Dan Gilbert on Lebron James

General Chat
henrysteele
JV Team

Dan Gilbert on Lebron James

Post by henrysteele »

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... james.html

Dear Cleveland, all of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers supporters wherever you may be tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several-day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: "I personally guarantee that the Cleveland Cavaliers will win an NBA Championship before the self-titled former 'king' wins one."

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our homegrown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland. Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day...

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue...

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Dan Gilbert on Lebron James

Post by biggdowgg »

I have almost given up watching any proffesional sport, out of all the pro football/baseball games I have went to,I have NEVER enjoyed as much as watching my favorite high school teams play 8) .

on a side note, Cleveland now has the extra 120 million they offered James , to bring in 2 or 3 super star.

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

biggdowgg wrote:I have almost given up watching any proffesional sport, out of all the pro football/baseball games I have went to,I have NEVER enjoyed as much as watching my favorite high school teams play 8) .

on a side note, Cleveland now has the extra 120 million they offered James , to bring in 2 or 3 super star.

I'll take a trip to the Ribber and a high school game any day of the week............

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

FIDO wrote:We all say we would have done this, that, and/or the other. But, do we really know how we would handle the kind of success this guy has enjoyed, fresh out of high school? The vast majority of highly talented "JOCKS" are egotistical/narcissists, etc......aka....Brett Favre........Did he really need a prime time audience, as though he were the POTUS, to announce his decision, of course not! If the guy wanted an extra 20 million or a perceived better opportunity to win championships, then it is his decision to make, IMO! There is absolutely no loyalty in professional sports, from owners and/or players. They both use each other for the almighty DOLLAR!!! We loyalists continue to pay ever increasing ticket prices at the gates! So I must ask, who is more ignorant......the one collecting millions or the one giving up a half week's wages to see a sporting event?

This is why I was glad that Farve did not make it to the Super Bowl. It also showed that a group of players in the Saints could play together as a team and win. It is still a team sport.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

biggdowgg wrote:I have almost given up watching any proffesional sport, out of all the pro football/baseball games I have went to,I have NEVER enjoyed as much as watching my favorite high school teams play 8) .

And just who are the 2 or 3 super stars out there that you would get with that 128M that are not already under contract??? Dont think there are any left The last one got on a plane to Miami

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

With the comments made by Gilbert last night,what star free agent would want to come play for him? He did a lot of damage with his statements even though he was telling it like it is...

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

FIDO wrote:We all say we would have done this, that, and/or the other. But, do we really know how we would handle the kind of success this guy has enjoyed, fresh out of high school? The vast majority of highly talented "JOCKS" are egotistical/narcissists, etc......aka....Brett Favre........Did he really need a prime time audience, as though he were the POTUS, to announce his decision, of course not! If the guy wanted an extra 20 million or a perceived better opportunity to win championships, then it is his decision to make, IMO! There is absolutely no loyalty in professional sports, from owners and/or players. They both use each other for the almighty DOLLAR!!! We loyalists continue to pay ever increasing ticket prices at the gates! So I must ask, who is more ignorant......the one collecting millions or the one giving up a half week's wages to see a sporting event?

I think it's funny how so many people are fixated on this whole story but..that might be because I could care less. If not, maybe I would be too? who knows?

...anyway, I've been VERY impressed with how this guy handled all the attention and money and lavish praise heaped on him..even when he was driving a fancy hummer to high school he seemed to keep his nose clean. I KNOW what I would been like if I had all of what he had - and it wouldn't have been good! - ...that's probably why it was best that God didn't give me any athleticism, money and fame. However, in lieu of that, he gave me dashing good looks and a high IQ to make up for it...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:

And just who are the 2 or 3 super stars out there that you would get with that 128M that are not already under contract??? Dont think there are any left The last one got on a plane to Miami

well I guess that proves that I don't watch the NBA or not may other pro sports at all, I don't know who's out there or who available.

oh well

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Biggdowgg, only hearing people getting excited because Poland knocked off Chile or something like that in soccer that they've been playing somewhere for something lately is more baffling than the hype over this to me

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

kantuckyII

I agree, I did not even know he left untill ozz called me late last night and mentioned it.

I wasnt sure when he was going to make a move,and sure did not care

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

kantuckyII wrote:... it was best that God didn't give me any athleticism, money and fame. However, in lieu of that, he gave me dashing good looks and a high IQ to make up for it...

And you've somehow managed to squander those.... :shock:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Dan Gilbert also owns the high definition decal company called Fathead.

Today on the Fathead website the LeBron James full sized Cavs decal that is regularly priced at $99,
was marked down to $17.41

You may be asking, why $17.41, that is the year in which the worlds most famous Traitor, Benedict Arnold, was born.
Last edited by seofan_via_dublin on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

That is absolutely hilarious. What a connection. 1741, LOL. I'll be darned. The whole LeBron thing does open up a lot of money for the Cavs to spend on whoever is left in free agency. I'd think if they add 2 'second-tier' guys (if there's any left) they still make the playoffs.

However, if the bottom falls out and the Cavs are a lottery team next year then maybe they get lucky and get a great draw on the pingpong balls.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Florida doesn't have a state income tax does it? Just a thought.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

BigOrangeOne wrote:
kantuckyII wrote:... However, in lieu of that, he gave me dashing good looks and a high IQ to make up for it...

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Boonedawg wrote:Florida doesn't have a state income tax does it? Just a thought.

He could have just stayed in Cleveland and had Tim Geithner do his taxes. :roll: :oops:

Return to “The Off season”