scioto county fair ??

General Chat
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

scioto county fair ??

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

can some 1 tell me what the entertainment is at the scioto fair this year please.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Re: scioto county fair ??

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

9th Lorrie Morgan
10th Eric Church
11th Randy Houser
12th Circus Continental 2 shows
13th Larry Gatlin & Gatlin Brothers
14th Demolition Derby

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

I know you asked for Scioto county,but Pike county will have Mcguffy Lane and Jonalee White Wednesday evening

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Ah, the good ole Scioto County Fair. Where for a mere six bucks you can see some of Scioto counties finest citizens all shirtless and sweaty with their guts hanging to their knees and lots of fat girls in midriff baring shirts and pierced belly buttons. It's better than any Freak Show you will ever see. :mrgreen:

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Come on. Everybody that goes to the Scioto Co. Fair are not pillbillies --men dressed in undersize muscle shirts and women violating the fashon rule 'just cause they make it in your size dont mean you have to wear it' Or are spandex queens. There are some real nice people that go to the Fair and have a real nice time And where else can you get that caliber of entertainment for six bucks? And while youre there dont forget to get you a good meal of chicken and noodles or BBQ Chicken

Scioto County Fair August 9-14

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

I'd love to hear Larry Gatlin/ Brothers in a live concert - and for a whole lot less $$ than at most other venues.
But I really don't liike to/trust myself to drive after dark. Is there anyone from Ironton going to that Gatlin Bros concert on 8/13 at the Scioto County Fair who'd be willing to take a passenger along?? I'd buy the gas for the trip.
Last edited by caglewis on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Ah, the good ole Scioto County Fair. Where for a mere six bucks you can see some of Scioto counties finest citizens all shirtless and sweaty with their guts hanging to their knees and lots of fat girls in midriff baring shirts and pierced belly buttons. It's better than any Freak Show you will ever see. :mrgreen:
Already suffered thru the Vinton Co Turkey Festival. Don't think i could take it again this soon. Still fighting those nightmares :lol: :lol:

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Ah, the good ole Scioto County Fair. Where for a mere six bucks you can see some of Scioto counties finest citizens all shirtless and sweaty with their guts hanging to their knees and lots of fat girls in midriff baring shirts and pierced belly buttons. It's better than any Freak Show you will ever see. :mrgreen:
that sounds like biggdogg and Ozzie...........I heard they will be in the dunking booth Friday nite..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

We should feel lucky that Scioto Co. has a nice fair. Jackson and Highland counties are doing away with their extension offices so therefore they will no longer have county fairs. This means that 4-Hers in those counties will no longer be able to participate in 4-H. Hopefully they can come up with some kind of solution for those kids and let them enroll in clubs across county lines.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Leo Byrd wrote:
that sounds like biggdogg and Ozzie...........I heard they will be in the dunking booth Friday nite..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You must be talking about in the past....Because they haven't had that dunking booth since the 70's maybe very early 80's.. :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:Come on. Everybody that goes to the Scioto Co. Fair are not pillbillies --men dressed in undersize muscle shirts and women violating the fashon rule 'just cause they make it in your size dont mean you have to wear it' Or are spandex queens. There are some real nice people that go to the Fair and have a real nice time And where else can you get that caliber of entertainment for six bucks? And while youre there dont forget to get you a good meal of chicken and noodles or BBQ Chicken

Scioto County Fair August 9-14

I can agree with that, but you to admit that it brings the yahoos out of the woodwork every year and it's just amazing what you can see out there. I quit going about 10 years ago when we were sitting in the grandstands waiting for the demo derby to start and this family came in and sat in front of us that had to tip the scales at close to a ton between the 5 of them and the odor was just way to much to take. We had to leave, as did a few other people right close to us it was so bad.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

It's $7.00 this year.

One big change I have noticed in the fair over the past 20 years is the guess your weight guy is gone. He couldn't come close on all those hefty hillbillies.

"um, I'd say you weigh somewhere between 450 and a VW, take your prize"

Still the best deal is Saturday night, not the demo derby, but the 135 pounders, tattooed, shirtless, no teeth greaseballs duking it out over some 350 pound pierced up, bleach blonde bubble headed bimbo yelling "hit em ricky, hit em". priceless!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

That's just hilarious rocky!!!

Return to “The Off season”