Kantuky if you go to the site and go to the bottom of the page and click on pickets it is there that they will be picketing the funeral of Justin Allen in Coal Grove and the date and time. What you are posting is something different... I hope that everyone will come out to support this family and protect them from these nuts. I know I will be there.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I would let them protest all they wanted, down in the grassy area along Ice Creek in Jeffersonville. They would have to share that area with a few horses but then the horses might not like it.

It looked to me like there are enough Patriot Riders to off set a good size crowd of protesters. I also saw quite a few law enforcement folks both local and military. I'm sure these protesters have faced larger crowds than they will see today but I'm just not sure if they have faced the type of crowd they will see.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

how those with close emotional ties to the family don't go violent is beyond me. My heart goes out to the family. MD

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I've wondered that same thing for years. It's only a matter of time till someone does get medieval on them. I'm certainly not advocating someone doing so, just saying it would be very easy to understand that happening. Which...will be sad because, the person/persons who do will wind up in prison.

Again, I scratch my head in amazement that this is allowed in this country. You can own guns but you can't have a missile launcher. You have freedom of speech but you can't shout 'Fire' in a crowded theater so why can this not be restricted too? Tell that to the ACLU, they've defended them.

My heart goes out to the family of this patriot who lost his life

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I didn't see any protesres in Coal Grove which was a good thing for their own safety!! I hope they did not show up at the front of Woodland. RIP Justin Allen!

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

osumufan wrote:I didn't see any protesres in Coal Grove which was a good thing for their own safety!! I hope they did not show up at the front of Woodland. RIP Justin Allen!

They weren't at the entrance either. That's where I was standing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i totally agree with you fido.

Return to “The Off season”