Dont think it makes Sense

General Chat
WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Dont think it makes Sense

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

While checking out the New, higher priced, menu at Hickie's Hamburger Inn tonight I noticed that the price of a Single Hamburger is $.85 and that a Double Hamburger w/o cheese is $1.70 Now my question is Why is a double twice the price of a single when there is one less bun involved? They are saving the price of one bun on each double order They should at least pass half of that savings to the customer
I usually order two doubles but from now on Im going to order four singles and just make doubles out of them at the table and bring home the two extra buns Ill either use them or feed them to the birds
Another thing, the waitress didnt give me the senior discount and I told the cashier She said "ok" but when I got my change back she didnt apply it either So maybe with the raise in prices they have done away with the Senior discount

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Re: Dont think it makes Sense

Post by Charley Hustle »

That is a disgrace to treat a senior like that........no more Hickies for me....... :roll: :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

WhiteWhiskers wrote:While checking out the New, higher priced, menu at Hickie's Hamburger Inn tonight I noticed that the price of a Single Hamburger is $.85 and that a Double Hamburger w/o cheese is $1.70 Now my question is Why is a double twice the price of a single when there is one less bun involved? They are saving the price of one bun on each double order They should at least pass half of that savings to the customer
I usually order two doubles but from now on Im going to order four singles and just make doubles out of them at the table and bring home the two extra buns Ill either use them or feed them to the birds
Another thing, the waitress didnt give me the senior discount and I told the cashier She said "ok" but when I got my change back she didnt apply it either So maybe with the raise in prices they have done away with the Senior discount

the extras are still the same too--only getting one more hamburger and it cost 85 cents

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Charley Hustle wrote:That is a disgrace to treat a senior like that........no more Hickies for me....... :roll: :roll:

No need for so much sarcasm (one roll would satisfy)

It's just the fact that they raise their prices and then hose their senior customers with one fell swoop
Do as you please about "no more Hickies...." For me, four singles make my doubles bring home the buns and I'll keep asking for my Senior Discount until they put up a sign that they no longer give it like the sign that they no long take $100 and $50 bills

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

actually making them yourself at home makes much more sense. Again, I hate to repeat myself, but there is only one good reason to go to Portsmouth.....that is a Ribeye from the Ribber.

Return to “The Off season”